Relation between Unemployment benefit and visa renewal

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
koushik704

Post by koushik704 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:26 pm

I am a spouse of an international student in finland. For the first residence permit, my spouse (student, main applicant) sponsored me and my 2 kids by showing funds needed for 1 year. We are here for 4 months and I am not able to find a job still. I went to TE office and I have now an integration plan with them. My language course is not started yet but TE office asked me to apply for unemployment benefit. I have to renew my visa in august.

My question is if I apply for unemployment benefit now will it be an issue for my visa renewal?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Relation between Unemployment benefit and visa renewal

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:11 am

koushik704 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:26 pm
I am a spouse of an international student in finland. For the first residence permit, my spouse (student, main applicant) sponsored me and my 2 kids by showing funds needed for 1 year. We are here for 4 months and I am not able to find a job still. I went to TE office and I have now an integration plan with them. My language course is not started yet but TE office asked me to apply for unemployment benefit. I have to renew my visa in august.

My question is if I apply for unemployment benefit now will it be an issue for my visa renewal?
So are you planning to renew a visa or residence permit?

koushik704

Re: Relation between Unemployment benefit and visa renewal

Post by koushik704 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:27 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:11 am
koushik704 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:26 pm

So are you planning to renew a visa or residence permit?
Residence permit