What to do after citizenship application is approved?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
vla

Re: What to do after citizenship application is approved?

Post by vla » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:19 am

vla wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:44 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:27 pm
vla wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:34 pm
They said that they will send the card but it’s possible that it cannot reach on time. For some reason they have to send it via post and not electronically. But anyway they said also that the card is not needed for voting.
Are you registered for Suomi.fi-messages?
Yes, but they said in this cases it will only come by post, since it’s outside the main process.
Today I got the card anyway via Suomi.fi, even when they said it wouldn't come that way.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

vla

Post by vla » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:20 am

FinlandGirl wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:31 am
vla wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:20 am
So I have just been granted Finnish citizenship, but what now? I know I should apply passport from the police and that I can vote in the parlament elections in april, but is there anything else that I should do?
You should inform your other citizenship countries of your new citizenship.
OK, interesting. I have tried to find information on how to do this, but no luck yet.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:48 pm

vla wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:20 am
FinlandGirl wrote:
vla wrote:
So I have just been granted Finnish citizenship, but what now? I know I should apply passport from the police and that I can vote in the parlament elections in april, but is there anything else that I should do?
OK, interesting. I have tried to find information on how to do this, but no luck yet.
Many countries do not care so they have no process.

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:04 pm

vla wrote:
Hello everyone!

You should have a party :beer_yum: :D

rash2312

Post by rash2312 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:15 am

vla wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:49 pm
broccoli wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:00 pm
how long did you wait for the decision?
Two months and three weeks. I was very surprised since they told me in december when I went to the office that it could take up to two years.
By any chance, do you what was your queue number when you got the decision? 😊

browndude

Post by browndude » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:05 pm

vla wrote:
FinlandGirl wrote:
vla wrote:
What other citizenship do you have? Finland allows for multiple citizenships so you could apply for permission from your citizenship country to avoid red-tape problems in the future-if they care at all about such things that is. I got permission to retain my original citizenship prior to applying for Finnish citizenship.
ImageImage

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:12 pm

browndude wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:05 pm
vla wrote:
FinlandGirl wrote:

What other citizenship do you have? Finland allows for multiple citizenships so you could apply for permission from your citizenship country to avoid red-tape problems in the future-if they care at all about such things that is. I got permission to retain my original citizenship prior to applying for Finnish citizenship.
Someone I know had 2 citizenships before getting Finnish citizenship. Then after he got his Finnish citizenship, he was contacted by Finnish authority and was told that he can only have one other citizenship beside Finnish citizenship. If he wants to keep his Finnish citizenship he would have to give up one of the other 2. So he gave up one of them. This info left me confused, because I always thought Finland allows multiple citizenship. Can this be possible?

browndude

Post by browndude » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:00 pm

Maaria wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:12 pm
browndude wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:05 pm
vla wrote:

Someone I know had 2 citizenships before getting Finnish citizenship. Then after he got his Finnish citizenship, he was contacted by Finnish authority and was told that he can only have one other citizenship beside Finnish citizenship. If he wants to keep his Finnish citizenship he would have to give up one of the other 2. So he gave up one of them. This info left me confused, because I always thought Finland allows multiple citizenship. Can this be possible?
I doubt that was the whole story. Finland accepts multiple citizenships. It may have been an issue coming from the side of his other citizenships.

https://migri.fi/suomen-kansalaisuus

Monikansalaisuus
Suomen kansalainen voi olla samalla myös toisen valtion kansalainen, koska Suomi hyväksyy monikansalaisuuden.

Jos sinulla on Suomen kansalaisuuden lisäksi yksi tai useampi kansalaisuus, Suomen viranomaiset pitävät sinua Suomen kansalaisena Suomessa ja ulkomailla.

Muiden valtioiden viranomaiset eivät välttämättä pidä sinua Suomen kansalaisena, koska kaikki valtiot eivät hyväksy monikansalaisuutta.

It says "yksi tai useampi kansalaisuus".
ImageImage

vla

Post by vla » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:35 pm

rash2312 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:15 am
vla wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:49 pm
broccoli wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:00 pm
how long did you wait for the decision?
Two months and three weeks. I was very surprised since they told me in december when I went to the office that it could take up to two years.
By any chance, do you what was your queue number when you got the decision? 😊