College degree

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
charlesirwin22

College degree

Post by charlesirwin22 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:02 pm

Can my associates degree in criminal justice: police science by used/ recognized on finland? Or do I have e to retake a it again in finland?

College degree

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: College degree

Post by FinlandGirl » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:44 am

charlesirwin22 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:02 pm
Can my associates degree in criminal justice: police science by used/ recognized on finland? Or do I have e to retake a it again in finland?
There are no associate degrees in Finland, the lowest degree is a Bachelor.

There is only limited use for the knowledge from your previous degree, judicial system and policing in Finland are completely different from the US.

In addition to a Bachelor from the Police University, Finnish police officers need Finnish citizenship and Finnish and Swedish language skills.

nikskate

Re: College degree

Post by nikskate » Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:13 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:44 am
charlesirwin22 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:02 pm
There are no associate degrees in Finland, the lowest degree is a Bachelor.

There is only limited use for the knowledge from your previous degree, judicial system and policing in Finland are completely different from the US.

In addition to a Bachelor from the Police University, Finnish police officers need Finnish citizenship and Finnish and Swedish language skills.
When you think about it US requirements for police officer is a joke compared to requirements to become a police officer in Finland.