MIGRI - Residence Permit type A changed to type B

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
mrc1990

Post by mrc1990 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:01 pm

Hello,

Has anyone here had their residence permit type changed when applied for the extension?
I have had type A for the last 3 years, unfortunately, I need to renew my visa every year, in the last one Migri’s decided to switch my visa to type B despite the decision of the te-office that says extension for type A. I am going to appeal, but I would like to know if someone has been through a similar situation and what was the outcome of it.

It’s quite frustrating because I’m within a few months of being able to apply for a permanent visa.

Thanks for your attention.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

NaLeKoNa

Re: MIGRI - Residence Permit type A changed to type B

Post by NaLeKoNa » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:56 am

mrc1990 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:01 pm
Hello,

Has anyone here had their residence permit type changed when applied for the extension?
I have had type A for the last 3 years, unfortunately, I need to renew my visa every year, in the last one Migri’s decided to switch my visa to type B despite the decision of the te-office that says extension for type A. I am going to appeal, but I would like to know if someone has been through a similar situation and what was the outcome of it.

It’s quite frustrating because I’m within a few months of being able to apply for a permanent visa.

Thanks for your attention.
Hi,
You need to tell more information in order to get answers! I believe you came to Finland as a student, right? Did you complete your studies before getting type A residence permit?
If you have not, then the reason for switching you back to type B permit is because you are still a student and have not graduated! So what is the situation of your studies, completed or not? And for the last 3 years that you had type A, was it with same job you applied?