Lost job before applying for PR

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Rankin

Post by Rankin » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:04 pm

Need some advice.

I am eligible for PR in a few months, I submitted my application a month ago, about to go visit service centre, but the tricky part - I am now unemployed.

What do I do? Can I continue the application?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

agroot

Re: Lost job before applying for PR

Post by agroot » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:03 pm

Since you can't get refunded, what's the reason not to go? The visit is only about identifying yourself.

Uskomaton

Post by Uskomaton » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:05 pm

https://migri.fi/en/permanent-residence-permit

You can get a permanent residence permit if:

you have lived in Finland for an uninterrupted period of 4 years with a continuous residence permit (an A permit); and
the requirements for issuing a continuous residence permit are still met.
You cannot be granted a permanent residence permit for studies or to look for work.

Most probably, they will reject. But don't take my word 100% as I am not a Migri employee. It is better you check with them by sending an email to [email protected]

Rankin

Post by Rankin » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:34 pm

I'm still applying for jobs (I work in IT) and according to the conditions of my Blue Card, I have three months of consecutive unemployment before it gets cancelled. Just a bit confusing whether I can just continue my application with the employer I put in when I applied, whether they'll just reject me if they find out I'm unemployed, or whether as long as I find a job in the next 3 months they'll still continue to process it.

Uskomaton

Post by Uskomaton » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:15 pm

Rankin wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:34 pm
I'm still applying for jobs (I work in IT) and according to the conditions of my Blue Card, I have three months of consecutive unemployment before it gets cancelled. Just a bit confusing whether I can just continue my application with the employer I put in when I applied, whether they'll just reject me if they find out I'm unemployed, or whether as long as I find a job in the next 3 months they'll still continue to process it.
Not familiar with the conditions of Blue Card. Better to check with Migri.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:33 pm

Rankin wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:34 pm
You need to be employed at the time of making the decision. It takes about a year to make a decision.

astrom

Post by astrom » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 am

No one here is a Migri exployee so do not take posts as definite answers, including those above. I can only tell you a very close example as a reference for you:

My best friend was in a similar situation a couple of years ago. He was unemployed for 2 years, 1.5 of those waiting for his PR. He applied right after starting to receive unemployment benefits. Our biggest fear was that as stated above, "not meeting the condition of work" while on a residence permit for work, was a reason for his application to be rejected. We were all freaking out and ready for it to get a negative answer. But surprise, his PR was approved. Migri just wanted to make sure all his income was accounted for -unemployment benefits included-. They seemed to take into account the fact that he had enough roots in Finland and that he was actively looking for a job. So please, communicate that as much as you can and keep active on your application process. Other than that, I wish you good luck and hope you get a similar decision!