Changing Jobs and RP

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
blueprintzz

Changing Jobs and RP

Post by blueprintzz » Tue May 30, 2023 8:06 pm

Hi!
I have a bit of an issue with my professional life. I hope someone can direct me into taking the right decision. I have an extended work RP (4 years) for a specific field written “Maarakennus ja vesirakentaminen”. It means I can only work in my current field. But the problem is every winter because of weather conditions I get laid off for almost 5 months and that’s too much for me. Even though I get union money, I would like to work like everyone the whole year. One month vacation is enough for me. So in order to break that cycle I went to school to learn laatoitus (tiling ). But can’t work in laatoitus until I apply for a new RP because it is considered a new field. In order to apply I need a new contract from a laatoitus company but I am not sure companies will sign me a contract knowing they have to wait at least 3 months before I start working ( migri says I can’t work until the permit is granted). I contacted TE office and migri both said the same. I have two questions:

1. can I get a contract from laatoitus company knowing they will wait for my application for the new RP to be granted?

2. if I do get a contract an apply for the RP, is the process going to start over by me receiving 1 year RP again or is it going to be extended with the remaining years that I have ?

Changing Jobs and RP

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic