Marriage, cohabitating, Children and RP

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Kabaruno

Post by Kabaruno » Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:57 pm

I moved to Finland one year now and I have my partner who in my country I had customarily married her and we had not legalized our marriage by law. I have been with her since 2014 Dec after with her Son born 2011, we have 2kids together now three kids I have been taking care of since. We took an oath of our cohabitation, like legalized our cohabitation with sworn oath in 2018 January. Now she is in a different country, Qatar and I am here in Finland and I would like her to apply for RP but the country don't have the handling of RP issues unless she flies to UAE(Abhu Dabi) for the Finland embassy. Now the question is, can I invite her for visiting then we legalize our relationship in Finland? What about the child I adopted? What could be the easiest way to let her come to Finland and we live here since now it has been so damn for me Bering in the situation we are. Can someone advice, since her application for RP is so complex, being a foreigner working in Qatar needing another Visa to fly to another country to visit service point for appointment. Please advice, help where possible. I will appreciate your input. Thank you.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Marriage, cohabitating, Children and RP

Post by FinlandGirl » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:33 pm

Kabaruno wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:57 pm
I moved to Finland one year now and I have my partner who in my country I had customarily married her and we had not legalized our marriage by law. I have been with her since 2014 Dec after with her Son born 2011, we have 2kids together now three kids I have been taking care of since. We took an oath of our cohabitation, like legalized our cohabitation with sworn oath in 2018 January. Now she is in a different country, Qatar and I am here in Finland and I would like her to apply for RP but the country don't have the handling of RP issues unless she flies to UAE(Abhu Dabi) for the Finland embassy. Now the question is, can I invite her for visiting then we legalize our relationship in Finland? What about the child I adopted? What could be the easiest way to let her come to Finland and we live here since now it has been so damn for me Bering in the situation we are. Can someone advice, since her application for RP is so complex, being a foreigner working in Qatar needing another Visa to fly to another country to visit service point for appointment. Please advice, help where possible. I will appreciate your input. Thank you.
You don't need anything to legalize your relationship.
2 years of cohabitation are like marriage for residence permit purposes.
A relationship with a child in joint custody is like marriage for residence permit purposes.

Biological relationship to the children does not matter, an adopted child for whom you are the guardian is not different.

If you fulfil the income requirement for a family of 5 (2900 Euro/month after taxes) there shouldn't be any problem, but getting a decision might take a year.