Tips for a side hustle with flexible hours?

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
bhn

Post by bhn » Sun May 14, 2023 6:51 pm

Hello!

Long time lurker but first time poster at this forum :-)

I'm an English-speaking foreigner living here as a permanent resident for close to a couple of decades and I have a primary job in the academia (R&D, IT) that allows me plenty of work time flexibility. I've been contemplating a side hustle for some time now but I might need to take that more seriously now to draw in more income.

So I wanted to reach out and ask what would be good ways to find one? I have a family with kids and I live in Central Finland. My Finnish is limited (I'm able to read/write/speak simple Finnish). Obviously something that allows me to work from home during the evenings and giving flexible hours would be ideal. I don't have that much money to use as a capital either.

Are my expectations unrealistic? Thanks for all your advice :-)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Tips for a side hustle with flexible hours?

Post by FinlandGirl » Sun May 14, 2023 11:05 pm

bhn wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 6:51 pm
I'm an English-speaking foreigner living here as a permanent resident for close to a couple of decades and I have a primary job in the academia (R&D, IT) that allows me plenty of work time flexibility. I've been contemplating a side hustle for some time now but I might need to take that more seriously now to draw in more income.

So I wanted to reach out and ask what would be good ways to find one? I have a family with kids and I live in Central Finland. My Finnish is limited (I'm able to read/write/speak simple Finnish). Obviously something that allows me to work from home during the evenings and giving flexible hours would be ideal. I don't have that much money to use as a capital either.
Check what companies might be willing to hire or contract you based on your IT skills.

Outside IT, the typical side hustle option (or main job) for people who are not able to work in Finnish is entrepreneurship doing Uber/Foodora/Wolt people/food delivery .