Swedish resident permit holder moving to Finland as a Spouse

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
elama88

Post by elama88 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:05 am

Hi, I am a Finnish permanent resident and my wife is Swedish permanent resident. My wife is now moving to Finland and I would like to know what kind of resident permit application she needs to do as she is having Swedish Personal Number (SSN).

Please explain it a bit.

Kind regards.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Swedish resident permit holder moving to Finland as a Spouse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:42 pm

elama88 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:05 am
Hi, I am a Finnish permanent resident and my wife is Swedish permanent resident. My wife is now moving to Finland and I would like to know what kind of resident permit application she needs to do as she is having Swedish Personal Number (SSN).

Please explain it a bit.

Kind regards.
https://migri.fi/en/home

Swedish permanent residency is not relevant. Assuming she’s a third country national, the residence permit process is the same as for moving from outside the EU.

browndude

Post by browndude » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:38 am

Her citizenship is the deciding factor. Neither Swedish RP nor ID are relevant in this case. If she is non-EU, EEA etc.. then she must apply in the normal way for the first residence permit.
ImageImage

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:21 pm

elama88 wrote:
Is she eligible to apply for Swedish citizenship?

Swedish citizenship would give her the right to live in Finland, and processing time for Swedish citizenship is faster than processing time for Finnish family ties residence permits.

browndude

Post by browndude » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:10 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:21 pm
elama88 wrote:

Swedish citizenship would give her the right to live in Finland, and processing time for Swedish citizenship is faster than processing time for Finnish family ties residence permits.
Yep, apparently if I understood correctly, it is still ridiculously easy to qualify for Swedish citizenship.
ImageImage

Rankin

Post by Rankin » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:52 pm

Is her PR under Swedish or EU law.
If it's EU then it's relatively easy to move.

elama88

Post by elama88 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:45 am

Rankin wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:52 pm
Is her PR under Swedish or EU law.
If it's EU then it's relatively easy to move.
Many thanks, My wife got RP already in 7 days.

Thanks

elama88

Post by elama88 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:46 am

browndude wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:10 pm
FinlandGirl wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:21 pm
elama88 wrote:

Yep, apparently if I understood correctly, it is still ridiculously easy to qualify for Swedish citizenship.

She wont apply for Swedish citizenship as law has been changed and income ceiling raised. thanks

elama88

Post by elama88 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:46 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:42 pm
elama88 wrote:

Please explain it a bit.

Kind regards.
https://migri.fi/en/home

Swedish permanent residency is not relevant. Assuming she’s a third country national, the residence permit process is the same as for moving from outside the EU.
Yes, that was the case. She got the RP. Thanks