PR Cancellation

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
poter

PR Cancellation

Post by poter » Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a permanent residence permit now. And want to change my job and hopefully have time to get some certification online before that, so that will take about 4 months. What is the time that I have to find another job before my permanent residence is cancelled?

Thank you!

PR Cancellation

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: PR Cancellation

Post by FinlandGirl » Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:25 am

poter wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:33 pm
I have a permanent residence permit now. And want to change my job and hopefully have time to get some certification online before that, so that will take about 4 months. What is the time that I have to find another job before my permanent residence is cancelled?
Unemployment is not a valid reason for cancelling a permanent residence permit.

astrom

Re: PR Cancellation

Post by astrom » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:12 am

You do not have to worry about it. Having a permanent residence permit grants you the right to stay in Finland regardless of your employment situation. A permanent residence permit may be canceled for specific reasons such as moving away from Finland permanently or committing a crime, which also includes providing false information on your permit application.

If you would have a fixed-term permit and got unemployed, then the situation would be different. But that is not the case for what you said!