My Residence permit has been rejected.

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
The Wolverine

Post by The Wolverine » Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:07 am

Guys,

My Visa has been rejected. :cry: They have said that as per section 18 of Alien's act, i did not meet the requirements. So they didnt approve my Residence permit. Could ya guys please lemme know what is Section 18.

Thanks in advance.

Regards ~ Sam. :cry:

"Whatjou doin'?"
"Thinkin'."
"Well, that's never a good sign, is it?"

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Ace

Post by Ace » Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:30 am

Sorry about your bad news :!: Cant help you i'm afraid bud, its a different system for European Union passport holders like myself. Im sure a non EU . member will be logged on shortly who will be able to help you out :!:

daive

Re: My Residence permit has been rejected.

Post by daive » Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:43 am

The Wolverine wrote:Guys,

My Visa has been rejected. :cry: They have said that as per section 18 of Alien's act, i did not meet the requirements. So they didnt approve my Residence permit. Could ya guys please lemme know what is Section 18.

Thanks in advance.

Regards ~ Sam. :cry:
Sorry about your news, but check out this weblink I stumbled upon, it may be relevant... go to SECTION 18 which is page 5!
http://www.uvi.fi/englanti/doc/laki/aliensact.pdf
or try this
http://www.uvi.fi/pdfkansa/nationalityact.pdf on page 4.

Best regards

Daive

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:34 am

Bummer,

OK, Section 18 is basically "means of support" clause. (Daive's first link, the plain 18, they have 18a, 18b etc. following.)

If it was for a student permit, the missing 5 grand in the bank and acceptance letter from the school I'd suspect?

If it was for a work permit, the lack of a labor certification from the ministry of labor?

The "wrong answer" to a student permit question how to support yourself is "find work".
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

distantspaces

Post by distantspaces » Sat Aug 23, 2003 2:29 pm

Hi,

Without knowing about your application background, it is not possible to tell why it was rejected. In any case, the best option here would be to contact your university/employer, and ask them to contact the UVI directly. Maybe there has been some miscommunication.

I know of a case where a residence permit was rejected on the basis of Clause 18, but a request by the university to UVI helped in reversing the decision. Maybe it would work for you as well!

Best of Luck