Dating Sites

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Joyce88

Re: Dating Sites

Post by Joyce88 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:42 pm

I'm currently using http://finnishdating.datingbuddies.com/ . It seems a good Finnish dating site. There're some nice exciting features and a fair number of Finnish singles to talk to.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

aiden11

Post by aiden11 » Sat May 25, 2019 1:45 pm

Yeah,why not to take help from google? There are lots of dating websites available. What kind of dating male/female do you want?

animist

Post by animist » Wed May 29, 2019 12:03 am

Try all you want on the dating sites, my own opinion is that your best bet are through common interests, activity/ hobby clubs, or even while travelling on the public transport (harder but possible), restaurants etc. My personal opinion is that none of the sites mentioned work, are paid/ rip-offs.
In my experience it's so sad and true. After a year of using both Tinder and OKC in Helsinki region I got exactly zero dates with Finnish women, likely it would be more promising to establish a romantic connection with a girl abroad, develop relationships and then convince her to come to Finland to raise a family. Apparently native Finns discovered the same strategy even earlier.

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:07 pm

animist wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 12:03 am
Try all you want on the dating sites, my own opinion is that your best bet are through common interests, activity/ hobby clubs, or even while travelling on the public transport (harder but possible), restaurants etc. My personal opinion is that none of the sites mentioned work, are paid/ rip-offs.
In my experience it's so sad and true. After a year of using both Tinder and OKC in Helsinki region I got exactly zero dates with Finnish women, likely it would be more promising to establish a romantic connection with a girl abroad, develop relationships and then convince her to come to Finland to raise a family. Apparently native Finns discovered the same strategy even earlier.
because you're not the only one to message your prospect. Simply put, you are in competition, and eventually you might be required to participate in a game to boost the ego of your prospect, and finally end up being an orbiter (unless you destined to be a funding source of bailout of your prospect's bad financial decisions and certain life style) :mrgreen:

Let me help you: https://reddit.com/r/WhereAreAllTheGood ... all_heres/
https://reddit.com/r/WhereAreAllTheGood ... _i_want_a/

More: https://reddit.com/r/WhereAreAllTheGoodMen
Image Image

suomynona.yllatot

Post by suomynona.yllatot » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:19 pm

animist wrote:
a year of using both Tinder and OKC in Helsinki region I got exactly zero dates with Finnish women,
Let me say this: Unless you are caucasian and I mean caucasian from the western-part-of-the-world, dating is going to be an issue, and a difficult road ahead. It is really not like what you would think. For all the screams of "we are not racist" etc.!

Some might counter me by referring to the number of marriages and mixed couples (one partner being non-native). Here's the news: Look deeper. [And just to be clear, I do not mean this in a demeaning way towards people, just that reality is what it is. People do tend to look at attractiveness when seeking partners.]

So, the -1s and +1's as well as most of the 6-10 are with the natives. Most 6-10's are with caucasians-from-the-western-hemisphere.

It is then the 2-6 or at best 2-6's that are in mixed relationships. Some of the guys (apparently having followed residence permit decisions) have married and hastily borne a child just to get a residence permit and not realising that it may not always work. Or the boy toy that the tourist brings back home after a trip to a southern beach.
animist wrote:
Apparently native Finns discovered the same strategy even earlier.
And believe me, it has been/ and for the foreseeable future will be a disaster. Qualified men live like pigs! Lack of language skills, the limited social fabric in the society, they almost always land up in regret. Search this forum, or a couple of groups on FB. Some people naively bring all their savings, and land up blowing it up, and soon their chick lands up blowing somebody else. In fact, I did ask of one US (or was he from CA, don't remember!) guy. Pre-nups are so common in he US. Why would you not write one up before you came here? His dumbest answer was, "well, the Finns, their reputation is that they are so honest". Bollocks!
animist wrote:
likely it would be more promising to establish a romantic connection with a girl abroad, develop relationships
Again, if you are here to study, do so, and then move after a career! If you look for love first in Finland, and then the career, well, many have gone down that path, then end is a pitiful one! Unless you are *highly qualified* and even then doubtful, it'll be a hard game, and you'll at best get between a 2-5.
animist wrote:
and then convince her to come to Finland to raise a family.
Why not the other way? If you have good career, and better possibilities outside Finland, what keeps you tied?

... been down that road! Thankfully, never signed off my assets to common. Thankfully, still maintained a career (but I was quite sure, if I did not find something in 3 months, I'm out, girl or no girl). That kept me from sinking. The only connection is the kids. Moved out by choice. Don't care about the rest.
Yep, it is! What's the big deal?