Citizenship Application 2023

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Guess.who

Re: Citizenship Application 2023

Post by Guess.who » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:57 pm

There are a couple of other factors Migri consider while processing the citizenship application: your current citizenship country and the verification of your identity data.

I have a feeling that Migri can quickly verify data for some countries, resulting in faster decisions for individuals from those countries compared to others. You may check the time period from friends or acquaintances (of the same nationality as yours) who have received Finnish citizenship and follow the same timeline for yourself.

Note: This is just an estimated idea, and there are plenty of other factors that Migri considers while processing citizenship applications.

The link below provides good ideas and information about the process, which you may refer to.

https://acrobat.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid: ... 70f1c301e9

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Guess.who

Post by Guess.who » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:13 am

Esa23 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:14 pm
Guess.who wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:51 pm
Esa23 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:47 pm
Hey!
I would like to ask you, I have been living in Finland with my Finnish spouce for 3 years and 4 months and I have yki testi. Is it possible for me to apply for Finnish citizenship before completing 4 years of residency, for example 5 months or 4 ?
Note that I have lived in Finland all this time, which means I have never traveled outside Finland. Do migri accept my application or reject it for not completing the residency requirements?
Has anyone here done this and got a citizenship, despite not completing the required years of residency?
Thank you all for the answers in advance
In my opinion, you are unnecessarily complicating your application by applying before completing the actual 4 years of the residency period.

While they may not reject the application, you will be immediately placed on hold or in a longer waiting queue, potentially leading to a 16-20 month wait.

If you complete the required residency period before applying, there might be a higher chance of receiving a decision within 6-8 months.

I hope this helps! There were a few posts in this forum similar to your case, and those individuals currently express regret for applying before the appropriate time.

Cheers!
Thank you very much for this comment. But if I submitted an application 3 months before completing 4 years of residence and booked an appointment for identification with Migri in the last month before completing 4 years, does this pose a problem? I'm only thinking about all of this if the new citizenship law comes into effect next year befor i complet the 4 years residency requirement
I'm not an expert here, but I can provide you with a logical point.

While filing the online citizenship application form, there is a section for residency requirements that you need to complete.

"I moved to live in Finland": Date?
"I have lived in Finland in total (years)": ?
Deviation from the residence time requirement: Yes, the residence time requirement is fulfilled in my case, or No.

According to Migri, you need at least 4 years of total residency in case of strong ties with Finland or 5 years in a normal case.

If your answer is below 4 years or "No" to any of the citizenship questions above, do you think they will process your application without further details, or might they not consider it urgent, handling it later as you applied early without completing the residency requirement?

browndude

Post by browndude » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:47 am

Guess.who wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:13 am
Esa23 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:14 pm
Guess.who wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:51 pm

In my opinion, you are unnecessarily complicating your application by applying before completing the actual 4 years of the residency period.

While they may not reject the application, you will be immediately placed on hold or in a longer waiting queue, potentially leading to a 16-20 month wait.

If you complete the required residency period before applying, there might be a higher chance of receiving a decision within 6-8 months.

I hope this helps! There were a few posts in this forum similar to your case, and those individuals currently express regret for applying before the appropriate time.

Cheers!
Thank you very much for this comment. But if I submitted an application 3 months before completing 4 years of residence and booked an appointment for identification with Migri in the last month before completing 4 years, does this pose a problem? I'm only thinking about all of this if the new citizenship law comes into effect next year befor i complet the 4 years residency requirement
I'm not an expert here, but I can provide you with a logical point.

While filing the online citizenship application form, there is a section for residency requirements that you need to complete.

"I moved to live in Finland": Date?
"I have lived in Finland in total (years)": ?
Deviation from the residence time requirement: Yes, the residence time requirement is fulfilled in my case, or No.

According to Migri, you need at least 4 years of total residency in case of strong ties with Finland or 5 years in a normal case.

If your answer is below 4 years or "No" to any of the citizenship questions above, do you think they will process your application without further details, or might they not consider it urgent, handling it later as you applied early without completing the residency requirement?
If at the time that they start processing your application, you do not fulfil the residency requirement, then you application will be rejected-not complicated. I don't really know what their process is for for how they put which application into which queue. I personally do not think that it makes too much sense to apply before you have fulfiled your residency requirement.
ImageImage

mipilvi

Post by mipilvi » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:51 pm

Anybody got in stage 2 from last week but haven't heard anything?

mamutti

Post by mamutti » Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:59 pm

mipilvi wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:51 pm
Anybody got in stage 2 from last week but haven't heard anything?
Hi 😇 When have you applied?

mipilvi

Post by mipilvi » Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:52 pm

Beginning of July 😇

karhu86

Post by karhu86 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:09 pm

my queue number has been stuck for almost a week now, anyone facing same issues 🤔

Karima

Post by Karima » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:20 pm

karhu86 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:09 pm
my queue number has been stuck for almost a week now, anyone facing same issues 🤔
It's the same for me

Guess.who

Post by Guess.who » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:38 pm

karhu86 wrote:
May I know your queue number? I can say it's not moving very fast since the start of December. I don't want to get your hopes up, but you might receive a decision soon if it falls within the range of 4500-4800.

another_one

Post by another_one » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:59 am

karhu86 wrote:
Same for me. This week my application moved for only 4 positions.
Looks like Migri is processing applications in the 4-5k interval and those which passed this interval are moving really slowly.

karhu86

Post by karhu86 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:56 pm

Guess.who wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:38 pm
karhu86 wrote:
May I know your queue number? I can say it's not moving very fast since the start of December. I don't want to get your hopes up, but you might receive a decision soon if it falls within the range of 4500-4800.
my queue number is 3000. i have been out of that range long time ago. it is really annoying if they are processing the new applications and leaving the older ones queue longer. maybe we should cancel our application and apply a new one 🤔

Scotabroad

Post by Scotabroad » Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:35 pm

karhu86 wrote:
Same…really frustrating.

ihalainen

Post by ihalainen » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:11 am

My exactly 19 months of "odottamassa rauhassa" :lol: Still stage 1.

sillygoose

Post by sillygoose » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:40 am

I submitted my application earlier this week but I haven’t gotten a diary number yet. Is this normal? It also says that I don’t need to visit a service point because they all have the documents they need.

Update: Got the diary number six days after.
Last edited by sillygoose on Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guess.who

Post by Guess.who » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:56 pm

ihalainen wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:11 am
My exactly 19 months of "odottamassa rauhassa" :lol: Still stage 1.
Is there any specific reason for this long processing wait?

Did you apply before completing the 4-year residency permit requirement?