Applying for Citizenship 2024

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
jonathan_09

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by jonathan_09 » Mon May 20, 2024 6:00 pm

Kippuax wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 5:10 pm
jonathan_09 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 3:47 pm
Migri sent me a weird request today.
They told me to give an explanation why my previous address was used by multiple persons few years ago. I answered their question. It was so typical thing that my address has been used by many persons because I was a student in a student shared apartment. And there were 2 students living with me all the time and these 2 students always change when someone moves out, a new student moves in. I already indicated in my application that I came as a student and they should know this. I think even Finnish students live in shared apartments during their study years.
So I wonder what’s the purpose of asking me such as question which has a clear answer.

It could be also that students living with you, sharing his/her room with other students and that leads to many students in a soluasunto. But i guess everything will be fine with a proper explanation, and you will soon receive a decision.

I just wonder is there any case that Migri calling applicant for supplement information, because i heard a story from my friend. Friend of my friend got a phone call about supplement, when he was walking on the road and the middle of something. He couldn't speak very good Finnish and he was kind of frozen with what they asked, kind of he didnt understand what they asked for. But he understood some part that they were saying like you applied for citizenship, but why you couldn't speak Finnish. So he was freaking out and didnt know what to do next.
In the past they used to call applicants.
But they stopped doing this after 2021. Because many scammers started to call applicants or people pretending to be migri. So migri now send mostly requests through EnterFinland and if they want to call an applicant they send him a notification first and a request to the applicant for himself to call migri on specific time.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

kunglao

Post by kunglao » Mon May 20, 2024 6:42 pm

jonathan_09 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 12:56 pm
kunglao wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 12:48 pm
jonathan_09 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 12:41 pm

What’s your status now bro ?
Have you received the decision or still in stage 2 ?
My partner and children have received a positive decision 2 days ago. I am still waiting for mine. I sent Migri an email yesterday to check the status of my case and why I didn't receive a decision with the rest of the family but I'm yet to receive a response.

How about you?
Congratulations for your Partner and kids.
Same here it moved to stage 2 on 23th April and still stuck there. Wonder what they are investigating 🧐
I think if nothing comes by June I will try to call them and see even though I know what their answer would be 🥲
Thank you. We eventually figured out that the delay was most likely due to the process of determining the newborn's current citizenship. This usually takes DVV about a month to complete. We received DVV's decision in the mail 2 days after receiving the decision from Migri which suggested that Migri issued their decision in tandem with them.

burcu1

Post by burcu1 » Tue May 21, 2024 11:33 am

I added one more document to my ongoing (processing stage) citizenship application in enterfinland. Then I sent email to migri but forgot to include customer number and diary number. Would it be problem?

jonathan_09

Post by jonathan_09 » Tue May 21, 2024 11:52 am

burcu1 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 11:33 am
I added one more document to my ongoing (processing stage) citizenship application in enterfinland. Then I sent email to migri but forgot to include customer number and diary number. Would it be problem?
If you sent the email from the same email address that’s registered in EnterFinland then there would be no problems.
They typically know which application it concerns.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue May 21, 2024 3:46 pm

jonathan_09 wrote:
They told me to give an explanation why my previous address was used by multiple persons few years ago. I answered their question. It was so typical thing that my address has been used by many persons because I was a student in a student shared apartment. And there were 2 students living with me all the time and these 2 students always change when someone moves out, a new student moves in. I already indicated in my application that I came as a student and they should know this. I think even Finnish students live in shared apartments during their study years.
So I wonder what’s the purpose of asking me such as question which has a clear answer.
They are legally required to ask you.

"Before a matter is decided, each party shall be provided with an opportunity to express
an opinion on the matter and to submit an explanation of claims and of evidence which
may influence the decision."

https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/kaannokse ... 030434.pdf

I think it's a good policy to ask the applicant instead of making assumptions.

jonathan_09

Post by jonathan_09 » Tue May 21, 2024 4:03 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 3:46 pm
jonathan_09 wrote:

"Before a matter is decided, each party shall be provided with an opportunity to express
an opinion on the matter and to submit an explanation of claims and of evidence which

They sent me another request yesterday evening to send them my tenancy agreement with student housing company when I was a student.
I started desperately searching for it because I received that tenancy agreement in 2016 (long time ago). and I forgot where I kept it.so I thought I lost it. I spent the whole night and today's morning searching. I didn't find it in my old emails. until I finally found the document in my old laptop just an hour ago (haven't turned on that laptop since 5 years) likely I haven't sold the laptop :D :D
I have sent it to them now. I hope I will receive the decision tomorrow or after tomorrow.

finnfinns

Post by finnfinns » Tue May 21, 2024 4:24 pm

jonathan_09 wrote:
I guess that time need to be counted when calculating the residency period. I know one case also got the same request since she is EU citizen who can move freely. They tracked down the info and see that she moved a lot during that time. Then they need to make sure that she really stayed in Finland enough period of time. Of course, Migri makes the requests when they suspect your application.
I hear recently from a friend in Migri that at the moment they are really careful with calculating residency period because many applications tried to hide the pandemic period. Many people left Finland or got stuck in other countries. While they did not change the address but Migri tracked down and revealed they did not stay in Finland long enough or the period became an interuption in residency period.

Auringon_kukka

Post by Auringon_kukka » Tue May 21, 2024 4:56 pm

jonathan_09 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 4:03 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 3:46 pm
jonathan_09 wrote:

They sent me another request yesterday evening to send them my tenancy agreement with student housing company when I was a student.
I started desperately searching for it because I received that tenancy agreement in 2016 (long time ago). and I forgot where I kept it.so I thought I lost it. I spent the whole night and today's morning searching. I didn't find it in my old emails. until I finally found the document in my old laptop just an hour ago (haven't turned on that laptop since 5 years) likely I haven't sold the laptop :D :D
I have sent it to them now. I hope I will receive the decision tomorrow or after tomorrow.
I have my fingers crossed for you!

Leila722

Post by Leila722 » Tue May 21, 2024 8:47 pm

just_passing_by wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 11:37 am
This week's stats:
Total processed: ~60
Total processed above threshold: ~37
Processed above threshold to total processed ratio: ~0.62
Threshold processing median: ~13456/310/2023
2022 processing median: ~5446/310/2022
New applications created: ~50

Data: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cpYzge ... sp=sharing
Hi, can you guys guess which month’s applications Migri is handling now in 2023? handling November 2023 ?

FinWolf

Post by FinWolf » Wed May 22, 2024 10:31 pm

Do we have any updates or good news about the 15xxx campaign results for December 2023?
Unfortunately, the Kamu chatbox isn't working, and the process has become somewhat black-box for many of us.
If anyone has received any decisions or further updates, please share them here so we can all stay informed and hopeful.

xfromy

Post by xfromy » Thu May 23, 2024 8:58 pm

FinWolf wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 10:31 pm
Do we have any updates or good news about the 15xxx campaign results for December 2023?
Unfortunately, the Kamu chatbox isn't working, and the process has become somewhat black-box for many of us.
If anyone has received any decisions or further updates, please share them here so we can all stay informed and hopeful.
Can you add one more value to that x after 15? i have also applied in Dec but my diary number is 161**.

FinWolf

Post by FinWolf » Thu May 23, 2024 10:13 pm

xfromy wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 8:58 pm
FinWolf wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 10:31 pm
Can you add one more value to that x after 15? i have also applied in Dec but my diary number is 161**.
Sure. I sent the application on the 4th of December and didn't need to visit the service point. Got the diary number 4 days later on the 8th of December.
Mine is 156xx

sammyghyft

Post by sammyghyft » Thu May 23, 2024 11:49 pm

I applied and visited service point on the 5th of December and number is 155xx

aakalim

Post by aakalim » Fri May 24, 2024 10:28 am

My diary number is 143xx and applied in November 2023. These diary numbers should be getting decisions within a month or two, however in my case, I got unemployed soon after I appeared for the citizenship appointment. I applied citizenship of my son with me and I might possibly get a speeding ticket in the next week (hopefully not but i got a camera flash while driving and i fear I will get some kind of speeding fine). So I will not be surprised if my application is delayed.

Aasinkinttu

Post by Aasinkinttu » Fri May 24, 2024 11:37 am

I'm in the December/15xxx group.
Not sure about queue because Kamu is down.

I recently received what I thought was the ordinary "waiting for processing, there's backlog blablabla" but this one was slightly different. Still appears to be automated but different content.
See below:

-------------------------------------

Your application is waiting to be processed - supplement the application
Dear customer,

Your application is waiting to be processed. We will inform you when the processing begins.

While you are waiting, please update your application with the following information:

Travels outside Finland

Inform us of whether you have travelled outside Finland after submitting your application. If you have, we need to know the following:

To what country did you travel?
What was the reason for the trip?
When did you leave Finland and when did you return to Finland?
Sources of income

Send us documents as proof of your current income source.

If you have changed jobs, send us your new employment contract.
You do not need to send proof of your income if:

There have not been any changes in your employment relationships after you submitted your application;
You are receiving benefits from Kela; or
You are receiving money from a Finnish pension or health insurance fund.
The Finnish Immigration Service will use the Incomes Register to obtain information about the payments made by Kela, Finnish pension funds and Finnish health insurance funds.

For more information" ... And continues..

------------------------------------------------------

Of course, I'm going to do what is asked. I am just curious how others have experienced this same message. Sign of being close? Or just automatic after X amount of waiting time?