Applying for Citizenship 2024

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
kunglao

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by kunglao » Sat May 25, 2024 1:35 am

jonathan_09 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 7:41 pm
oct.2023.RU.IT wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 6:50 pm
jonathan_09 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 6:35 pm
I booked in Oulu. It was the only slot available for next week. Probably someone cancelled his appointment :))
I got my passport the next day after receiving a positive decision. The way it works is that you apply for a passport, pay the fee and then go to the police station without an appointment. It depends on the day, but usually you will be served within 1-2 hours of waiting.
When they serve you, you have to say that you want to get a passport today because you have an urgent trip bla bla bla. Then they'll ask you to pay extra for express processing and you'll get your passport in 0-2 days.
Oh that's perfect then :)) I thought that it might take a while to receive the passport.
and have you spoken with them in Finnish or in English ??
I can speak Finnish. but I feel more comfortable to speak in English. I wonder if it is ok to speak in English during passport appointment.
It depends on the officer but it's generally okay. We spoke in English recently when applying for passports. We have also spoken in English at Migri when updating our an existing citizenship application.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

mamutti

Post by mamutti » Sat May 25, 2024 2:48 am

Auringon_kukka wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 7:39 pm
katariinaSii wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 5:29 pm
Hello everyone!

First of all, I would like to thank the people here who posted updates about queues and answered lots of questions.
I have not written anything before but would like to share my story in case it will be useful for someone.

I came here from Russia as a student in 2015, with a B permit which later changed to a B permit for job searching.
In 2020, I got married to a Finnish guy and obtained an A permit based on family ties.
In 2021, we broke up, and I moved to another city to study at a UAS. The official divorce was at the end of 2021.
I did not change my permit and applied for citizenship in July 2022.
On 04.07.2022, I visited Migri and got a diary number.
Since my current family-based permit would expire this July, in April, I applied for a permit A based on studying and got it in 3 days.
Only yesterday, 23.05.2024, my application moved to stage 2.
They asked for additional information - for some reason, there were no records in DVV for 10 months in 2019 and 2020, and they were also confused about my income information in 2020 (which was only based on Kela payments).
I provided all the documents on the same day in the evening, explaining the situation.
And today, I already received the positive decision. The Q number was around 1342 on May 15, the last time I checked (it started from 7200 :ohno: ).

It was a very long and stressful journey, but it's over, and I'm happy. Wishing everyone good luck!
Congratulations!! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 Now you can breathe a big sigh of relief!

It's encouraging to hear that you visited migri in July 2022. I went the following month and am hopeful that processing will begin soon.
Let’s see how it is going to be for us, but of course that the fact of the processing coming to the end cannot be bad, as waiting for 20+ months affects you a lot, especially when you don’t have PR and possibility of applying for it

riku2

Post by riku2 » Sat May 25, 2024 12:27 pm

I see the kamu chatbot is now working again on enterfinland.fi.. but the "your place in queue" is notably absent from the choice of questions now :wink:
If you do explicitly ask, you are told
I'm sorry, but I'm not able to show place in queue at the moment.

Auringon_kukka

Post by Auringon_kukka » Sat May 25, 2024 1:13 pm

riku2 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 12:27 pm
I see the kamu chatbot is now working again on enterfinland.fi.. but the "your place in queue" is notably absent from the choice of questions now :wink:
My guess is someone blabbed about the harvesting of data on this site via Kamu :lol: :lol: :lol: .

just_passing_by

Post by just_passing_by » Sat May 25, 2024 1:59 pm

Auringon_kukka wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 1:13 pm
riku2 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 12:27 pm
My guess is someone blabbed about the harvesting of data on this site via Kamu :lol: :lol: :lol: .
I think that eventually they will enable this feature back, but perhaps with some added security (like captcha).
Or maybe they disabled it for some unrelated reason and just doing maintenance.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat May 25, 2024 8:27 pm

Goodluck2020 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 2:41 pm
I got an email that my application has moved to stage 2 yesterday around 10am. This morning around 10am I got a positive decision.

Applied on the 08.12.2021
Decision on the 24.05.2024
Almost 30 months 😩
I would lodge a complaint about the processing time here https://www.oikeusasiamies.fi/en/compla ... -ombudsman

TUserFin

Post by TUserFin » Sat May 25, 2024 10:44 pm

Goodluck2020 wrote:
I got an email that my application has moved to stage 2 yesterday around 10am. This morning around 10am I got a positive decision.

Almost 30 months 😩
Was you in refugee queue or came without permit?

Auringon_kukka

Post by Auringon_kukka » Sun May 26, 2024 11:04 am

Dreamheart wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 1:07 pm
Hi! I am just new here glad to meet everyone ☺️
I am just want to share my current situation regarding my citizenship application I applied on 2022 on April still now I don't have any decision just worried why still not made anything is anyone waiting like me ?
I applied in August 2022 and am still waiting for processing. Fingers crossed that we get our decisions soon!

Auringon_kukka

Post by Auringon_kukka » Sun May 26, 2024 11:06 am

Goodluck2020 wrote:

Almost 30 months 😩
Congratulations, even though you had quite a long haul! I sympathize with you (I'm at the 21-month mark).

mamutti

Post by mamutti » Sun May 26, 2024 5:17 pm

Auringon_kukka wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 11:06 am
Goodluck2020 wrote:

Almost 30 months 😩
Congratulations, even though you had quite a long haul! I sympathize with you (I'm at the 21-month mark).
I would file for a compensation for such a long delay as 30 months

rakib150

Post by rakib150 » Mon May 27, 2024 2:58 am

Hi
Few weeks ago I received email that my application processing has started but when I logged in to enter Finland it’s still in the waiting for processing. Now yesterday again I received email stating that’ The processing of your application is ongoing. We have sent you a supplement request to which we are waiting for your reply’
Again I logged into enter Finland and saw waiting for processing no supplymentery request either.

Anyone had or having this kind of thing. What should I do in this situation?
Thanks
Last edited by rakib150 on Tue May 28, 2024 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jonathan_09

Post by jonathan_09 » Mon May 27, 2024 8:31 am

rakib150 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 2:58 am
Hi
Few weeks ago I received email that my application processing has started but when I logged in to enter Finland it’s still in the waiting for processing. Now yesterday again I received email stating that’ The processing of your application is ongoing. We have sent you a supplement request to which we are waiting for your reply’
Again I logged into enter Finland and saw waiting for processing no supplymentery request either.

Thanks
This is most probably a technical problem. And I think the emails which are the real situations of yours

Send immediately an email to [email protected] and explain to them the issue. In the email include your dirary number as well as customer number.

Kippuax

Post by Kippuax » Mon May 27, 2024 8:40 am

Aasinkinttu wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 12:02 pm
Uskomaton wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 11:54 am
Aasinkinttu wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 11:37 am
I'm in the December/15xxx group.
Not sure about queue because Kamu is down.

I recently received what I thought was the ordinary "waiting for processing, there's backlog blablabla" but this one was slightly different. Still appears to be automated but different content.
See below:

-------------------------------------

Your application is waiting to be processed - supplement the application
Dear customer,

Your application is waiting to be processed. We will inform you when the processing begins.

While you are waiting, please update your application with the following information:

Travels outside Finland

Inform us of whether you have travelled outside Finland after submitting your application. If you have, we need to know the following:

To what country did you travel?
What was the reason for the trip?
When did you leave Finland and when did you return to Finland?
Sources of income

Send us documents as proof of your current income source.

If you have changed jobs, send us your new employment contract.
You do not need to send proof of your income if:

There have not been any changes in your employment relationships after you submitted your application;
You are receiving benefits from Kela; or
You are receiving money from a Finnish pension or health insurance fund.
The Finnish Immigration Service will use the Incomes Register to obtain information about the payments made by Kela, Finnish pension funds and Finnish health insurance funds.

For more information" ... And continues..

------------------------------------------------------

Of course, I'm going to do what is asked. I am just curious how others have experienced this same message. Sign of being close? Or just automatic after X amount of waiting time?
It is automatic. Once a month or something. They don’t ask you to send the proof of income unless there is any change in your current employment etc. Read the email fully to avoid confusion.

Cheers.
This one is different than the monthly ones which I've received.
First time receiving the email with this specific content.
Could it be a half year automatic message?

Luckily in my case, I'll just need to update some travel info.
Hi my case is somehow similar to you. Could I ask after submitting new papers, your application moved to stage 2 or after receiving that email?

rakib150

Post by rakib150 » Mon May 27, 2024 10:18 am

jonathan_09 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 8:31 am
rakib150 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 2:58 am
Hi

Thanks
This is most probably a technical problem. And I think the emails which are the real situations of yours

Send immediately an email to [email protected] and explain to them the issue. In the email include your dirary number as well as customer number.
Thanks, sent email to migri.

Aasinkinttu

Post by Aasinkinttu » Mon May 27, 2024 4:29 pm

Kippuax wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 8:40 am
Aasinkinttu wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 12:02 pm
Uskomaton wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 11:54 am

It is automatic. Once a month or something. They don’t ask you to send the proof of income unless there is any change in your current employment etc. Read the email fully to avoid confusion.

Cheers.
This one is different than the monthly ones which I've received.
First time receiving the email with this specific content.
Could it be a half year automatic message?

Luckily in my case, I'll just need to update some travel info.
Hi my case is somehow similar to you. Could I ask after submitting new papers, your application moved to stage 2 or after receiving that email?
No changes after submitting papers. I went to stage 2 (at least it shows that way) almost immediately after service point visit. Likely an error though. Prior to this email, I always received the email about waiting for processing and there being a backlog, etc.