Separation with baby. What support can I receive?

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Tarja2905

Post by Tarja2905 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:22 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a 3-month baby and now I want to separate with my husband. I need to move out, but money situation: I have only Kela äitiyslomaraha + lapsilisä.

How is it possible to rent an apartment somewhere if I don’t have extra money for deposit, plus only Kela money for daily life? I don’t think any owner wants to sign contract with me 😬

I have heard about support from asuntopalvelu that maybe they can help find a place & guarantee for the rental deposit. Is that true and how it works?

Thank you for any information and suggestions 😊

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Separation with baby. What support can I receive?

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:38 pm

Tarja2905 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:22 pm
Hello everyone,

I have a 3-month baby and now I want to separate with my husband. I need to move out, but money situation: I have only Kela äitiyslomaraha + lapsilisä.

How is it possible to rent an apartment somewhere if I don’t have extra money for deposit, plus only Kela money for daily life? I don’t think any owner wants to sign contract with me 😬

I have heard about support from asuntopalvelu that maybe they can help find a place & guarantee for the rental deposit. Is that true and how it works?

Thank you for any information and suggestions 😊
” Basic social assistance may be available to individuals and families whose income and assets do not cover their essential daily expenses. Basic social assistance consists of a basic amount and other basic expenses.”

https://www.kela.fi/social-assistance-t ... ou-can-get

Tarja2905

Re: Separation with baby. What support can I receive?

Post by Tarja2905 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:01 pm

Thank you for the link!! It really helps 💓