temporary(student) to continous RP?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
csoul

Post by csoul » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:32 am

I have been reading infopankki website and came to understand that "students cannot apply for a continous RP".

If you have been granted a residence permit on the basis of study, it cannot be converted into a continuous permit as long as the purpose of your residence in the country is studying. A residence permit for studies is always temporary.

but from what i have seen, many students have converted their RP to continuous from work, before their graduation. is this like if you get a full time job, your status changes?

also, what is considered a full time job? is it just the number of hours or is there a salary limit that needs to be earned to be considered full time employed?

would highly appreciate your pov.

kiitos.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

csoul

Re: temporary(student) to continous RP?

Post by csoul » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:56 pm

over a 100 views but no reply. darned. :!:

want to put forward my question again. waht is considered a full time work in finland, is just the number of hours or is there a minimum salary requirement that needs to be met. please let some wisdom prevail. :lightbulb:

Rip

Post by Rip » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:35 pm

If nobody here knows the relevant definition of full time work here, how about asking directly from Migri?

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:38 am

Because you are some idiot, and we are not allowed to say you are stupid. So just apply - and then come whine here...
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

csoul

Post by csoul » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:47 pm

Rip wrote:If nobody here knows the relevant definition of full time work here, how about asking directly from Migri?
the thing is that i live in a small town, and looking at the contacts in the migri page, only the big cities seem to have its offices.
Pursuivant wrote:Because you are some idiot, and we are not allowed to say you are stupid. So just apply - and then come whine here...
wow...that is some hostility. if i apply and fail, i wont be fooking around, i ll be gone. you wont have to bother with me.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:04 pm

csoul wrote:
Rip wrote:If nobody here knows the relevant definition of full time work here, how about asking directly from Migri?
the thing is that i live in a small town, and looking at the contacts in the migri page, only the big cities seem to have its offices.
Contact information

Customer service

The Finnish Immigration Service serves its customers

* through its website
* by telephone
* through service points in Helsinki
* by e-mail and letter

http://www.migri.fi/netcomm/content.asp?path=8,2479
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

desert nomad

Post by desert nomad » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:06 pm

Its difficult to say, I'm not sure how your friends managed to convert their permits, to the best of my knowledge is that a person should have the B-permit based on work to be eilgible to upgrade to the A status after two years if the person is still working. As for your question about what defines full-time work, I think its 35-40 hours/week. Its better if you discuss the matter with the aliens department at the local police station (The people who extend your permit).

csoul

Post by csoul » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:58 pm

Thanks Upphew and desertnomad. I am going to try emailing the migri office as well as discuss it in the police station.

popsnicky

Post by popsnicky » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:19 pm

37.5 -40 hr/week is considered as a full work.but converting from student to continous permit is actually by chance even if you meet the requirement.be smart

rosyl_0817

Post by rosyl_0817 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:20 am

Hi,
Any update from you? Did u able to convert your study permit to working permit?
I need answers coz im planning to apply a working permit from student. Thank yoy

NaLeKoNa

Post by NaLeKoNa » Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:11 am

rosyl_0817 wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:20 am
Hi,
Any update from you? Did u able to convert your study permit to working permit?
I need answers coz im planning to apply a working permit from student. Thank yoy
Hi, have you been able to convert to work permit, can you please provide some feedback

henrycavill12

Post by henrycavill12 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:35 pm

Any news from you lately? Did you succeed in changing your study permit into a work permit?
I need clarification because I intend to apply for a student work visa. I'm grateful.