Employment based or Family ties RP ?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
occelaris

Post by occelaris » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:56 am

Does anyone know which application has better chances and shorter processing period from the ones mentioned above ?
My goal is to start a life with my girlfriend as soon as possible since I live in Macedonia and She's in Kokkola and the gaps of time between our visits are becoming more and more intolerable. Not to mention the economical burden on both sides .I have an offer to work as a swimming pool lifeguard there, so could go for the first option . We also want to get married as well but since weddings in Hawaii don't come cheap that would have to wait for the next year:).I really want to give my girl a great wedding but she keeps insisting that we do the paper work now since it will be much easier for me to get RP ( according to her ) How true is this ?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rip

Re: Employment based or Family ties RP ?

Post by Rip » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:01 am

What is your nationality, Macedonian, American or something else?
If one of the two, it would seem questionable me that a life guard is such kind of a job, that nobody could be found locally for it (in which case local employment office, when asked their opinion regarding an employment based permit, would say "no").

Assuming you two have a reasonable history together (You mention 'visits', so I assume you do), so that a marriage based application would not look like a sham, and your girl is Finnish citizen, then a marriage permit based application should almost certainly be approved. If she is of some other nationality, then it would probably still be approved, assuming you can match the income criteria (Your job offer, I guess, could help there although I am not 100% sure about that)

occelaris

Post by occelaris » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:37 am

Thank you for your early morning response Rip :). I'm Macedonian and GF is Finnish. Position for a lifeguard and a swimming coach hasn't been filled almost a year now. They prefer I work as a coach but would offer me the other position as well since my Finnish is still at caveman level so I could slowly get to a point where I communicate more fluently without asking sanotko uudelleen 5 times for every sentence I am spoken to :). We are together for a year now and use every chance we can get to see each other.Which is not much since for the whole year it only counts for 5 visits in average of 2 weeks each. Our original plans were for me to visit her around the end of September and make the most of my visa waver for 3 months hoping in that time I would get the RP and continue my stay. Good thing I found this forum and learned things don't go as fast as I thought they might.Otherwise I would have lost my secure income here and live off my parents and bank loans for god knows how long while waiting for my permit in Kokkola.

rinso

Post by rinso » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:22 pm

I would go for the family tie RP (after you're married).
A work RP means that the employer must jump through a lot of red tape hoops and he might back out.

Rip

Post by Rip » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:09 pm

I think she is definitely right.

As you seem to be ready for the big leap, get married ASAP, submit the application and move here when you have the permit. The other to me reasonable alternative is after getting married submitting the application in Kokkola (hoping the waiting time isn't either long and/or they take it favourably into account if you ask a speedy decision so you could start working (enclosing a paper with the job offer)).

Celebration or trips can wait.

occelaris

Post by occelaris » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:34 pm

I just run into some info that makes things a bit clearer ... or not ! .. . It seams that citizens with biometric passports that have the right to reside in the country for 3 months without a visa, can work as professional athletes,consultants or COACHES without any permits for the duration of the 3 months they are allowed to stay there. This may be why the swimming pool manager was more interested in me working as a coach.Is it possible that I may even be allowed to work while waiting for my family ties based RP? At least for the first 3 months that is. I guess I'd have to wait for her to come back from her holiday and shed some light on the subject . This just sounds too good to be true .

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:52 pm

occelaris wrote:I just run into some info that makes things a bit clearer ... or not ! .. . It seams that citizens with biometric passports that have the right to reside in the country for 3 months without a visa, can work as professional athletes,consultants or COACHES without any permits for the duration of the 3 months they are allowed to stay there. This may be why the swimming pool manager was more interested in me working as a coach.Is it possible that I may even be allowed to work while waiting for my family ties based RP? At least for the first 3 months that is. I guess I'd have to wait for her to come back from her holiday and shed some light on the subject . This just sounds too good to be true .
Section 81 (549/2010)
Employment without residence permits
Aliens have the right to gainful
employment without a residence permit if
they:
1) arrive in the country on the basis of an
invitation or agreement to work as
interpreters, teachers, experts or umpires for
a maximum of three months;
2) arrive in the country on the basis of an
invitation or agreement to work as
professional artists or athletes, including
assisting, technical or training staff, for a
maximum of three months;
http://www.finlex.fi/en/laki/kaannokset/2004/en20040301
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Rip

Post by Rip » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:12 pm

At least my reading is that [1] professional athletes are allowed to do their work (=professional sports) for a limited time time without a residence permit and they can bring their supporting personnel with them as well, not that [2]anybody can just come here to work as a coach for natives.

occelaris

Post by occelaris » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:29 pm

Things are clearer on this page http://www.migri.fi/working_in_finland/ ... nce_permit. Besides, I am still required to apply for a residence permit . only not the employment based one. That may cancel out my family ties RP. Yep... I'll just have to settle for eating my cake only :)

AldenG

Post by AldenG » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:11 am

Get married and do the family ties.

You can still have a delayed honeymoon in Hawaii. You'd enjoy that more than the Hawaii wedding, anyway, since big weddings tend to be stressful. You can get all the big changes (marriage, move, etc.) settled and behind you and look forward to the great vacation the next year.
As he persisted, I was obliged to tootle him gently at first and then, seeing no improvement, to trumpet him vigorously with my horn.

sophia77

Post by sophia77 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:13 am

Hi all,PM kisan status

Came across some info that adds a bit of clarity—or maybe not! It seems citizens with biometric passports, allowed a 3-month visa-free stay, can work as athletes, consultants, or coaches without permits during that time. Could this mean I'm permitted to work while awaiting a family ties-based RP? Waiting for clarification seems necessary, but it sounds almost too good to be true.

john_wik

Post by john_wik » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:04 pm

Hi,

Is anybody knows any good lawyer who know Migri very well and can help to proceed with my work permit application. I've completed master's degree from Finland and I've job contract from Finnish employer but I had two year entry ban from Finland which is completed. Now I want to proceed my application through lawyer. If anybody can refer then please let me know.

Thank you in advance.