TE Office calls

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
aaniylhaalta

TE Office calls

Post by aaniylhaalta » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:20 pm

I have been applying for jobs online in Finland and didn't have much luck for the past 6 months. This is also due to the fact that I have been diagnosed with a medical condition which makes me very fatigued and tired during the day. Today I got an email from the TE office asking if I have found a job or not. TE officer is saying that If I haven't found a job, we must have a meeting (live / phone) and make a plan on how to find a job. The last time I did this with the TE office, they sent me to take Finnish language classes, I did that for 6 months or so, however, that did not help me with getting a job.

Does anyone know if I have some kind of a legal obligation to meet with the TE Office or not? Because I would rather keep searching for a job on my own! Hope someone can answer my question here!

TE Office calls

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: TE Office calls

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:21 am

aaniylhaalta wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:20 pm
I have been applying for jobs online in Finland and didn't have much luck for the past 6 months. This is also due to the fact that I have been diagnosed with a medical condition which makes me very fatigued and tired during the day. Today I got an email from the TE office asking if I have found a job or not. TE officer is saying that If I haven't found a job, we must have a meeting (live / phone) and make a plan on how to find a job. The last time I did this with the TE office, they sent me to take Finnish language classes, I did that for 6 months or so, however, that did not help me with getting a job.

Does anyone know if I have some kind of a legal obligation to meet with the TE Office or not? Because I would rather keep searching for a job on my own!
aaniylhaalta wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:08 pm
I have recently moved abroad and wish to change my Finland driving license to a local driving license.
You moved abroad but are receiving Finnish unemployment benefits?
That doesn't sound legal.

BRIKOUI

Post by BRIKOUI » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:03 am

aaniylhaalta wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:20 pm

Does anyone know if I have some kind of a legal obligation to meet with the TE Office or not? Because I would rather keep searching for a job on my own! Hope someone can answer my question here!
You are breaking the law and you might get a fine and deported

aaniylhaalta

Post by aaniylhaalta » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:45 am

BRIKOUI wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:03 am
How am I breaking the law?

aaniylhaalta

Post by aaniylhaalta » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:45 am

FinlandGirl wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:21 am
You moved abroad but are receiving Finnish unemployment benefits?
That doesn't sound legal.
I came back to Finland last month.

37yqp8098y5

Post by 37yqp8098y5 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:31 pm

aaniylhaalta wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:45 am
BRIKOUI wrote:
If you have been getting any money whilst overseas you have been breaking the law. The money is not to be paid to anyone who moved overseas for any reason. You must be physically in Finland with the express intention and capability to work immediately. This is clearly written on Kela's site. If they find out, you're liable to pay the entire amount back, could be deported and likely will be banned from receiving further benefits. Any/all of the 3.

As for the meeting, no you don't have a legal obligation to attend. However, they can and will cut your money immediately for not attending.
The average Somali and Iraqi costs Finland €12,000 per person, per year.
https://julkaisut.valtioneuvosto.fi/handle/10024/160396

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:11 pm

37yqp8098y5 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:31 pm
aaniylhaalta wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:45 am
BRIKOUI wrote:
If you have been getting any money whilst overseas you have been breaking the law. The money is not to be paid to anyone who moved overseas for any reason. You must be physically in Finland with the express intention and capability to work immediately. This is clearly written on Kela's site. If they find out, you're liable to pay the entire amount back, could be deported and likely will be banned from receiving further benefits. Any/all of the 3.
This is not correct. There are many situations when one is allowed to be abroad and still receiving benefits.

https://www.kela.fi/from-finland-to-ano ... k-for-work