Applying for Citizenship 2024

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Post Reply
fingol
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:32 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by fingol » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:51 pm

Uskomaton wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:40 pm
fingol wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:19 pm
riku2 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:22 pm


What would you prefer? that the easy to process applications just queue up behind the harder ones where information is hard to verify and more research is needed. That would mean that EVERYONE would wait over 2 years for their application to be processed.
Oh yeah. When the application goes to second stage after years somehow the decision is granted on the same day. Do you believe they were researching during those years?
There you go!

viewtopic.php?p=604363#p604363

"I am paying back taxes and Kela (study support) based on agreed payment plan. I am ahead of payment plan. Does it have negative impact on decision-making?"

Well, it does affect how your application is handled.
Thanks for stalking. Those debts came after applying to citizenship and I paid back all of them in a short time. Application was never checked.



Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

fingol
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:32 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by fingol » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:55 pm

just_passing_by wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:22 pm
oct.2023.RU.IT wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:24 pm
I came without a residence permit and applied for one in Finland.
I applied for citizenship a little earlier, then 4 years requirement was fulfilled (3 month earlier).
This case actually destroys two myths:
1. Applying earlier than 4 years of residence does not mean that you will end up waiting in the long queue.
2. Coming to Finland without Residence with a tourist visa does not mean that you will end up waiting in the long queue.

The migri calculator asks whether you came to Finland without Residence permit, but in reality it is probably asking whether you came to Finland as a refugee/asylum seeker.
It doesn't explain why my refugee friend from Iraq got decision in 7 months.

Uskomaton
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:39 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by Uskomaton » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:17 pm

fingol wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:51 pm
Uskomaton wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:40 pm
fingol wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:19 pm


Oh yeah. When the application goes to second stage after years somehow the decision is granted on the same day. Do you believe they were researching during those years?
There you go!

viewtopic.php?p=604363#p604363

"I am paying back taxes and Kela (study support) based on agreed payment plan. I am ahead of payment plan. Does it have negative impact on decision-making?"

Well, it does affect how your application is handled.
Thanks for stalking. Those debts came after applying to citizenship and I paid back all of them in a short time. Application was never checked.
You definetely have serious issues. Checking your public post history is not stalking. It gives an idea about your history.

One of your comments was how come the applications go into processing then gets a decision immediately, if there is no checking. Answer to that: when migri inspector checks your case if all the attachments in place or if there are any pending documents from inside our outside Finland, does not mean that processing has started. Clicking o my your application and check what kind of application you have does not mean it moves automatically to the processing stage.

It is known that they place the cases in a queue, based on the complexity and other criterias. Cheers and learn to be more patient and respect others. Finnishness is important 😉

fingol
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:32 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by fingol » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:37 pm

Uskomaton wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:17 pm
fingol wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:51 pm
Uskomaton wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:40 pm


There you go!

viewtopic.php?p=604363#p604363

"I am paying back taxes and Kela (study support) based on agreed payment plan. I am ahead of payment plan. Does it have negative impact on decision-making?"

Well, it does affect how your application is handled.
Thanks for stalking. Those debts came after applying to citizenship and I paid back all of them in a short time. Application was never checked.
You definetely have serious issues. Checking your public post history is not stalking. It gives an idea about your history.

One of your comments was how come the applications go into processing then gets a decision immediately, if there is no checking. Answer to that: when migri inspector checks your case if all the attachments in place or if there are any pending documents from inside our outside Finland, does not mean that processing has started. Clicking o my your application and check what kind of application you have does not mean it moves automatically to the processing stage.

It is known that they place the cases in a queue, based on the complexity and other criterias. Cheers and learn to be more patient and respect others. Finnishness is important 😉

Lol.

fingol
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:32 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by fingol » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:40 pm

mamutti wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:14 pm
fingol wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:04 pm
I don't get that priority !"#¤% in decision-making. When our applications are piled up from 2022 they spend their resources to process new applications faster. Then "somehow" estimated processing times approach 30 months. What a clown world.
That’s an amazing customer service from Migri
Very good ❤️
Some try to justify that Migri has to spend resource to make a decision on fast cases. The slow ones can be piled up. Then I guess my granny will come to process them.

Auringon_kukka
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:47 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by Auringon_kukka » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:42 pm

oct.2023.RU.IT wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:24 pm
I'm happy to announce that I got my citizenship!

I was very worried about processing time because I came without a residence permit and applied for one in Finland. My previous experience with Migri had been very disappointing and unfair, so I thought I would be one of those who would have to wait for years. We also had many (maybe 20-30) short trips around the world, but no trips longer than 30 days. I applied for citizenship a little earlier, then 4 years requirement was fulfilled (3 month earlier).
But my husband came with type A residence permit in Feb 2019.
We are both highly paid Software Developers, no Kela support, no criminal records.

Arrived to Finland: June 2019
Got study based B permit: October 2019
Got work based A permit: May 2020
Applied for citizenship: 19.10.2023, no need to visit service point
Application moved to stage 2: 15.04.2024
Got decision: 16.04.2024


My husband applied the same day, but was obliged to visit. He proved his identity on 24.10 and our applications were linked. After that we got diary numbers. My diary number was 13118 and his was 13233. My husband got his decision some minutes later than me.
Congratulations!!! 🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊

Algary
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:53 pm

Petty theft and citizenship application

Post by Algary » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:59 pm

Hi all,

I had a friend who just applied for the citizenship beginning of this year. He did a stupid thing, shoplifting in the market - he took some supplements. He got caught by the guard, then the polices were come and fined him as petty theft.

He is under depressed now and regretting and shouting at himself. I'm so sad for him :( , of course he did wrong thing and had to pay the price for that action. However, I hope this will not impact on his citizenship decision.

Is this the issue of the citizenship decision? Anyone has advice on this?

TUserFin
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:59 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by TUserFin » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:35 pm

just_passing_by wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:22 pm
oct.2023.RU.IT wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:24 pm
I came without a residence permit and applied for one in Finland.
I applied for citizenship a little earlier, then 4 years requirement was fulfilled (3 month earlier).
This case actually destroys two myths:
1. Applying earlier than 4 years of residence does not mean that you will end up waiting in the long queue.
2. Coming to Finland without Residence with a tourist visa does not mean that you will end up waiting in the long queue.

The migri calculator asks whether you came to Finland without Residence permit, but in reality it is probably asking whether you came to Finland as a refugee/asylum seeker.

No. As for case 2 it is because the application was processed together with husband's. These double applications always faster

just_passing_by
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:44 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by just_passing_by » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:42 pm

TUserFin wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:35 pm
No. As for case 2 it is because the application was processed together with husband's. These double applications always faster
Well, you don't know that. That is just a guess.

burcu1
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:16 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by burcu1 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:43 pm

Uskomaton wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:35 pm
fingol wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:04 pm
I don't get that priority !"#¤% in decision-making. When our applications are piled up from 2022 they spend their resources to process new applications faster. Then "somehow" estimated processing times approach 30 months. What a clown world.
Probably you have a complex case. Don't forget, getting citizenship is not a right but a privilege. Even meeting all criteria does not necessarily mean that they cannot reject.

If you have permanent residence, you are pretty much covered anyway.
I don't think PR is as good as citizenship. For instance, your PR will be cancelled and you will be deported if you are unemployed for longer than 3 months. There is no such risk when you are citizen.

TUserFin
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:59 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by TUserFin » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:53 pm

just_passing_by wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:42 pm
TUserFin wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:35 pm
No. As for case 2 it is because the application was processed together with husband's. These double applications always faster
Well, you don't know that. That is just a guess.
Not really. I have seen cases like this many times. The logic behind this is whoever gets into fast proceasing queue than 2nd application is pulled to be processed together.

ubugumbra
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:26 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by ubugumbra » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:27 am

TUserFin wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:53 pm
just_passing_by wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:42 pm
TUserFin wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:35 pm
No. As for case 2 it is because the application was processed together with husband's. These double applications always faster
Well, you don't know that. That is just a guess.
Not really. I have seen cases like this many times. The logic behind this is whoever gets into fast proceasing queue than 2nd application is pulled to be processed together.
That makes sense to me as well. Married families that applied ~together seem to always be processed faster in the first wave.

Uskomaton
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:39 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by Uskomaton » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:50 am

burcu1 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:43 pm
Uskomaton wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:35 pm
fingol wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:04 pm
I don't get that priority !"#¤% in decision-making. When our applications are piled up from 2022 they spend their resources to process new applications faster. Then "somehow" estimated processing times approach 30 months. What a clown world.
Probably you have a complex case. Don't forget, getting citizenship is not a right but a privilege. Even meeting all criteria does not necessarily mean that they cannot reject.

If you have permanent residence, you are pretty much covered anyway.
I don't think PR is as good as citizenship. For instance, your PR will be cancelled and you will be deported if you are unemployed for longer than 3 months. There is no such risk when you are citizen.
That’s incorrect. When you have permanent residence permit, whether working or not working, this has no impact on your status. You can live permanently in Finland. It is called Permanent Residence, not based a work permit or work based residence permit.
Last edited by Uskomaton on Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Naxput
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:13 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by Naxput » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:55 am

fingol wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:55 pm
just_passing_by wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:22 pm
oct.2023.RU.IT wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:24 pm
I came without a residence permit and applied for one in Finland.
I applied for citizenship a little earlier, then 4 years requirement was fulfilled (3 month earlier).
This case actually destroys two myths:
1. Applying earlier than 4 years of residence does not mean that you will end up waiting in the long queue.
2. Coming to Finland without Residence with a tourist visa does not mean that you will end up waiting in the long queue.

The migri calculator asks whether you came to Finland without Residence permit, but in reality it is probably asking whether you came to Finland as a refugee/asylum seeker.
It doesn't explain why my refugee friend from Iraq got decision in 7 months.
Hi When did he apply? this couple years ?

fingol
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:32 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by fingol » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:28 am

Naxput wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:55 am
fingol wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:55 pm
just_passing_by wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:22 pm


This case actually destroys two myths:
1. Applying earlier than 4 years of residence does not mean that you will end up waiting in the long queue.
2. Coming to Finland without Residence with a tourist visa does not mean that you will end up waiting in the long queue.

The migri calculator asks whether you came to Finland without Residence permit, but in reality it is probably asking whether you came to Finland as a refugee/asylum seeker.
It doesn't explain why my refugee friend from Iraq got decision in 7 months.
Hi When did he apply? this couple years ?
Last year. Another got around 12 months.


Post Reply