Citizenship Application 2023

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
juhapekkonen

Re: Citizenship Application 2023

Post by juhapekkonen » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:02 pm

Br_fi wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:00 am
I visited Migri on 01.06.2023 and still no answer. My queue number is 45xx.
Meanwhile some people who applied in July are already getting decisions. :shock:

I'll just stop thinking about this topic for some time and move on with my life, the queue number means absolutely nothing and as much as we try, it's impossible to guess what really goes on at Migri and when our applications will be processed.

At least I have the Permanent Residence Permit to make me less anxious. :lol:
And now imagine the feelings of those who applied in 2022 when they read how for some reason lots of those who applied much later get decisions in only 5-6 months ahead of the ”queue”
Last edited by juhapekkonen on Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

karhu86

Post by karhu86 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:08 pm

why are all the 2022 people waiting January 2024, did you hear any news?
Last edited by karhu86 on Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Auringon_kukka

Post by Auringon_kukka » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:22 pm

karhu86 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:08 pm
why are all the 2022 people are waiting January 2024, did you hear any news?
No news, and migri will never tell. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

broccoli

Post by broccoli » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:00 pm

karhu86 wrote:
why are all the 2022 people waiting January 2024, did you hear any news?
because it will be that "16-20 months" window for them then

karhu86

Post by karhu86 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:06 pm

Auringon_kukka wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:22 pm
karhu86 wrote:
why are all the 2022 people are waiting January 2024, did you hear any news?
No news, and migri will never tell. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i thought you heard something 😂

Guess.who

Post by Guess.who » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:55 pm

Oufie wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:50 pm
Got a positive decision today 😊

Applied on 6 July, 2023.
Moved to stage 2 on 28 Nov, 2023.
Decision received on 29 Nov, 2023.

Best of luck to all who are waiting.
Congratulations!!!
May I know your service point visit location?

Esa23

Post by Esa23 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:47 pm

Hey!
I would like to ask you, I have been living in Finland with my Finnish spouce for 3 years and 4 months and I have yki testi. Is it possible for me to apply for Finnish citizenship before completing 4 years of residency, for example 5 months or 4 ?
Note that I have lived in Finland all this time, which means I have never traveled outside Finland. Do migri accept my application or reject it for not completing the residency requirements?
Has anyone here done this and got a citizenship, despite not completing the required years of residency?
Thank you all for the answers in advance

mipilvi

Post by mipilvi » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:57 pm

What criterias for an application to be moved from stage 1 to stage 2?

Is stage 2 almost a "pre-approval" stage?
Last edited by mipilvi on Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Guess.who

Post by Guess.who » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:51 pm

Esa23 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:47 pm
Hey!
I would like to ask you, I have been living in Finland with my Finnish spouce for 3 years and 4 months and I have yki testi. Is it possible for me to apply for Finnish citizenship before completing 4 years of residency, for example 5 months or 4 ?
Note that I have lived in Finland all this time, which means I have never traveled outside Finland. Do migri accept my application or reject it for not completing the residency requirements?
Has anyone here done this and got a citizenship, despite not completing the required years of residency?
In my opinion, you are unnecessarily complicating your application by applying before completing the actual 4 years of the residency period.

While they may not reject the application, you will be immediately placed on hold or in a longer waiting queue, potentially leading to a 16-20 month wait.

If you complete the required residency period before applying, there might be a higher chance of receiving a decision within 6-8 months.

I hope this helps! There were a few posts in this forum similar to your case, and those individuals currently express regret for applying before the appropriate time.

Cheers!

Guess.who

Post by Guess.who » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:55 pm

mipilvi wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:57 pm
What criterias for an application to be moved from stage 1 to stage 2?

Is stage 2 almost a "pre-approval" stage?
Yes, Kind of checking your identity and requirements.

Are you on stage 2 now ?

Esa23

Post by Esa23 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:14 pm

Guess.who wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:51 pm
Esa23 wrote:
Hey!
In my opinion, you are unnecessarily complicating your application by applying before completing the actual 4 years of the residency period.

While they may not reject the application, you will be immediately placed on hold or in a longer waiting queue, potentially leading to a 16-20 month wait.

If you complete the required residency period before applying, there might be a higher chance of receiving a decision within 6-8 months.

I hope this helps! There were a few posts in this forum similar to your case, and those individuals currently express regret for applying before the appropriate time.

Cheers!
Thank you very much for this comment. But if I submitted an application 3 months before completing 4 years of residence and booked an appointment for identification with Migri in the last month before completing 4 years, does this pose a problem? I'm only thinking about all of this if the new citizenship law comes into effect next year befor i complet the 4 years residency requirement

another_one

Post by another_one » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:31 pm

Esa23 wrote:
Hey!
Hi,
I have similar case. I applied for citizenship ~3 months before my 4 year residence in Finland.
They accepted my application without any problems, but said that it is my own risk to apply before 4 years mark.

Currently I am waiting for ~11 months.
I am not 100% sure that my long waiting is related to me applying too early. I suppose that if I would have applied after 4 years I would probably still have to wait for quite a while.

I think that the only reason to apply before 4-year mark is because of the new upcoming laws.
Even though we don't know whether these new laws will be accepted by the government and how these laws will be applied to already sent applications.

Auringon_kukka

Post by Auringon_kukka » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:52 pm

Esa23 wrote:
Hey!
There are already some answers to your question... In my case, I applied in August 2022, roughly two months before completing the four-year residency period. The officer at migri did not make any comments in that regard. I am still in stage one, so 15 months in so far. Whether that has affected the processing time is anyone's guess. Those of us on the outside can only surmise as to why some people are seeing their applications processed quickly and why some are waiting. I know of people in this forum who applied after living in Finland for a lengthy period (5, 10 years), and they waited for quite a long time. Maybe migri is favouring certain locations over others, who knows?

Anyhow, I really don't care at this point. I know that my application will be processed eventually. So, no regrets here. I still have a valid residence permit (and a passport from my home country), so it's all good!

Auringon_kukka

Post by Auringon_kukka » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:56 pm

juhapekkonen wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:02 pm
Br_fi wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:00 am
I visited Migri on 01.06.2023 and still no answer. My queue number is 45xx.
Meanwhile some people who applied in July are already getting decisions. :shock:

I'll just stop thinking about this topic for some time and move on with my life, the queue number means absolutely nothing and as much as we try, it's impossible to guess what really goes on at Migri and when our applications will be processed.

At least I have the Permanent Residence Permit to make me less anxious. :lol:
And now imagine the feelings of those who applied in 2022 when they read how for some reason lots of those who applied much later get decisions in only 5-6 months ahead of the ”queue”
Indeed, and I am one of those (applied in August 2022 and still waiting). It's anyone's guess why applications are not being processed in the order they were submitted. Only migri knows for sure!

karhu86

Post by karhu86 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:39 pm

Auringon_kukka wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:52 pm
Esa23 wrote:
Hey!
There are already some answers to your question... In my case, I applied in August 2022, roughly two months before completing the four-year residency period. The officer at migri did not make any comments in that regard. I am still in stage one, so 15 months in so far. Whether that has affected the processing time is anyone's guess. Those of us on the outside can only surmise as to why some people are seeing their applications processed quickly and why some are waiting. I know of people in this forum who applied after living in Finland for a lengthy period (5, 10 years), and they waited for quite a long time. Maybe migri is favouring certain locations over others, who knows?

Anyhow, I really don't care at this point. I know that my application will be processed eventually. So, no regrets here. I still have a valid residence permit (and a passport from my home country), so it's all good!
i totally agree on what Auringon said. I have been living in Finland for 10 years. I came here for my phd, which is considered a job in Finland, graduated and have been a university lecturer ever since. I have a permanent residency since 2019 and passed all yki sections, if that effects in any way, paid all my taxes and never took a penny from kela. i thought my application will be straight forward, but still after 13 months no answer. what is funny i know people who have never worked a day in finland got there citizenship processed super fast. seriously i have no idea how migri works, but if it is only a 3 month wait to fulfill the requirements, then maybe it is better to wait