Unjustified invoice from Luxio

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
mos

Post by mos » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:10 pm

Hello,

I am an owner of an apartment. The company Luxio sent their employees as part of the campaign to discuss the balcony window blinder. I wanted the service and signed an agreement under the condition that I will pay with a 12 months installment. But the confirmation from the bank didn't go through. We agreed that he will check with the bank the next day when the banks are open (It was evening when we tried to fill the application). I clearly told him that if the bank doesn't allow the loan, I can't afford it. He insisted to keep the contract and he will call me back after checking with the bank. If the issue with the bank is resolved, then we will keep the contract as it is. If not the contract will be void.

After a couple of days, he called and said the bank wouldn't approve the loan. As a compensation, he offered me an even more discount. After I discussed it with my girlfriend, I told him that we can't do it this time and I will contact him in the spring. He agreed. Luckily this last conversation is over text message. So this can be an evidence.

Fast forward, yesterday I received an invoice from Luxio. I contacted the employee again and he said it's a mistake and agreed to resolve the issue. And today he came back saying he can't do anything and I have to pay the invoice. I am really disappointed. I am usually suspicious and wouldn't send him with conditional contract. But i didn't expect this can happen from a Finnish company.

Will there be a case that I can win this case if I take it to court? Is there some link that I can read or contact to get professional advice?
Thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Unjustified invoice from Luxio

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:07 am

mos wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:10 pm
Hello,

I am an owner of an apartment. The company Luxio sent their employees as part of the campaign to discuss the balcony window blinder. I wanted the service and signed an agreement under the condition that I will pay with a 12 months installment. But the confirmation from the bank didn't go through. We agreed that he will check with the bank the next day when the banks are open (It was evening when we tried to fill the application). I clearly told him that if the bank doesn't allow the loan, I can't afford it. He insisted to keep the contract and he will call me back after checking with the bank. If the issue with the bank is resolved, then we will keep the contract as it is. If not the contract will be void.

After a couple of days, he called and said the bank wouldn't approve the loan. As a compensation, he offered me an even more discount. After I discussed it with my girlfriend, I told him that we can't do it this time and I will contact him in the spring. He agreed. Luckily this last conversation is over text message. So this can be an evidence.

Fast forward, yesterday I received an invoice from Luxio. I contacted the employee again and he said it's a mistake and agreed to resolve the issue. And today he came back saying he can't do anything and I have to pay the invoice. I am really disappointed. I am usually suspicious and wouldn't send him with conditional contract. But i didn't expect this can happen from a Finnish company.

Will there be a case that I can win this case if I take it to court? Is there some link that I can read or contact to get professional advice?
Thanks
If you have someone who speaks Finnish or Swedish, you can call consumer advisors.

https://www.kkv.fi/en/consumer-affairs/ ... -services/

Usually you wouldn’t take the issue to court. You would dispute the invoice and see if the seller is willing to take it to court (usually not worth it for a small sum of money).

mos

Re: Unjustified invoice from Luxio

Post by mos » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:40 am

Thanks