Applying for Citizenship 2024

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Post Reply
mamutti
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:22 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by mamutti » Wed May 15, 2024 7:28 pm

Indian_Dude wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:20 pm
riku2 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 10:37 am
Indian_Dude wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 10:20 am
Getting a invitation for lunch in my home is not your rights, it is your privilege. But when you arrive my home and if I serve you that lunch in the next day morning, then it sucks.
If you really want to annoy the waiting guest, you announce that you have introduced automated lunches, but it does not apply to people who have been sitting around waiting. New people arrive and get their lunch served in three minutes but the waiting guests should sit back and wait patiently for their lunch to arrive perhaps the next morning.
😀😀😀😀😀😀
Well, said. Just one suggestion/ request for you guyes, please raise your voice in the social platfrom example in the facebook page of the Migri (https://www.facebook.com/Maahanmuuttovir). At least share your reaction there. I think in this way we can get policy maker/ Migri’scBig boss’s attention.
It would be better if everyone has complained to the Chancellor of Justice, as Migri listens to them better than anyone else



Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

mamutti
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:22 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by mamutti » Wed May 15, 2024 7:28 pm

Indian_Dude wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:20 pm
riku2 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 10:37 am
Indian_Dude wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 10:20 am
Getting a invitation for lunch in my home is not your rights, it is your privilege. But when you arrive my home and if I serve you that lunch in the next day morning, then it sucks.
If you really want to annoy the waiting guest, you announce that you have introduced automated lunches, but it does not apply to people who have been sitting around waiting. New people arrive and get their lunch served in three minutes but the waiting guests should sit back and wait patiently for their lunch to arrive perhaps the next morning.
😀😀😀😀😀😀
Well, said. Just one suggestion/ request for you guyes, please raise your voice in the social platfrom example in the facebook page of the Migri (https://www.facebook.com/Maahanmuuttovir). At least share your reaction there. I think in this way we can get policy maker/ Migri’scBig boss’s attention.
It would be better if everyone has complained to the Chancellor of Justice, as Migri listens to them better than anyone else

Uskomaton
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:39 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by Uskomaton » Thu May 16, 2024 1:57 am

I realized that last 3 days, the queue is progressing by average 20 cases per day for me. Maybe the new automated decision freed up resources. How is the situation with you? Similar experience like mine?

Underscore
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:27 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by Underscore » Thu May 16, 2024 8:26 am

Uskomaton wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 1:57 am
I realized that last 3 days, the queue is progressing by average 20 cases per day for me. Maybe the new automated decision freed up resources. How is the situation with you? Similar experience like mine?
That is true, it is moving quite fast.

mamutti
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:22 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by mamutti » Thu May 16, 2024 8:43 am

Underscore wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 8:26 am
Uskomaton wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 1:57 am
I realized that last 3 days, the queue is progressing by average 20 cases per day for me. Maybe the new automated decision freed up resources. How is the situation with you? Similar experience like mine?
That is true, it is moving quite fast.
Hi! In my case, it doesn’t move that fast tbh

m02b06
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:24 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by m02b06 » Thu May 16, 2024 10:00 am

Uskomaton wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 1:57 am
I realized that last 3 days, the queue is progressing by average 20 cases per day for me. Maybe the new automated decision freed up resources. How is the situation with you? Similar experience like mine?
May I ask what is your place in line?
I am 20xx and it doesn't move so fast, for example from yesterday to today was only 7 cases

Iva.M.
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 16, 2024 9:48 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by Iva.M. » Thu May 16, 2024 10:08 am

Hello!
Today I got finnish citizenship 🤗

I applied 26.10.2023 and on 02.11. got dairy number (137**/) and from that day it was written that processing of my application has started. Aldo it was always standing on number 1- waiting for processing 🤔 Today I received one e mail that my application moved to stage 2- processing and after 7 min second e mail with ready decisions 😀 Two days ago I have sent mail to Migri and ask about process in my case,maybe that affected somehow. Fingers crossed for fast decision everybody 🤞

Kippuax
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:56 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by Kippuax » Thu May 16, 2024 10:59 am

Uskomaton wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 1:57 am
I realized that last 3 days, the queue is progressing by average 20 cases per day for me. Maybe the new automated decision freed up resources. How is the situation with you? Similar experience like mine?
Yes it seems so with this speed, December folks will soon get it in June. Mostly people goes to stage 2 around ~5500 in queue? I checked the statistic and I noticed that June has the most applications being processed compared to May or July.

betelgeuse
Posts: 4381
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by betelgeuse » Thu May 16, 2024 11:06 am

jonathan_09 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 pm
browndude wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 2:45 pm
How can you get a negative decision if you fulfil all the criteria? There has to be some reason for the rejection.
Actually I have no idea but Migri has mentioned this in its Website.
Look

Image

And also migri could reject a citizenship application due to a reason which is not mentioned in the criteria.
For example I know one case in which the applicant got rejected because he came as a student and he hasn’t finished his studies after he switched to a working permit.
the reason for rejection stated as : The applicant didn't fullfill yet the purpose of the moving to Finland. despite it is not mentioned anywhere in Migri website that the applicant should complete his studies even if he switch to work-based residence permit in order to qualify for the citizenship.
I know other applicant got reject because he hasn't spent much money in Finland. he used to spent around 400 EUR a month he used to focus on saving money. and lived the whole time in Finland in a shared apartment and also this is not mentioned in migri website
My guess is that Migri is referring to this part of the Citizenship Act.

"A person is not naturalised, even if he or she meets the requirements for naturalisation, if there are reasonable grounds to suspect that the naturalisation constitutes a danger to the security of the State or public order, or if the main purpose of acquiring citizenship is to take advantage of a benefit related to Finnish citizenship without intending to settle in Finland, or if naturalisation conflicts with the best interests of the State for some other serious reason on the basis of an overall assessment of the applicant’s situation."

https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/kaannokse ... 220781.pdf

They will have to justify the decision and one can challenge the reasoning in court.

jonathan_09
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:14 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by jonathan_09 » Thu May 16, 2024 12:49 pm

Uskomaton wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 1:57 am
I realized that last 3 days, the queue is progressing by average 20 cases per day for me. Maybe the new automated decision freed up resources. How is the situation with you? Similar experience like mine?
I don't think actually that this speeding up has something to do the automated decisions that have been implemented recently.
because the effects of the automated decision-making will be visible just probably after 5 months from now.
Officers are currently still busy with applications submitted during last October, November, and even December.
When they reach processing applications that have been submitted during May. then the effects are gonna start to be visible.

User avatar
browndude
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:16 pm
Location: Helsinki

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by browndude » Thu May 16, 2024 1:57 pm

jonathan_09 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 pm
browndude wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 2:45 pm
jonathan_09 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:43 pm


It’s not about getting the citizenship ( which is we all know that it is a privilege )
It’s about having your application processed.
There is a difference about getting the citizenship and having the application processed.
Having the application processed whether the decision is positive or negative. You paid the 460 EUR to get your application processed not to wait endlessly. There are many applicants who are waiting 25 months now and haven’t received the decision
Myself I prefer to wait 10 months and get a negative decision and apply again. Rather than waiting 30 months and have positive decision.
Migri has already said having positive decision is relative not absolute. Meaning that you can get a negative decision even if you fullfill all the requirements.
How can you get a negative decision if you fulfil all the criteria? There has to be some reason for the rejection.
Actually I have no idea but Migri has mentioned this in its Website.
Look

Image

And also migri could reject a citizenship application due to a reason which is not mentioned in the criteria.
For example I know one case in which the applicant got rejected because he came as a student and he hasn’t finished his studies after he switched to a working permit.
the reason for rejection stated as : The applicant didn't fullfill yet the purpose of the moving to Finland. despite it is not mentioned anywhere in Migri website that the applicant should complete his studies even if he switch to work-based residence permit in order to qualify for the citizenship.
I know other applicant got reject because he hasn't spent much money in Finland. he used to spent around 400 EUR a month he used to focus on saving money. and lived the whole time in Finland in a shared apartment and also this is not mentioned in migri website
I see. What they are referring to I think are factors which are not explicity mentioned in the requirements list that may be used to grant or deny citizenship on a case-by-case basis.
ImageImage

TUserFin
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:59 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by TUserFin » Thu May 16, 2024 3:08 pm

browndude wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 1:57 pm
jonathan_09 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 pm
browndude wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 2:45 pm


How can you get a negative decision if you fulfil all the criteria? There has to be some reason for the rejection.
Actually I have no idea but Migri has mentioned this in its Website.
Look

Image

And also migri could reject a citizenship application due to a reason which is not mentioned in the criteria.
For example I know one case in which the applicant got rejected because he came as a student and he hasn’t finished his studies after he switched to a working permit.
the reason for rejection stated as : The applicant didn't fullfill yet the purpose of the moving to Finland. despite it is not mentioned anywhere in Migri website that the applicant should complete his studies even if he switch to work-based residence permit in order to qualify for the citizenship.
I know other applicant got reject because he hasn't spent much money in Finland. he used to spent around 400 EUR a month he used to focus on saving money. and lived the whole time in Finland in a shared apartment and also this is not mentioned in migri website
I see. What they are referring to I think are factors which are not explicity mentioned in the requirements list that may be used to grant or deny citizenship on a case-by-case basis.
There are no such things in Finland if officer does not like you or your nationality they can deny your application. They follow list of rules and they need to have solid grounds to deny. Example: you can think about oligarh with strong ties to dictator in some country which complies with all citezenship rules etc etc. You dont want ppl like this here, for sure, as you never know where this leads in terms of security.

aaleksu
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 10, 2024 4:01 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by aaleksu » Thu May 16, 2024 4:07 pm

I am wondering what it might mean if my queue number is 2104 and hasn’t changed in last two weeks.
For me queue moves veeeeery slowly.
Last edited by aaleksu on Thu May 16, 2024 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xfromy
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:27 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by xfromy » Thu May 16, 2024 11:53 pm

Iva.M. wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 10:08 am
Hello!
Today I got finnish citizenship 🤗

I applied 26.10.2023 and on 02.11. got dairy number (137**/) and from that day it was written that processing of my application has started. Aldo it was always standing on number 1- waiting for processing 🤔 Today I received one e mail that my application moved to stage 2- processing and after 7 min second e mail with ready decisions 😀 Two days ago I have sent mail to Migri and ask about process in my case,maybe that affected somehow. Fingers crossed for fast decision everybody 🤞
When you send mail, do you write mail in Finnish or in English?

kunglao
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:39 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by kunglao » Fri May 17, 2024 1:45 am

xfromy wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 11:53 pm
Iva.M. wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 10:08 am
Hello!
Today I got finnish citizenship 🤗

I applied 26.10.2023 and on 02.11. got dairy number (137**/) and from that day it was written that processing of my application has started. Aldo it was always standing on number 1- waiting for processing 🤔 Today I received one e mail that my application moved to stage 2- processing and after 7 min second e mail with ready decisions 😀 Two days ago I have sent mail to Migri and ask about process in my case,maybe that affected somehow. Fingers crossed for fast decision everybody 🤞
When you send mail, do you write mail in Finnish or in English?
We wrote in English and it was fine.


Post Reply