Applying for Citizenship 2024

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Post Reply
jonathan_09
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:14 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by jonathan_09 » Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:45 am

MAR1 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:17 am
Any information who is receiving replies nowadays?
Last thing I heard was 1/2 weeks ago for someone who applied in early November 2023, any other updates?
Now we are in June after the midsummer. Most officers and migri staff are in vacation at the moment. And probably the situation will continue until August. This is the slowest time in making decisions.



Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

betelgeuse
Posts: 4432
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:12 am

jonathan_09 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:32 am
betelgeuse wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:28 am
jonathan_09 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:12 pm

Practically and based on what I know. EU/EAA citizens or countries who have close cooperation with Finland are more likely to get automatic decisions due to the fact that data transfer is much easier between those countries.
According to the Migri documentation the only international database they use is the Schengen Information System. Your comment is hogwash.
Give me the source of your stupid comment that Migri uses only Shengen information system for automated decisions or remove your stupid comment.
You’re just angry and jealous because I received my decision and helping and answering questions.

And let me add you something. There is an agreement between Finland and United states for data transmission. Means that Migri can obtain data from American citizens. And this is mentioned in the Interior ministry website.
Except if you believe that the United States is a shengen country. (I guess you do 😄 )

Stupid person
I referenced the document ”Käsittelysääntöjen ylätason kuvaus - kansalaisuushakemukset” version 1.0. I asked for it via public access request since they are legally requirement to maintain detailed documentation. It says in 4.4: ”Automaattisen ratkaisumenettelyn suunnittelussa on otettu lähtökohdaksi, että hyödynnetään pääasiassa kansallisia rekistereitä tietolähteinä.” It goes on then to list the data sources and the only international request is to SIS II.

”Viranomaisen on varmistettava, että automaattisen ratkaisumenettelyn käsittelysäännöt dokumentoidaan riittävän selkeästi ja kattavasti niin, että niiden lainmukaisuus voidaan osoittaa.”

https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/ ... 06#L6aP28a

ubugumbra
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:26 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by ubugumbra » Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:01 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:12 am
jonathan_09 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:32 am
betelgeuse wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:28 am


According to the Migri documentation the only international database they use is the Schengen Information System. Your comment is hogwash.
Give me the source (…)
I referenced the document ”Käsittelysääntöjen ylätason kuvaus - kansalaisuushakemukset” version 1.0. I asked for it via public access request since they are legally requirement to maintain detailed documentation. It says in 4.4: ”Automaattisen ratkaisumenettelyn suunnittelussa on otettu lähtökohdaksi, että hyödynnetään pääasiassa kansallisia rekistereitä tietolähteinä.” It goes on then to list the data sources and the only international request is to SIS II.

”Viranomaisen on varmistettava, että automaattisen ratkaisumenettelyn käsittelysäännöt dokumentoidaan riittävän selkeästi ja kattavasti niin, että niiden lainmukaisuus voidaan osoittaa.”

https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/ ... 06#L6aP28a
That’s very interesting. Thank you for sharing!

That sadly makes the rapid decision for an Albanian citizen confusing; maybe it was not automated after all. Fast processing can happen occasionally too. There were some Russian citizens who received decisions in 3 weeks and in 2 months, well before automatic decisions were implemented.

betelgeuse
Posts: 4432
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:25 pm

ubugumbra wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:01 pm
That sadly makes the rapid decision for an Albanian citizen confusing; maybe it was not automated after all. Fast processing can happen occasionally too. There were some Russian citizens who received decisions in 3 weeks and in 2 months, well before automatic decisions were implemented.
The decision could have easily been automated. It just didn't have anything to do with being Albanian in particular.

xfromy
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:27 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by xfromy » Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:38 pm

Ever since Kamu stopped showing queue number, we were not able to see application insights.
Can we in an individual share our application status so that we know which date they are processing as of now. The newest that I know of personally is that of one of my friend's application that was submitted on 17th of November has been served with decision. Do anyone of you have more recent updates?

Oussbe7
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:15 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by Oussbe7 » Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:52 pm

xfromy wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:38 pm
Ever since Kamu stopped showing queue number, we were not able to see application insights.
Can we in an individual share our application status so that we know which date they are processing as of now. The newest that I know of personally is that of one of my friend's application that was submitted on 17th of November has been served with decision. Do anyone of you have more recent updates?
I applied 1st October 2023 last time I checked my queue it was 5020 , I’m supposed to get the next automatic message one the 8th of July, I’m married to a finn and my daughter is Finnish , I have good job , still on stage 1 :(

mamutti
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:22 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by mamutti » Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:47 am

Hello

Finally, the processing of my application has begun 😍
Let’s see how long it will take for Migri to issue a decision

MAR1
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:00 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by MAR1 » Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:54 am

mamutti wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:47 am
Hello

Finally, the processing of my application has begun 😍
Let’s see how long it will take for Migri to issue a decision
when did you apply? get a diary number?

hopefully you get positive decision very soon, congrats in advance,

sammyghyft
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:10 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by sammyghyft » Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:57 am

When did you apply and visited service point. I visited in December 2023.

mamutti
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:22 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by mamutti » Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:03 pm

MAR1 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:54 am
mamutti wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:47 am
Hello

Finally, the processing of my application has begun 😍
Let’s see how long it will take for Migri to issue a decision
when did you apply? get a diary number?

hopefully you get positive decision very soon, congrats in advance,
Hi

01.09.2022

MAR1
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:00 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by MAR1 » Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:09 pm

xfromy wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:38 pm
Ever since Kamu stopped showing queue number, we were not able to see application insights.
Can we in an individual share our application status so that we know which date they are processing as of now. The newest that I know of personally is that of one of my friend's application that was submitted on 17th of November has been served with decision. Do anyone of you have more recent updates?
Thanks for the update, I applied December and nothing yet, when did your friend receive decision?

broccoli
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:22 am

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by broccoli » Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:57 pm

mamutti wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:47 am
Hello

Finally, the processing of my application has begun 😍
Let’s see how long it will take for Migri to issue a decision
Did you send new application or you didnt make it on time (luckly)
Interesting that your application is in processing (from 1 September) but Auringon_kukka from mid August is not yet (hopefully soon!).

mamutti
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:22 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by mamutti » Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:10 pm

broccoli wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:57 pm
mamutti wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:47 am
Hello

Finally, the processing of my application has begun 😍
Let’s see how long it will take for Migri to issue a decision
Did you send new application or you didnt make it on time (luckly)
Interesting that your application is in processing (from 1 September) but Auringon_kukka from mid August is not yet (hopefully soon!).
Hello

Yeah I didn’t make it on time, but I have already filled in most of the things there

Auringon_kukka
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:47 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by Auringon_kukka » Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:18 pm

mamutti wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:47 am
Hello

Finally, the processing of my application has begun 😍
Let’s see how long it will take for Migri to issue a decision
Congrats!!! I'm still waiting for processing, as you probably guessed :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Did you submit a second application under the new automated system, or is migri now processing your original application?

mamutti
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:22 pm

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by mamutti » Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:19 pm

Auringon_kukka wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:18 pm
mamutti wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:47 am
Hello

Finally, the processing of my application has begun 😍
Let’s see how long it will take for Migri to issue a decision
Congrats!!! I'm still waiting for processing, as you probably guessed :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Did you submit a second application under the new automated system, or is migri now processing your original application?
No, I haven’t managed to send it yet, so this is original application 😇


Post Reply