Intimate Relationship Residence Permit Advice

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
MadameLeFloof

Post by MadameLeFloof » Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:21 am

Hi all, I am a non-EU citizen and have a Finnish partner, and I’m planning to move to Finland by applying for a residence permit upon the basis of an intimate relationship.

I have a few questions, if anyone can clarify or have experience in the process I would be grateful.

1. I am planning on applying within Finland for my RP, and waiting for the decision there. As the application can take up to 12 months, my Schengen visa will expire during this time. Will this be a problem?
2. I am currently working remotely in a high tier position within Advertising. The company is not based in the EU. Wil this be possible to continue working there under ‘Right to work’? Would the salary count as a supplement to the Income Requirement?
3. Except for the IR form, is there any other required documentation for proof of the relationship, ie photo’s etc?

Anything else I should keep in mind/think about?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Intimate Relationship Residence Permit Advice

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:53 am

MadameLeFloof wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:21 am
Hi all, I am a non-EU citizen and have a Finnish partner, and I’m planning to move to Finland by applying for a residence permit upon the basis of an intimate relationship.

I have a few questions, if anyone can clarify or have experience in the process I would be grateful.

1. I am planning on applying within Finland for my RP, and waiting for the decision there. As the application can take up to 12 months, my Schengen visa will expire during this time. Will this be a problem?
Staying in Finland is not a problem.
It would be a problem if you want to travel outside Finland while waiting for the decision.
MadameLeFloof wrote:
2. I am currently working remotely in a high tier position within Advertising. The company is not based in the EU. Wil this be possible to continue working there under ‘Right to work’? Would the salary count as a supplement to the Income Requirement?
MadameLeFloof wrote:
Cross-border employment would be painful to setup even with the right to work.
An employer abroad has the obligation to report all salary payments to people residing in Finland in real-time to the Finnish Incomes Register, just like a Finnish employer.

MadameLeFloof

Post by MadameLeFloof » Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:41 pm

Thanks for clarifying, much appreciated!

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:49 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:53 am
MadameLeFloof wrote:
MadameLeFloof wrote:
Cross-border employment would be painful to setup even with the right to work.
An employer abroad has the obligation to report all salary payments to people residing in Finland in real-time to the Finnish Incomes Register, just like a Finnish employer.
For someone high up paying a service provider for the reporting is probably a non-issue. However, right to work during processing can be. For this reason I would look at being employed by the service provider and using fast track. The arrangement can be reverted to the original once a family permit has been issued.