Citizenship Application 2022

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
jacksparrow

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by jacksparrow » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:36 am

sunstar89 wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:21 pm
eniokooza wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:11 pm
Was in stage 1, waiting to be processed for 16 month.
Very weird why they take one phone call seriously but again not caring about another phone call. I am also waiting for around 15 month and they told me average is 25 while Kamu gives me average 7-16 month. really confused how they do things.
Anyway congrats to you 👍
hi there,, may i know what is your serial number right now. tnx

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

pizzapasta

Post by pizzapasta » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:23 am

sunstar89 wrote:
eniokooza wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:11 pm
Was in stage 1, waiting to be processed for 16 month.
Very weird why they take one phone call seriously but again not caring about another phone call. I am also waiting for around 15 month and they told me average is 25 while Kamu gives me average 7-16 month. really confused how they do things.
Anyway congrats to you 👍
Again, it comes down to whom you talk to or deal with. If you’re lucky to be in contact with a forward thinking person, they address your issue, if you’re not that lucky then I guess all you end up on the bad side.

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:37 am

Maaria wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:18 pm
kalaizanala wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:37 pm
sunstar89 wrote:

Anyway congrats to you 👍
May be your finnish skills are not so perfect to be persuasive :D
But it might be just a lucky case. You never know who will take your call and what will happen next. I know one family who got citizenship decision in two weeks with a help of migri worker, so it's all about the person you contact to.
How did migri worker help? Was the migri worker someone working in one of the migri centers where you submit your applications?
Yes, It was a migri worker at migri center. There is a family of three people. They all were applying for citizenship(wife and son also for permanent permit), but had different appointments on different days. Wife explained to migri worker that her husband will be applying few days later. And migri lady said that he can come directly to her, because they are family of three and their applications will be processed all together and she can take care of it. After that they got all decisions in two weeks.
I don't think that it is a common situation. They just were in the right place at the right time. And probably migri lady had a positive attitude towards them.

sunstar89

Post by sunstar89 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:53 am

kalaizanala wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:37 am
Maaria wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:18 pm
kalaizanala wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:37 pm

May be your finnish skills are not so perfect to be persuasive :D
But it might be just a lucky case. You never know who will take your call and what will happen next. I know one family who got citizenship decision in two weeks with a help of migri worker, so it's all about the person you contact to.
How did migri worker help? Was the migri worker someone working in one of the migri centers where you submit your applications?
Yes, It was a migri worker at migri center. There is a family of three people. They all were applying for citizenship(wife and son also for permanent permit), but had different appointments on different days. Wife explained to migri worker that her husband will be applying few days later. And migri lady said that he can come directly to her, because they are family of three and their applications will be processed all together and she can take care of it. After that they got all decisions in two weeks.
I don't think that it is a common situation. They just were in the right place at the right time. And probably migri lady had a positive attitude towards them.
But they ask us not to ask to expedite your application even after more than a year because it is not "fair" to others. words lost meaning here.

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:16 am

sunstar89 wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:53 am

But they ask us not to ask to expedite your application even after 1.5 year because it is not "fair" to others. words lost meaning here.
Finnish governmental workers are having independency in their work and employers are trusting to their employees. It is a huge advantage for the worker and a disadvantage for client. If migri worker will brake the low it is possible to go to the court. If they are making us wait - there is almost nothing to do with it. I know a lot of unfair situations with kela, maistratti, TE-office, banks... when one people are getting everything they need and others are being rejected for no reason. Almost all of it because of human factor. Finnish governmental system in not perfect and Migri is recognized as the most ineffective part of it. Think back to recent news reports, seems like it is ok for migri to reject RP application for highly educated and experienced nurse and at the same time give a multiple permits for sex&massage workers.

sri3001

Post by sri3001 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:36 pm

It might be a not-so-useful suggestion, but If we can compile all the posts related to positive decisions in to one list, we might be able to get a better idea about different groups and waiting times for each of them.

Yuriko

Post by Yuriko » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:10 am

For those who are frustrated by unfair processing of applications, time to voice out in migri's survey which is open until 18 December: https://link.webropolsurveys.com/s/migri-survey-3-2022

In the survey there is a specific question "l feel that the Finnish Immigration Service attends to me the same way as it attends to other clients. (5= I completely agree – 1= I completely disagree)", and what do you think the Finnish Immigration Service can improve its service. :)

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:40 am

sri3001 wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:36 pm
It might be a not-so-useful suggestion, but If we can compile all the posts related to positive decisions in to one list, we might be able to get a better idea about different groups and waiting times for each of them.
It might be interesting to see stats from this forum users. But unfortunately, people here usually do not provide full info, for example country of origin, grounds for living, etc.
Anyway, migri has its own statistics (but without waiting for decision time period, what could be interesting for us)
https://statistik.migri.fi/index.html#d ... 23331?l=en

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:58 pm

kalaizanala wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:16 am
sunstar89 wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:53 am

But they ask us not to ask to expedite your application even after 1.5 year because it is not "fair" to others. words lost meaning here.
Finnish governmental workers are having independency in their work and employers are trusting to their employees. It is a huge advantage for the worker and a disadvantage for client. If migri worker will brake the low it is possible to go to the court. If they are making us wait - there is almost nothing to do with it. I know a lot of unfair situations with kela, maistratti, TE-office, banks... when one people are getting everything they need and others are being rejected for no reason. Almost all of it because of human factor. Finnish governmental system in not perfect and Migri is recognized as the most ineffective part of it. Think back to recent news reports, seems like it is ok for migri to reject RP application for highly educated and experienced nurse and at the same time give a multiple permits for sex&massage workers.

Suomen hallitus on täysin osaamatonta porukkaa

37yqp8098y5

Post by 37yqp8098y5 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:43 pm

skull_maito wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:37 pm
So the reason Migri gave about the delay is;
They have an automation system in place that categorises different applicants into 4 groups;
1st group gets decision within 7-8 months;
2nd group gets decision within 15-16 months;
3rd group gets decision around 26 months;
4th group gets decision around 20 to 25 months.
This is such a stupid thing that I am not even sure if I believe this is true. I want to believe what you said, but it just sounds absolutely idiotic, that people are put into a specific queue based on their host nationality. I'm from a "picture perfect" country, so why then am I still waiting over 1 year :D? Makes absolutely no sense to me. Still I thank you for the explanation and shedding some light on this.
pizzapasta wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:49 pm
Thanks for sharing. It’s interesting how some of our suspicions have actually been confirmed. The fact that they had to expunge that infamous list from their website clearly indicates that they are trying to hide the unfairness from the public while they continually treat folks differently based solely on their counties of origin.
It was already explained that the list exists because those host countries suck. Their processes are outdated and completely incompatible with first world countries. They are difficult to deal with, do not have any dedicated measures for collaborating with other nations and in general cannot be trusted due to high levels of corruption. That's nothing that Migri can do anything about. So your "le racism" argument is just stupid. You're starting to sound like a broken record.
kocool12 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:02 am
Finally got my decision after 29months.
Big congrats. That's a long time. Guess it was positive?
Edward35 wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:37 am
I think they purposely there to break their customers down as they did to the Mongolia lady. In every situation customers comes first mutta migri treat some customers unfairly.
You should talk to a professional about this paranoia you have.
eniokooza wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:08 pm
I got a positive decision yesterday. After waiting 16 months,
I called them last Thursday and asked if they needed additional documents and why was application not attended to.
The lady apologized she had no explanation but will forward my complain to the case officer. The same day I went to stage 2 and yesterday decision was made.
Thank you all for the information shared on the forum. :thumbsup:
Someone who actually got some information from calling. No way this can be a coincidence. Congrats btw.

As usual things work best through nepotism. My wife and I were waiting some years ago for a heavily delayed paper which we needed to get married. It was taking forever and wedding date was already booked. We finally got it a few days before the ceremony, barely enough time to get the flights and make the ceremony overseas. We handed the paper directly into Väestörekisterikeskus and asked them really nicely if they could process it immediately and email the certificate so we can get married. They said yes and did it within 2 hours. The official timeframe I remember they had on the site was 2-4 weeks. So as usual, begging does work if it's so important. Likely no one is going to refuse you to your face, but it's much easier for them to read from a script on the phone or via email.

EDIT: Queue number seems to be moving very quickly this month (not that I think it means anything). Normally see it dropping 50 per week, now it has dropped over 100 per week.
The average Somali and Iraqi costs Finland €12,000 per person, per year.
https://julkaisut.valtioneuvosto.fi/handle/10024/160396

skull_maito

Post by skull_maito » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:32 am

37yqp8098y5 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:43 pm
skull_maito wrote:
They have an automation system in place that categorises different applicants into 4 groups;
This is such a stupid thing that I am not even sure if I believe this is true. I want to believe what you said, but it just sounds absolutely idiotic, that people are put into a specific queue based on their host nationality. I'm from a "picture perfect" country, so why then am I still waiting over 1 year :D? Makes absolutely no sense to me. Still I thank you for the explanation and shedding some light on this.
pizzapasta wrote:
Thanks for sharing. It’s interesting how some of our suspicions have actually been confirmed. The fact that they had to expunge that infamous list from their website clearly indicates that they are trying to hide the unfairness from the public while they continually treat folks differently based solely on their counties of origin.
It was already explained that the list exists because those host countries suck. Their processes are outdated and completely incompatible with first world countries. They are difficult to deal with, do not have any dedicated measures for collaborating with other nations and in general cannot be trusted due to high levels of corruption. That's nothing that Migri can do anything about. So your "le racism" argument is just stupid. You're starting to sound like a broken record.
kocool12 wrote:
Edward35 wrote:
I think they purposely there to break their customers down as they did to the Mongolia lady. In every situation customers comes first mutta migri treat some customers unfairly.
eniokooza wrote:
I called them last Thursday and asked if they needed additional documents and why was application not attended to.
The lady apologized she had no explanation but will forward my complain to the case officer. The same day I went to stage 2 and yesterday decision was made.
Someone who actually got some information from calling. No way this can be a coincidence. Congrats btw.

As usual things work best through nepotism. My wife and I were waiting some years ago for a heavily delayed paper which we needed to get married. It was taking forever and wedding date was already booked. We finally got it a few days before the ceremony, barely enough time to get the flights and make the ceremony overseas. We handed the paper directly into Väestörekisterikeskus and asked them really nicely if they could process it immediately and email the certificate so we can get married. They said yes and did it within 2 hours. The official timeframe I remember they had on the site was 2-4 weeks. So as usual, begging does work if it's so important. Likely no one is going to refuse you to your face, but it's much easier for them to read from a script on the phone or via email.

EDIT: Queue number seems to be moving very quickly this month (not that I think it means anything). Normally see it dropping 50 per week, now it has dropped over 100 per week.
Well, I have a documented response letter that was addressed and sent to my address with detailed description I explained above. Even my partner was so much shocked the choice of words in printed letters and this particular explanation of delay was coming from a government agency in this 21st century.

With respect to the list of '3rd world countries' as being described by Migri, about 5 or more years ago, applicants from these same under listed countries have their applications treated and decided all within 12 months, so what could have changed all in a matter of few years if not its a deliberate action from them? That is a question you need to ponder on.

If applications have not even been opened with over 20 months of waiting time, how many months will they even need to conduct the background checks Migri keep on talking about (i.e even if they do at all). If they don't believe a government issues passport from embassies in EU countries, so where are they going to dig for information about the applicants. The same passports they are questioning when it comes to citizenship applications are what they have been accepting without questions during permit and extended permits applications. This is just a systematic way of discrimination. That another EU applicant waited for over 12 months before getting decision doesn't remove the fact that applicants from 3rd world countries are being discriminated about. I am sure a lot of you must have read about the case of Mongolian Nurse who have been living in Finland for over 7 years and still being treated unfairly until she decided to migrate to another well-accommodating society.

Schmania

Post by Schmania » Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:11 pm

37yqp8098y5 wrote:
skull_maito wrote:
pizzapasta wrote:
kocool12 wrote:
Edward35 wrote:
eniokooza wrote:

No need to be rude to people who are losing their nerve waiting for their applications to be processed, jeez.

Also, no, the queue is not moving faster. Mine has slowed down in the last ten days and is now moving 3 times slower. So it’s not the same for everyone.

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:55 pm

skull_maito wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:32 am
37yqp8098y5 wrote:
skull_maito wrote:
pizzapasta wrote:
kocool12 wrote:
Edward35 wrote:
eniokooza wrote:

Well, I have a documented response letter that was addressed and sent to my address with detailed description I explained above. Even my partner was so much shocked the choice of words in printed letters and this particular explanation of delay was coming from a government agency in this 21st century.

With respect to the list of '3rd world countries' as being described by Migri, about 5 or more years ago, applicants from these same under listed countries have their applications treated and decided all within 12 months, so what could have changed all in a matter of few years if not its a deliberate action from them? That is a question you need to ponder on.

If applications have not even been opened with over 20 months of waiting time, how many months will they even need to conduct the background checks Migri keep on talking about (i.e even if they do at all). If they don't believe a government issues passport from embassies in EU countries, so where are they going to dig for information about the applicants. The same passports they are questioning when it comes to citizenship applications are what they have been accepting without questions during permit and extended permits applications. This is just a systematic way of discrimination. That another EU applicant waited for over 12 months before getting decision doesn't remove the fact that applicants from 3rd world countries are being discriminated about. I am sure a lot of you must have read about the case of Mongolian Nurse who have been living in Finland for over 7 years and still being treated unfairly until she decided to migrate to another well-accommodating society.
Someone perhaps should go to court about the passport issue. It should be respected, If a passort has been issued by an embassy located in an EU country.

random1

Post by random1 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:14 pm

I have been waiting from 22 and half months, received Positive decision today. Got no email, no sms . Just randomly checking my enterfinland account saw that decision was taken yesterday. Country in the list. Queue number two days ago was 9XX.
Good luck to all those who are waiting patiently.

toivosuomi

Post by toivosuomi » Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:34 pm

Really happy to find this forum to at least commiserate with folks.

Its quite disheartening this current situation. Some posts are frightening (example - stuck in stage 2 for one year).

I'm pretty sure the queue numbers are quite meaningless so I don't know why migri gives them. I don't know if the host country thing is true or the racism thing or the "good taxpaying citizen" idea. Its all incredibly arbitrary.

My situation

PR in 2021 September
Citizenship application and interview in June 2022
Application in processing (stage 2) got email 14 November 2022
Current queue number 4500

If I already have a PR so recently, I wonder what else is left to check.

A friend of mine, his wife applied and interviewed in July 2022, got application is in processing (stage 2) in Nov 2022 & a decision the same day.

C'est la vie!
Last edited by toivosuomi on Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.