The EU long-term residence permit is a permanent residence title, which enables you to live and work in any EU country

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
mojo88

The EU long-term residence permit is a permanent residence title, which enables you to live and work in any EU country

Post by mojo88 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:34 pm

Has any UK passport holder traveled to other EU countries & benefited from the Finnish long-term residence permit described below - or is it limited to Finland only?

e.g can a Finnish long-term residence permit holder just move to example Sweden and start working immediately even without a visa?

https://home-affairs.ec.europa.eu/polic ... sidents_en

1. it will grant these non-EU nationals a set of rights that are similar to those enjoyed by EU citizens, in terms of work, education, social security, access to goods and services
2. to make it easier for these non-EU nationals to move to other EU countries to work and study

The EU long-term residence permit is a permanent residence title, which enables you to live and work in any EU member country.

To be eligible, third-country nationals must have lived in the EU country where they apply, for at least five years. The best thing about an EU long-term residence permit is that it is permanent and automatically renewable after a period, and it facilitates the move to a different EU country.

(Please note that Denmark and Ireland are excluded).

As a long-term resident you have the right to be treated equally with the citizens of the host EU country in the following areas:

Access to employment and self-employment (this may not apply for some activities which are only for nationals or EU citizens, such as access to some positions in the public administration);
Conditions of employment and work;
Education and work-related training, including study grants;
Recognition of diplomas and qualifications;
Social protection, social assistance and social security as defined by national law (EU countries can limit social assistance to basic benefits only, such as the minimum income);
Tax benefits;
Access to goods and services (e.g. transport, museums, restaurants, etc.);
Freedom of association and trade union membership;
Free access to the entire territory of the EU host country.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rankin

Re: The EU long-term residence permit is a permanent residence title, which enables you to live and work in any EU count

Post by Rankin » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:00 pm

If you have P-EU then it makes it easier to move and begin working/studying in other EU countries.
You basically just need a reason to be there, a job contract, income, etc - which is basically the same requirement for EU citizens.
The requirements differ slightly depending on the country you want to go to.

jeetchel

Re: The EU long-term residence permit is a permanent residence title, which enables you to live and work in any EU count

Post by jeetchel » Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:03 pm

Hello,

Can I also apply for EU-P for my spouse alongwith my application? Given that my spouse is currently unemployed and has been so for few years, but my income is (fortunately) high enough to support both of us and our baby kid, atleast meets the income requirements for a family of 3.