extended RP Spouse of a Finnish Citizen

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
om2812

Post by om2812 » Sat May 13, 2023 4:03 pm

I have applied for an extended permit based on new grounds of the fact that i got married to a Finnish citizen. I am just really nervous to be honest, I came to Finland as a student and recently graduated, my husband and i are married last year and we filled out all the forms and i submitted the documents we need to on EnterFinland but we dont have to visit a service point and the waiting is killing me and making me nervous. What is the likelihood that it will be negative? We fit all the requirements but this worry keeps nagging at me. Any words of advice are helpful

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: extended RP Spouse of a Finnish Citizen

Post by FinlandGirl » Sun May 14, 2023 5:36 pm

om2812 wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 4:03 pm
I have applied for an extended permit based on new grounds of the fact that i got married to a Finnish citizen. I am just really nervous to be honest, I came to Finland as a student and recently graduated, my husband and i are married last year and we filled out all the forms and i submitted the documents we need to on EnterFinland but we dont have to visit a service point and the waiting is killing me and making me nervous. What is the likelihood that it will be negative? We fit all the requirements but this worry keeps nagging at me. Any words of advice are helpful
Since you graduated there is no indication that anything was wrong with your current student RP.
There is not much that could be wrong about the formalities of a marriage that happened in Finland.

How do you think Migri might justify a rejection?
Do you have a criminal conviction or is it the 10th marriage for your husband or is there any other reason why you think you should be worried?
Your description does not sound as if Migri would have a choice other than applying the law and grant you the residence permit.

browndude

Re: extended RP Spouse of a Finnish Citizen

Post by browndude » Mon May 15, 2023 12:02 pm

You have lived in Finland for a while and you have gotten married in Finland, to a Finnish citizen. So unless you have committed a serious crime in the interim, your chances of getting your PR rejected are essentially zero.
ImageImage