Applying for Citizenship 2024

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Post Reply
riku2
Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:13 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by riku2 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:52 am

std123 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:03 pm
Has anyone here applied first, and then had their spouse apply for the citizenship application? I want to know what the chances are of receiving the decision together in this case. Has anyone experienced this situation?
Yes, somebody wrote about exactly this situation earlier in this thread. Work your way back through the 41 pages and you will find it. A quarter through the year and we're up to 41 pages already!!

As I recall they processed the cases together and the second person who applied (months later) was given citizenship much earlier than a standalone application.



Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

Xwish
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by Xwish » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:33 pm

Hi,

Where can I see my queue number? Or does it only appear after some time? I only applied in 3.2024

So far I only see my diary number and customer number.

Sorry to ask this question if it has already been answered, I could not find the response in the old posts.

Thank you!
Last edited by Xwish on Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uskomaton
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:39 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by Uskomaton » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:32 pm

Xwish wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:33 pm
Hi,

Where can I see my queue number? Or does it only appear after some time? I only applied in 3.2024

So far I only see my diary number and customer number.

Sorry to ask this question if it has already been answered, I could not find the response in the old posts.

Thank you!

Best,
Sahar
You can check your queue number on migri.fi by using the Kamu chat bot appears on the bottom right corner. All you need is to put your diary number to the chat bot after choosing your place in the queue. Diary number looks like XXXX/310/202X

ehab101
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:29 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by ehab101 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:44 pm

Hi, does anyone have any rough idea, what kind of applications are the ones that get processed in 6 month-ish, and what kind of application gets processed with the much longer 24 month waiting time? Is it based on nationality, income-related or something else?

Thanks in advance for any insight. :)

Uskomaton
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:39 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by Uskomaton » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:41 pm

ehab101 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:44 pm
Hi, does anyone have any rough idea, what kind of applications are the ones that get processed in 6 month-ish, and what kind of application gets processed with the much longer 24 month waiting time? Is it based on nationality, income-related or something else?

Thanks in advance for any insight. :)
Based on the comments from appliers, longer for refugees, international protection people and shorter for people who came here with a passport and permit and have no criminal record or unpaid taxes etc

TUserFin
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:59 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by TUserFin » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:18 pm

Uskomaton wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:41 pm
ehab101 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:44 pm
Hi, does anyone have any rough idea, what kind of applications are the ones that get processed in 6 month-ish, and what kind of application gets processed with the much longer 24 month waiting time? Is it based on nationality, income-related or something else?

Thanks in advance for any insight. :)
Based on the comments from appliers, longer for refugees, international protection people and shorter for people who came here with a passport and permit and have no criminal record or unpaid taxes etc
For people you mentioned is 30 months.
For people who work and came with permit is 7 or 23 months. It is completely random and no logic. I came from Europe, live 8 years here, have stable job and very high income with all taxes paid, my family has finnish citezenship already.... and Im waiting 9 moths already on stage I

mamutti
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:22 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by mamutti » Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:16 am

Hi guys

In the 2023 thread I have shared with you that I have sent a complaint to the Oikeuskansleri about the processing times (back then I was 15 months waiting). So today I have got the decision from them that says that Migri has assigned my application to the “demanding” queue based on the fact that my trips abroad and their impact on the time lived should be considered better. However, Oikeuskansleri has decided, that

“In the context of legal supervision practices, it is generally considered that an authority cannot validly invoke a congested work situation or insufficient resources as a reason for delays in handling matters. Instead, it must strive to ensure that it has the resources and effective work methods allocated for the proper management of tasks in any given situation. The authority should influence its own operations through efficient work management, organization of labor, development of operational methods, and other available means to improve workflow, so that the law can be followed and matters can be processed without undue delay.
The appropriateness of processing times is assessed on a case-by-case basis, depending on the nature of the matter and the individual circumstances associated with it. Attention is paid to factors such as the complexity, difficulty, and number of actions required for processing the matter, as well as whether there have been stages during which the matter has not progressed.
Based on the available information, the processing of the complainant’s citizenship application has been delayed. The delay is partly due to the procedure of the Immigration Service. The one-year processing time target set by the Immigration Service has been clearly exceeded in this case. Although the Citizenship Act does not define a maximum processing time for citizenship applications, it must be taken into account that citizenship has a significant legal impact on an individual. For example, many participation rights and certain other rights are directly linked to citizenship. When it is a matter of a legally very significant decision from the individual’s perspective, the authority must also pay special attention to the expeditious processing of the matter.”

And the actions are as follows:

“I draw the Immigration Service’s attention to the compliance with the provision concerning the expeditious processing of matters.
I request the Immigration Service to inform me with specific details by no later than September 20, 2024, on how the processing times for citizenship applications have developed in recent years, whether the processing times have been shortened by the actions mentioned by the Immigration Service, and what additional measures may have been planned to further reduce the processing times.”

broccoli
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:22 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by broccoli » Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:27 am

mamutti wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:16 am
“I draw the Immigration Service’s attention to the compliance with the provision concerning the expeditious processing of matters.
I request the Immigration Service to inform me with specific details by no later than September 20, 2024, on how the processing times for citizenship applications have developed in recent years, whether the processing times have been shortened by the actions mentioned by the Immigration Service, and what additional measures may have been planned to further reduce the processing times.”
Cool, Migri will answer in their usual manner :D

How will it affect your own case? Did they send something to Migri from your name?

TUserFin
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:59 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by TUserFin » Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:37 am

mamutti wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:16 am
Hi guys

In the 2023 thread I have shared with you that I have sent a complaint to the Oikeuskansleri about the processing times (back then I was 15 months waiting). So today I have got the decision from them that says that Migri has assigned my application to the “demanding” queue based on the fact that my trips abroad and their impact on the time lived should be considered better. However, Oikeuskansleri has decided, that
What the heck is the demanding queue, and how fast they promise to process your application? And what about your trips abroad? Did you travel for a very long time? Does it mean that whoever travels a lot gets into this demanding queue?

just_passing_by
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:44 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by just_passing_by » Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:43 am

mamutti wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:16 am
Thanks for sharing this with us.
Could you tell a little bit about the process of sending a complaint to Oikeuskansleri?
Like was that only one message from your side or you had to provide some evidence and additional documents?
How long did it take for Oikeuskansleri to reply to you?

mamutti wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:16 am
I request the Immigration Service to inform me with specific details by no later than September 20, 2024
So by September 20 you will be waiting ~26-27 months? :)
Please do share with us how your application processing will go.
Very interesting case. Perhaps all of us could benefit from such information.

mamutti
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:22 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by mamutti » Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:49 am

broccoli wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:27 am
mamutti wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:16 am
“I draw the Immigration Service’s attention to the compliance with the provision concerning the expeditious processing of matters.
I request the Immigration Service to inform me with specific details by no later than September 20, 2024, on how the processing times for citizenship applications have developed in recent years, whether the processing times have been shortened by the actions mentioned by the Immigration Service, and what additional measures may have been planned to further reduce the processing times.”
Cool, Migri will answer in their usual manner :D

How will it affect your own case? Did they send something to Migri from your name?
They were investigating my case and asked things from Migri about my particular case

mamutti
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:22 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by mamutti » Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:50 am

TUserFin wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:37 am
mamutti wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:16 am
Hi guys

In the 2023 thread I have shared with you that I have sent a complaint to the Oikeuskansleri about the processing times (back then I was 15 months waiting). So today I have got the decision from them that says that Migri has assigned my application to the “demanding” queue based on the fact that my trips abroad and their impact on the time lived should be considered better. However, Oikeuskansleri has decided, that
What the heck is the demanding queue, and how fast they promise to process your application? And what about your trips abroad? Did you travel for a very long time? Does it mean that whoever travels a lot gets into this demanding queue?
Well, quite a lot, when I was a student… But I mean, that’s strange

mamutti
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:22 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by mamutti » Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:51 am

just_passing_by wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:43 am
mamutti wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:16 am
Thanks for sharing this with us.
Could you tell a little bit about the process of sending a complaint to Oikeuskansleri?
Like was that only one message from your side or you had to provide some evidence and additional documents?
How long did it take for Oikeuskansleri to reply to you?

mamutti wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:16 am
I request the Immigration Service to inform me with specific details by no later than September 20, 2024
So by September 20 you will be waiting ~26-27 months? :)
Please do share with us how your application processing will go.
Very interesting case. Perhaps all of us could benefit from such information.
So, you just go to their website and tell them what matters you and then I have sent the certificate of a pending online case that Migri has given me. That’s it.

mamutti
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:22 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by mamutti » Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:54 am

mamutti wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:16 am
Hi guys

In the 2023 thread I have shared with you that I have sent a complaint to the Oikeuskansleri about the processing times (back then I was 15 months waiting). So today I have got the decision from them that says that Migri has assigned my application to the “demanding” queue based on the fact that my trips abroad and their impact on the time lived should be considered better. However, Oikeuskansleri has decided, that

“In the context of legal supervision practices, it is generally considered that an authority cannot validly invoke a congested work situation or insufficient resources as a reason for delays in handling matters. Instead, it must strive to ensure that it has the resources and effective work methods allocated for the proper management of tasks in any given situation. The authority should influence its own operations through efficient work management, organization of labor, development of operational methods, and other available means to improve workflow, so that the law can be followed and matters can be processed without undue delay.
The appropriateness of processing times is assessed on a case-by-case basis, depending on the nature of the matter and the individual circumstances associated with it. Attention is paid to factors such as the complexity, difficulty, and number of actions required for processing the matter, as well as whether there have been stages during which the matter has not progressed.
Based on the available information, the processing of the complainant’s citizenship application has been delayed. The delay is partly due to the procedure of the Immigration Service. The one-year processing time target set by the Immigration Service has been clearly exceeded in this case. Although the Citizenship Act does not define a maximum processing time for citizenship applications, it must be taken into account that citizenship has a significant legal impact on an individual. For example, many participation rights and certain other rights are directly linked to citizenship. When it is a matter of a legally very significant decision from the individual’s perspective, the authority must also pay special attention to the expeditious processing of the matter.”

And the actions are as follows:

“I draw the Immigration Service’s attention to the compliance with the provision concerning the expeditious processing of matters.
I request the Immigration Service to inform me with specific details by no later than September 20, 2024, on how the processing times for citizenship applications have developed in recent years, whether the processing times have been shortened by the actions mentioned by the Immigration Service, and what additional measures may have been planned to further reduce the processing times.”
This was the Migri’s explanation in the document

“Maahanmuuttovirasto (the Finnish Immigration Service) has provided information about how they internally categorize citizenship applications into so-called baskets based on the complexity of the investigation and discretion required for each application. The criteria for categorization include factors such as the level of investigation work and discretion expected for each application. In the case of the complainant, certain aspects related to the complainant’s period of residence required more extensive investigation. Specifically, details about the complainant’s travel history and its potential impact on the period of residence needed to be examined more thoroughly. As a result, the complainant’s application was categorized under the basket of applications requiring more extensive investigation. The processing of citizenship applications has been congested, especially in relation to this specific basket”

TUserFin
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:59 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by TUserFin » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:18 pm

mamutti wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:50 am
TUserFin wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:37 am
mamutti wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:16 am
Hi guys

In the 2023 thread I have shared with you that I have sent a complaint to the Oikeuskansleri about the processing times (back then I was 15 months waiting). So today I have got the decision from them that says that Migri has assigned my application to the “demanding” queue based on the fact that my trips abroad and their impact on the time lived should be considered better. However, Oikeuskansleri has decided, that
What the heck is the demanding queue, and how fast they promise to process your application? And what about your trips abroad? Did you travel for a very long time? Does it mean that whoever travels a lot gets into this demanding queue?
Well, quite a lot, when I was a student… But I mean, that’s strange

Quite a lot means more than 2 months for a single trip outside of EU? Like you travel to your home country quite often, and they think that you have strong connection with it


Post Reply