Citizenship application processing time: Does service point matter?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Maaria

Post by Maaria » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:27 am

Hei all. I hope you are doing well. I have seen this talked about in the "Applying for citizenship" thread here and there. I wanted to see what are people's experiences. Do some of you believe service point, I mean which city's migri service point you submit your application at, affects the processing time? Why or why not? Please share your opinions and experiences. Thank you so much!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

browndude

Re: Citizenship application processing time: Does service point matter?

Post by browndude » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:08 pm

It will most likely not matter unless you submit a paper application-which I do not recommend since it would be slower and more expensive. The only time the location of the migiri service point might matter is if you have to get an appointment to physically go there in which case the ones in the bigger cities might be more crowded.
ImageImage

riku2

Post by riku2 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:48 pm

When you are searching for free appointments you should book the first available slot but then keep checking at regular (perhaps obsessive) intervals because cancellations will appear (the cancellations appear the moment somebody cancels even if they cancel late at night).
I was looking for a free slot at the end of DEC and the first slot was 20th January. But the evening after booking I kept checking and at 10pm a slot became available the next day. I cancelled the 20 Jan booking and went the next day.

TUserFin

Post by TUserFin » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:58 pm

Maaria wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:27 am
Hei all. I hope you are doing well. I have seen this talked about in the "Applying for citizenship" thread here and there. I wanted to see what are people's experiences. Do some of you believe service point, I mean which city's migri service point you submit your application at, affects the processing time? Why or why not? Please share your opinions and experiences. Thank you so much!
This is part of modern conspiracy theory. Some people believe in it. On purpose, this should not be done that it matters. But who knows how applications are devided between service officers.