PR Application 2023

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
DrStrange1990

PR Application 2023

Post by DrStrange1990 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:36 am

Hi friends,
I just thought to create this thread so people can share their experiences. It'd be very helpful for other people if someone who has applied PR and got their decision this year.
1. How long did it take to get decision after sending application and how long did it take to get a card
2. Has someone's PR application got rejected, can you please share the reasons
3. Can you immediately reapply for PR if first application was rejected and what are the tips to avoid rejection
4. Which application has more quicker decision time, PR based on employment or PR based on family ties?
5. Has someone tried to apply PR before 3 months of completion of 4 years of A type residence permit (only for those cases who has lived in Finland on B type residence permit previously and hence lived in Finland for 4 years). How long did it take to get a decision after 4 years of A type permit completed after 3 months.

You can also ask questions in the same thread.

Thank you!

PR Application 2023

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

kalaizanala

Re: PR Application 2023

Post by kalaizanala » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:54 am

DrStrange1990 wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:36 am
5. Has someone tried to apply PR before 3 months of completion of 4 years of A type residence permit (only for those cases who has lived in Finland on B type residence permit previously and hence lived in Finland for 4 years).
I was asking migri directly about this. I told them that I have been living in Finland for full 7 years. First 4 years with B type residence permit and next 3 years with A type residence permit. I asked if I can apply for PR earlier than before 3 months of completion of 4 years of A type residence permit. Their answer was:
Apply for a permanent residence permit before your previous residence permit expires. However, we do not recommend that you apply for a permanent residence permit earlier than three months before completing your four-year period of residence. If you apply earlier, we may not necessarily be able to assess whether you meet the requirements for a permanent residence permit and may be unable to grant the permit. If you only apply for a permanent residence permit after your previous residence.

It will be interesting to hear if someone tried and really got a decision earlier.

boy30062021

Post by boy30062021 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:53 am

kalaizanala wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:54 am
DrStrange1990 wrote:
5. Has someone tried to apply PR before 3 months of completion of 4 years of A type residence permit (only for those cases who has lived in Finland on B type residence permit previously and hence lived in Finland for 4 years).
I was asking migri directly about this. I told them that I have been living in Finland for full 7 years. First 4 years with B type residence permit and next 3 years with A type residence permit. I asked if I can apply for PR earlier than before 3 months of completion of 4 years of A type residence permit. Their answer was:
Apply for a permanent residence permit before your previous residence permit expires. However, we do not recommend that you apply for a permanent residence permit earlier than three months before completing your four-year period of residence. If you apply earlier, we may not necessarily be able to assess whether you meet the requirements for a permanent residence permit and may be unable to grant the permit. If you only apply for a permanent residence permit after your previous residence.

It will be interesting to hear if someone tried and really got a decision earlier.
I had experience with this when I applied before my 4 years were completed. I waited about 4 months and when they gave me they told me the reason why I waited longer. Below was the email I received
you have been granted a permanent permit. You can read the decision on the EnterFinland service. The decision could not have been made earlier because the residence period has not been completed until August 13, 2022.

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:00 am

boy30062021 wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:53 am
kalaizanala wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:54 am
DrStrange1990 wrote:

I had experience with this when I applied before my 4 years were completed. I waited about 4 months and when they gave me they told me the reason why I waited longer. Below was the email I received
you have been granted a permanent permit. You can read the decision on the EnterFinland service. The decision could not have been made earlier because the residence period has not been completed until August 13, 2022.
At least they didnt reject the application :D

DrStrange1990

Post by DrStrange1990 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:42 pm

Have you waited for four months AFTER your four years of A type residence period completed? or assuming that you applied three months before completion of your four years A type residence period, one month after A type residence period completed?

And after you applied for PR, did migri ask you any documents again during waiting period or they just gave a decision?

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:49 pm

DrStrange1990 wrote:
3. Can you immediately reapply for PR if first application was rejected and what are the tips to avoid rejection
If you fulfil the requirements stated it will be granted.

If you apply on the same grounds as your previous RP, nothing has changed, and you have not committed any crimes or unpaid taxes, then there is little reason to worry.
DrStrange1990 wrote:
4. Which application has more quicker decision time, PR based on employment or PR based on family ties?
Fastest should be applying on the same grounds as before.

fiksumuksu69

Post by fiksumuksu69 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:07 pm

I am trying to attach PDF documents to the application, but the Enterfinland website is not letting me, saying "File contains potentially infected content" :D I've attached these exact files to other applications! Has anyone encountered this before?

EDIT: Retrying from an incognito browser window solved the problem. Weird.

RandomDude

Post by RandomDude » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:17 pm

Sharing for statistics.

Due to pending citizenship application applied for the special expert RP extension a month ago - still waiting for processing. Queue number fluctuating around 60.

Weird since previous extension four years ago took one work day.

dude238818

Post by dude238818 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:44 am

DrStrange1990 wrote:
Hi friends,
I just thought to create this thread so people can share their experiences. It'd be very helpful for other people if someone who has applied PR and got their decision this year.
1. How long did it take to get decision after sending application and how long did it take to get a card
5. Has someone tried to apply PR before 3 months of completion of 4 years of A type residence permit (only for those cases who has lived in Finland on B type residence permit previously and hence lived in Finland for 4 years). How long did it take to get a decision after 4 years of A type permit completed after 3 months.

Thank you!
I did apply for PR 6 months before 4 years were complete but they gave me after I fulfilled only the 4 years I got the PR. Below is the message I got after bothering them a lot. So I would tell you from my experience they will not give you even it remains 1 day you have to fulfill the 4 years completely. I hope it helps

You have been granted a permanent permit. You can read the decision on the EnterFinland service. The decision could not have been made earlier, because the residence period has not been completed until July 14, 2022.

DrStrange1990

Post by DrStrange1990 » Sun May 07, 2023 5:25 pm

dude238818 wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:44 am
DrStrange1990 wrote:
Hi friends,

Thank you!
I did apply for PR 6 months before 4 years were complete but they gave me after I fulfilled only the 4 years I got the PR. Below is the message I got after bothering them a lot. So I would tell you from my experience they will not give you even it remains 1 day you have to fulfill the 4 years completely. I hope it helps

You have been granted a permanent permit. You can read the decision on the EnterFinland service. The decision could not have been made earlier, because the residence period has not been completed until July 14, 2022.
Did you apply 6 months before in enter Finland website AND went to migri for verification?

agroot

Post by agroot » Wed May 10, 2023 2:22 am

applied after 4 years. booked my appointment for two weeks after, got positive decision on the appointment day, got the card a week later.

Daniel2016

Post by Daniel2016 » Wed May 10, 2023 6:41 am

Congratulations!!! This is super fast.
Could you tell me your occupation, nationality and how long you have been on A permit?
agroot wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 2:22 am
applied after 4 years. booked my appointment for two weeks after, got positive decision on the appointment day, got the card a week later.

sks131

Post by sks131 » Fri May 12, 2023 6:21 pm

It was the same with me also
  • visited the Migri office on 10th -within hours decision was ready
  • today i checked online Enterfinland it shows -the card has been ordered
  • expecting to get in my hands next week
super fast

Cheers,
Sks

fingol

Post by fingol » Tue May 16, 2023 10:47 am

Does Migri start to check the PR application, when A permit expires?

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Thu May 18, 2023 9:15 am

fingol wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 10:47 am
Does Migri start to check the PR application, when A permit expires?
Migri starts to check permanent permit application when the 4-year residency requirement is met. A permit does not influence.