So my migri requested a different passport as a "Supplement request"

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
VaasaRider

Post by VaasaRider » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:46 pm

So after all the stress I went through from Uni admissions to meeting the RP requirements I was even awarded a Finland scholarship, I did everything right searched about every requirement so I can meet them, today migri sent me an email for an additional document request saying that.

"Due to current circumstances in Somalia, the Finnish state cannot accept Somalian passports as travel or identity documents."

I understand the reason for not accepting it as an identity proof but not accepting it at all does not make any sense specially since it was not mentioned on any place that they dont accept it! I have a lot of ways to proof my identity I was born and lived most of my life in Saudi Arabia but this is very depressing honestly I even got a housing offer and paid the security fee and was excited to start my uni there.

Did anyone experience something like this or knows someone with a similar situation?

https://imgur.com/gallery/gC6Q67w

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic