"Decision is ready" - How long to get the answer?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Maatuska92

Post by Maatuska92 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:26 pm

My boyfriend applied for "residence permit for the spouse of a Finnish citizen". I'm not going to get into details of our case, but now after 9 months of waiting, Enter Finland is saying "decision is ready" but there is no decision to read. It also says "the decision has been made. If you cannot see the document concerning your decision, please wait patiently. You will be contacted". I read from this forum someone else had the same message, they waited for few months and after that police contacted them with a negative decision to their permit.

Is there anyone with some knowledge for this situation? If we dont have any documents from enter finland after the "decision is ready", does it automatically mean it's negative? Is there a possibility the police will contact and say yes? What should we expect now? I'm so nervous I will puke.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

browndude

Re: "Decision is ready" - How long to get the answer?

Post by browndude » Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:37 pm

I guess you are not married and have applied under the cohabitation rule. Proving the relationship is a bit more complicated in those cases. It is probable that it is a negative decision. Usually, these are pretty straightforward and positive decisions are visible in all the cases I have heard of.
ImageImage

Maatuska92

Post by Maatuska92 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:20 pm

browndude wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:37 pm
I guess you are not married and have applied under the cohabitation rule. Proving the relationship is a bit more complicated in those cases. It is probable that it is a negative decision. Usually, these are pretty straightforward and positive decisions are visible in all the cases I have heard of.
We are living in a same apartment and when we applied, we got his name in the renting contract and everything. He is paying his half of the rent, doing his remote work. Officially we have lived almost a year together now, before that we had been dating for over half a year, some of that time in his country. We got some help from the local multicultural center and the lady over there told us this would be a really solid case and we have nothing to worry about. Now i'm just getting nervous, because the decision is not in Enter Finland. :cry:

browndude

Post by browndude » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:45 am

Since he has applied as the spouse of a Finnish citizen, could it be that your relationship has not yet been long enough for him to qualify? e.g. here it says

"Puolisolla tarkoitetaan aviopuolisoa, samaa sukupuolta olevaa rekisteröityä kumppaniasi tai sellaista avopuolisoa, jonka kanssa olet asunut avioliitonomaisessa suhteessa vähintään kaksi vuotta yhdessä"

https://migri.fi/avopuoliso-suomen-kansalainen

i.e. you need to have lived together for 2 years?

I am obviously speculating here since I do not know many details of your case. Typically, the process is very straightforward for the married spouse of a Finnish citizen and next easiest for the cohabiting partner of a Finnish citizen.
ImageImage

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:59 am

Maatuska92 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:26 pm
My boyfriend applied for "residence permit for the spouse of a Finnish citizen".
Maatuska92 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:20 pm
browndude wrote:
We are living in a same apartment and when we applied, we got his name in the renting contract and everything. He is paying his half of the rent, doing his remote work. Officially we have lived almost a year together now, before that we had been dating for over half a year, some of that time in his country. We got some help from the local multicultural center and the lady over there told us this would be a really solid case and we have nothing to worry about.
What you describe sounds like a really solid case for a residence permit on Other Grounds on the basis of an established intimate relationship.

"spouse of a Finnish citizen" requires 2 years of cohabitation.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:58 am

Maatuska92 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:20 pm
browndude wrote:
We are living in a same apartment and when we applied, we got his name in the renting contract and everything. He is paying his half of the rent, doing his remote work. Officially we have lived almost a year together now, before that we had been dating for over half a year, some of that time in his country. We got some help from the local multicultural center and the lady over there told us this would be a really solid case and we have nothing to worry about. Now i'm just getting nervous, because the decision is not in Enter Finland. :cry:
Given that he has been working illegally (such a long period of remote work requires a residence permit) things don’t look particularly good for you.

Maatuska92

Post by Maatuska92 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:09 pm

[/quote]

Given that he has been working illegally (such a long period of remote work requires a residence permit) things don’t look particularly good for you.
[/quote]

He has been working to his home country.

Also yes, we havent been living together 2 years but the lady at the multicultural center said it's no problem, they are not too strict with this since we have a real relationship and we are really living together. Well, let's see what the answer is then.

But really what my question here is, how long does it take to get the decision, when the decision is ready? Is it normal to not have positive decision immediately on the Enter Finland website?

kaamosmasennus

Post by kaamosmasennus » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:59 pm

Maatuska92 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:09 pm
But really what my question here is, how long does it take to get the decision, when the decision is ready? Is it normal to not have positive decision immediately on the Enter Finland website?

Right away. In my finnish life I’ve got 14 migri decisions in overall (my own were 5, others for my family members) for the past 5 years and all of them were positive and visible right after the “Decision is ready” appeared in the enterfinland.fi

As for me, you situation sounds as a negative decision. Try to prepare for the appellation if possible, so you won’t come to the police officer with empty hands.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:02 pm

Maatuska92 wrote:
betelgeuse wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:58 am
One cannot circumvent the lack of a right to work by working for someone abroad.

A resident also has to report worldwide income/inheritances/gifts/... to Vero and might have to pay taxes on these, just like a Finn living in Finland.
In case of employment abroad, the employer has the duty to report salary payments to the Finnish Incomes Register.
Maatuska92 wrote:
Also yes, we havent been living together 2 years but the lady at the multicultural center said it's no problem, they are not too strict with this since we have a real relationship and we are really living together.
You should complain to whoever operates this multicultural center that they are giving bad advice.

Migri cannot issue a Residence Permit when the formal requirements written in the Aliens Act are not fulfilled.
Maatuska92 wrote:
Is it normal to not have positive decision immediately on the Enter Finland website?
Positive decisions are available immediately.

browndude

Post by browndude » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:02 am

Maatuska92 wrote:
[/quote]

Also yes, we havent been living together 2 years but the lady at the multicultural center said it's no problem, they are not too strict with this since we have a real relationship and we are really living together. Well, let's see what the answer is then.

[/quote]

Oh dear, if you applied under the spouse/cohabiting partner, then the rule is the rule, 2 years is 2 years. If that is the issue that leads to a rejection of your boyfriends residence permit, then you can apply again once the 2 year rule is satisfied, which would be in a few months.
ImageImage

robinyutah

Post by robinyutah » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:15 am

I had applied for the visa couple of months back but i haven't got the answer till now. And still looking for answer. There will be many who applied for it can guide us actually how long does it take to have the answer.

Mirabel

Post by Mirabel » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:31 am

@rabinyatu how long have I been waiting?is your application spouse visa?I have been waiting for 10 months now spouse visa still processing

nooechn

Post by nooechn » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:52 am

Mirabel wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:31 am
@rabinyatucoreball how long have I been waiting?is your application spouse visa?I have been waiting for 10 months now spouse visa still processing
This problem is more complicated than I thought. Have you received a decision yet?