I'm new in Finland

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Imse1970

I'm new in Finland

Post by Imse1970 » Fri May 10, 2024 7:29 am

Hey folks, I'm new in Finland. Just got my Nordea debit and registered the Nordea codes app. I was trying to use the code app to verify my identity in Posti and HSL, etc. However, none of those sites really let me in. There will be a page saying "don't have suitable agreements". I mean, the app really works. However, it seems those sites don't really accept it. Does anyone know what is the problem here? Many thanks!

I'm new in Finland

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Auringon_kukka

Re: I'm new in Finland

Post by Auringon_kukka » Fri May 10, 2024 9:43 am

Imse1970 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 7:29 am
Hey folks, I'm new in Finland. Just got my Nordea debit and registered the Nordea codes app. I was trying to use the code app to verify my identity in Posti and HSL, etc. However, none of those sites really let me in. There will be a page saying "don't have suitable agreements". I mean, the app really works. However, it seems those sites don't really accept it. Does anyone know what is the problem here? Many thanks!
I would check with Nordea to see if the identity-verification feature has been activated on your account. If it hasn't, that would explain why you're unable to verify your identity online at Posti, etc. I had a similar experience with my bank.

Or the problem could be something else. Best to check with them.

And welcome to Finland!

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat May 11, 2024 10:15 am

Imse1970 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 7:29 am
You need to show Nordea acceptable paperwork with your personal identity code on it. For third country nationals, this usually means the id card from Poliisi.

SecretCode

Post by SecretCode » Sat May 11, 2024 10:25 am

Have you visited Nordea in person to have your identity verified? Have you visited DVV in person to get registered with them?

The ID card from Poliisi is not mandatory - I was able to complete the above with passport and my application documents (and the Finnish person I'm living with).

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat May 11, 2024 8:37 pm

SecretCode wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 10:25 am
Have you visited Nordea in person to have your identity verified? Have you visited DVV in person to get registered with them?

The ID card from Poliisi is not mandatory - I was able to complete the above with passport and my application documents (and the Finnish person I'm living with).
Are you an EEA citizen?

SecretCode

Post by SecretCode » Sun May 12, 2024 7:37 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 8:37 pm
SecretCode wrote:

Are you an EEA citizen?
If the question was addressed to me, no, UK citizen (and this was all after the withdrawal).

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon May 13, 2024 5:59 pm

SecretCode wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 7:37 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 8:37 pm
SecretCode wrote:

Are you an EEA citizen?
If the question was addressed to me, no, UK citizen (and this was all after the withdrawal).
Hard to say why exactly they chose to accept your document but Nordea's own policy says that UK passports should not be acceptable.

"Muun Euroopan talousalueen jäsenvaltion, Sveitsin tai San Marinon viranomaisen myöntämä"

https://www.nordea.fi/Images/146-231054 ... atteet.pdf