Citizenship Application 2023

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
kosker

Re: Citizenship Application 2023

Post by kosker » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:35 pm

I hope we are in the same queue then. I also applied in October 2021 and they told me couple weeks ago that my application should be processed in a "few" months.
shallowpie wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:03 pm
pizzapasta wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:46 pm
Man, you can’t even make this sh*t up. It is absolutely crazy. My guess is you and wife have similar backgrounds and yet they’d tell you your own case is been delayed because it is a challenging one ( when they haven’t even checked it).
A few days ago, I reached out to Migri and received the following response: Upon submitting a citizenship application, it is automatically and randomly assigned to one of several queues. These queues are not synchronized, which is why some applicants receive a response within 5 months, while others may wait for 20+ months. This variation depends on the individual employee's working speed and style. Additionally, they informed me that my current queue is processing applications from September 2021, so I can expect to hear back from them sometime this spring.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Subzero

Post by Subzero » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:38 am

shallowpie wrote:
pizzapasta wrote:
Man, you can’t even make this sh*t up. It is absolutely crazy. My guess is you and wife have similar backgrounds and yet they’d tell you your own case is been delayed because it is a challenging one ( when they haven’t even checked it).
A few days ago, I reached out to Migri and received the following response: Upon submitting a citizenship application, it is automatically and randomly assigned to one of several queues. These queues are not synchronized, which is why some applicants receive a response within 5 months, while others may wait for 20+ months. This variation depends on the individual employee's working speed and style. Additionally, they informed me that my current queue is processing applications from September 2021, so I can expect to hear back from them sometime this spring.
This explanation makes sense now. I am very sure the employee working on my application is on Maternity or paternity leave for 21 months now.

This is the most ridiculous system I have encountered in my whole life. A system where some people are selected randomly to wait over 24 months for a decision while others are given preferential and speedy response.

We have stayed for over 10 years so 5 or 6 months more waiting won't kill us, it's just so unfair and very unprofessional.

Subzero

Post by Subzero » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:41 am

kosker wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:35 pm
I hope we are in the same queue then. I also applied in October 2021 and they told me couple weeks ago that my application should be processed in a "few" months.
shallowpie wrote:
pizzapasta wrote:
I applied in July 2021 and my queue number is 1394. I have not even contacted migri because I feel like those responses are generic and knowing that they are outsourcing some of the customer service from a different country.

Looks like everything is messed up

Edward35

Post by Edward35 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:10 am

Subzero wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:41 am
kosker wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:35 pm
shallowpie wrote:

I applied in July 2021 and my queue number is 1394. I have not even contacted migri because I feel like those responses are generic and knowing that they are outsourcing some of the customer service from a different country.

Looks like everything is messed up
Lets be frank to ourselves, migri has selective process against some applicants.

RandomDude

Post by RandomDude » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:41 am

Edward35 wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:10 am
Lets be frank to ourselves, migri has selective process against some applicants.
That would make sense if we could see some clear criteria when this or that applicant being discriminated. But so far it looks like random.

shallowpie

Post by shallowpie » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:49 am

shallowpie wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:35 pm
Nah. Me and my wife both have permanent residence permits.
I applied in October 2021 and still on stage 1, she applied in October 2022 and the reviewing process has started for her. Today actually…
Just an update. My wife has received the citizenship. No questions or additional documents were asked.

Auringon_kukka

Post by Auringon_kukka » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:21 pm

shallowpie wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:49 am
shallowpie wrote:
I applied in October 2021 and still on stage 1, she applied in October 2022 and the reviewing process has started for her. Today actually…
Just an update. My wife has received the citizenship. No questions or additional documents were asked.
Congratulations :D :D :D :D :D

Subzero

Post by Subzero » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:29 am

shallowpie wrote:
shallowpie wrote:
Congratulations to her mate....looks like you are going to get yours soon.

If you applied one year ahead of her and she is granted before you..

What is your line of work..? Do you have a permanent work contract..?

I heard those who do this freelance work like foodora and wolt have to wait for 2 years before their decision is made.

Subzero

Post by Subzero » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:32 am

SCHOOLDROPOUT wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:50 pm
Creating this as the year is coming to an end. I created the topic for 2021 in 2020.
Been 2 solid years! Lol

Let's go!
Guys Someone told me if you are doing a freelance work like Foodora, wolt or taksi your application takes 2 years..

How true is this..? Does anyone have an experience on this forum..?

Subzero

Post by Subzero » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:44 am

Subzero wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:32 am
SCHOOLDROPOUT wrote:
Creating this as the year is coming to an end. I created the topic for 2021 in 2020.
Been 2 solid years! Lol

Let's go!
Guys Someone told me if you are doing a freelance work like Foodora, wolt or taksi your application takes 2 years..

One thing that keeps bugging me is that..
Why do the migri grant Permanent Residence to applicants who are on their Red list but find it difficult to grant them citizenship.

These people apply with same passport so what at all do they have to check

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:26 am

Subzero wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:44 am
One thing that keeps bugging me is that..
Why do the migri grant Permanent Residence to applicants who are on their Red list but find it difficult to grant them citizenship.
There are two possible explanations, whichever you like more:
- They are all assigned to more skilled officer (ylitarkastaja) queue, which is busy and waiting time the is much longer.
- Or Migri is waiting for migrant from low-trusted country to commit a crime, so they can kick him out quickly and deny citizenship application.

pizzapasta

Post by pizzapasta » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:38 am

Subzero wrote:
SCHOOLDROPOUT wrote:
Been 2 solid years! Lol

Let's go!

I mean it’s quite obvious that generally people in that line of work have to wait longer. Remember last year or so one guy was denied a residence permit because he was just working Wolt even though he was making an average of 5000e monthly. They sited the job as an unreliable source of income or something I’m not so sure. But yeah they probably have to put such people doing those jobs in a separate basket. A lot of people I know in that line of work had to wait for 19 months minimum. Also there’s probably a whole bunch of people doing those jobs and for that matter making the queue longer for that category( bare in mind I’m referring to a different queue and not the generically generated one by Kamu ) So yeah. If your country is on the list and you combine all that you get your 2 years 😂. I don’t anything for sure. I’m only speculating based on some observations.

nikskate

Post by nikskate » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:33 pm

pizzapasta wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:38 am
Subzero wrote:
SCHOOLDROPOUT wrote:
Been 2 solid years! Lol

Let's go!

I mean it’s quite obvious that generally people in that line of work have to wait longer. Remember last year or so one guy was denied a residence permit because he was just working Wolt even though he was making an average of 5000e monthly. They sited the job as an unreliable source of income or something I’m not so sure. But yeah they probably have to put such people doing those jobs in a separate basket. A lot of people I know in that line of work had to wait for 19 months minimum. Also there’s probably a whole bunch of people doing those jobs and for that matter making the queue longer for that category( bare in mind I’m referring to a different queue and not the generically generated one by Kamu ) So yeah. If your country is on the list and you combine all that you get your 2 years 😂. I don’t anything for sure. I’m only speculating based on some observations.

All these plus I guess if someone came from a red country, it would be harder to get a reliable background info. And the more you leave the country or change you job the longer it takes to confirm that you haven’t commited any crime or owe anyone anything during those times.

ihalainen

Post by ihalainen » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:03 pm

Just for information - waiting for about ten months and "odotan rauhassa" :lol: Couple of weeks ago I made an application for permanent RP, because the previous one ends this summer. The officer said that it might take even a year, but I received a positive RP decision in FOUR HOURS :ohno: after Migri visiting. And still waiting for the main thing.

shallowpie

Post by shallowpie » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:42 pm

Subzero wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:29 am
shallowpie wrote:
shallowpie wrote:
Congratulations to her mate....looks like you are going to get yours soon.

If you applied one year ahead of her and she is granted before you..

What is your line of work..? Do you have a permanent work contract..?

I heard those who do this freelance work like foodora and wolt have to wait for 2 years before their decision is made.
Hey, and thanks. I am a software engineer for one of the biggest Finnish companies with a permanent contract. My wife is a lecturer and researcher for one of the Finnish universities (they normally have temporary contracts, which are prolonged every year or so, if the university has funds).
Last edited by shallowpie on Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.