Residence Permit as a spouse of a Finnish citizen

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
FinlandGirl

Re: Residence Permit as a spouse of a Finnish citizen

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:54 pm

MarAlvarado25 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:50 pm
I came to Finland to get married to a Finnish citizen, and I'm getting ready to apply for my residence permit as a spouse. However, my 90-day period has expired (as a Mexican citizen, I am not required to have a visa to come to Finland). Can I apply even if my 90-day period has expired, or do I need to leave and wait for a 180-day period and come back to Finland and apply?
If your 90 day period has already expired, you are currently staying illegally in Finland.

Your priority should be to avoid a Schengen entry ban due to that, contact Migri (or the police) immediately and ask them for advice how to proceed.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:18 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:54 pm
MarAlvarado25 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:50 pm
I came to Finland to get married to a Finnish citizen, and I'm getting ready to apply for my residence permit as a spouse. However, my 90-day period has expired (as a Mexican citizen, I am not required to have a visa to come to Finland). Can I apply even if my 90-day period has expired, or do I need to leave and wait for a 180-day period and come back to Finland and apply?
If your 90 day period has already expired, you are currently staying illegally in Finland.

Your priority should be to avoid a Schengen entry ban due to that, contact Migri (or the police) immediately and ask them for advice how to proceed.
An immigration lawyer would be better.

MarAlvarado25

Post by MarAlvarado25 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:45 pm

Thank you, I will contact the lawyer soon.