Final payments after resigning

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
gigibadid

Post by gigibadid » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:37 pm

Hi, I have been working with a company for almost 1 year now. I will give notice soon and on my last day at work will be employed for over a year. I haven't use any vacations days or any leaves. Do I still get the holiday pay and the holiday bonus or do I lose those rights? Does anyone knows about this ?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

riku2

Re: Final payments after resigning

Post by riku2 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:17 am

They should pay for the unused holidays that you earned (what you call "holiday pay") but the holiday bonus is given when you actually take the holiday (it was originally invented to tempt people back to work after a month off in July, otherwise they lost their motivation and did not return to work in the third week of August). So they are unlikely to pay that. Some companies pay the bonus according to when you take the holiday. Some (who cannot be bothered to implement the tracking for this) just divide it by two and pay half in May (before most people have their summer holiday) and the rest in August (after most people have taken their "summer" holiday). I suppose companies like this could ask for the bonus back if you leave in October and did not take a months holiday in July for example.

37yqp8098y5

Re: Final payments after resigning

Post by 37yqp8098y5 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:30 am

gigibadid wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:37 pm
Hi, I have been working with a company for almost 1 year now. I will give notice soon and on my last day at work will be employed for over a year. I haven't use any vacations days or any leaves. Do I still get the holiday pay and the holiday bonus or do I lose those rights? Does anyone knows about this ?
If you haven't taken any holiday leave, they will pay you a normal day's salary for each of those holidays you accrued as a bonus in addition to your normal salary.
The average Somali and Iraqi costs Finland €12,000 per person, per year.
https://julkaisut.valtioneuvosto.fi/handle/10024/160396