Do you have to serve Finnish Army as a naturalized citizen?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
onkko

Re: Do you have to serve Finnish Army as a naturalized citizen?

Post by onkko » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:41 pm

koli wrote:I am so surprised with so many replies in such a short time. Apparently, it's quite a sensitive issue to many people. I don't care about the racist comments etc. I have made up my mind that I will do Civil Service instead, even though it would be for 13 months!
Rasicts comments? havent seen any.
civil service... ill start now...
Are you somekind of fukwit who cannot handle army? army is place of mans so youre woman? Are you afraid of army, its easy. Gays do civil service. Only gays and drug users do civil service.

next would be in finnish but you get general idea. Main idea is you don do civil service.

Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FIRAT

Post by FIRAT » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:47 pm

onkko wrote:
koli wrote:I am so surprised with so many replies in such a short time. Apparently, it's quite a sensitive issue to many people. I don't care about the racist comments etc. I have made up my mind that I will do Civil Service instead, even though it would be for 13 months!
Are you somekind of fukwit who cannot handle army? army is place of mans so youre woman? Are you afraid of army, its easy. Gays do civil service. Only gays and drug users do civil service.

next would be in finnish but you get general idea. Main idea is you don do civil service.
Well i can use guns better than you but i still dont like the idea of being a part of some army ;) and how manaic sick weirdo are you to mean he is gay or insulting him like" are you woman?" you still think that you arent racist ohh no you are on drugs or something! damn you guy most of the Finnish people hates people like you are not just foreigners...

elisouli

Post by elisouli » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:48 pm

onkko wrote:
*coughwa*kercough*

FIRAT

Post by FIRAT » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:50 pm

onkko wrote:

he asked for help not your @#$% silly insultings!filthy fascist!

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:12 am

FIRAT wrote:[ and how manaic sick weirdo are you to mean he is gay or insulting him like" are you woman?"
*cough*

Voicing opinions against the draft is generally considered a social stigma in Turkey. This is mainly due to the fact that it is part of the unchanging national cirrucilum to indoctrination the "Armed Forces" is "Holy".

It goes to follow that by law it is a punishable offense to speak publicly against the army or conscription, as it's a crime to "undermine Turkish people's zeal towards military" and a separate crime to "insult the spirit of the Armed Forces". See also: Article 318 of the Turkish Penal Code.

Most companies require men to have completed their military service before their job candidacies can be accepted, and traditionally families do not consent to their daughters marrying men who have not served their terms. The reason behind this requirement is irregular loss of workforce; the companies are legally bound to discharge draft evaders or face very serious legal consequences (that may start with monetary fines and escalate to shutting down all operations), however valuable an asset these people are.

So nothing has changed from "back home". Tight turban here too ;)

And the latest news on the ergenekons is that two retired generals have been arrested... Hurriüet should have something... http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/english/home ... 44&sz=2564
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

FIRAT

Post by FIRAT » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:19 am

Hank W. wrote:
FIRAT wrote:[ and how manaic sick weirdo are you to mean he is gay or insulting him like" are you woman?"
*cough*

Voicing opinions against the draft is generally considered a social stigma in Turkey. This is mainly due to the fact that it is part of the unchanging national cirrucilum to indoctrination the "Armed Forces" is "Holy".

It goes to follow that by law it is a punishable offense to speak publicly against the army or conscription, as it's a crime to "undermine Turkish people's zeal towards military" and a separate crime to "insult the spirit of the Armed Forces". See also: Article 318 of the Turkish Penal Code.

Most companies require men to have completed their military service before their job candidacies can be accepted, and traditionally families do not consent to their daughters marrying men who have not served their terms. The reason behind this requirement is irregular loss of workforce; the companies are legally bound to discharge draft evaders or face very serious legal consequences (that may start with monetary fines and escalate to shutting down all operations), however valuable an asset these people are.

So nothing has changed from "back home". Tight turban here too ;)

And the latest news on the ergenekons is that two retired generals have been arrested... Hurriüet should have something... http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/english/home ... 44&sz=2564

Hank do you really think all Turks does hate people who hasnt been in army? :D there are lots of who doesnt want to go to army and who supports their opinion but also lots of who hates people who doesnt want to go to army but they dont call other one as a gay or something because of it ;) and the guy is not a Finnish so its natural that he doesnt feel like being in its army ;) but he said he will do social work instead because he doesnt like army stuff,does it make him gay? and what if its like that in Turkey? :) and believe me i will call any Turk as "maniac sick weirdo"too of they would say the same to someone who doesnt want to be in army :D

FIRAT

Post by FIRAT » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:20 am

and that Ergenekon stuff looks like an endless hell really :D weird things happening in Turkey nowadays :?

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:17 am

FIRAT wrote:Hank do you really think all Turks does hate people who hasnt been in army?
So you really think all Finns do? ;) Most modern people don't care, but theres some legal things and also then theres the conservatives. And of course the people been to the army look a bit down as... remember that "network" thing?
FIRAT wrote:there are lots of who doesnt want to go to army and who supports their opinion but also lots of who hates people who doesnt want to go to army but they dont call other one as a gay or something because of it
Well you can get easier off the Finnish service than Turkish, and you wouldn't believe what all you get called for "gay" here ;)
FIRAT wrote: and the guy is not a Finnish so its natural that he doesnt feel like being in its army
Well, he wants to become a Finnish, so its in the package. Same thing if I wanted to become a moslem I would need to have a little operation.
Cheers, Hank W.

FIRAT

Post by FIRAT » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:27 am

Hank W. wrote:
FIRAT wrote:Hank do you really think all Turks does hate people who hasnt been in army?
So you really think all Finns do? ;) Most modern people don't care, but theres some legal things and also then theres the conservatives. And of course the people been to the army look a bit down as... remember that "network" thing?
FIRAT wrote:there are lots of who doesnt want to go to army and who supports their opinion but also lots of who hates people who doesnt want to go to army but they dont call other one as a gay or something because of it
Well you can get easier off the Finnish service than Turkish, and you wouldn't believe what all you get called for "gay" here ;)
FIRAT wrote: and the guy is not a Finnish so its natural that he doesnt feel like being in its army
Well, he wants to become a Finnish, so its in the package. Same thing if I wanted to become a moslem I would need to have a little operation.
Sure he has to do something to be Finnish but he wants to do social service instead of being in army,if there was social service like here,in Turkey believe me noone would have said any bad stuff to those who wants to do social service :) its a service too and in my opinion its more useful service :D i just cant get why people called him gay cause of that,thats weird...

and that operation is good for health :D

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:39 am

Isn't in Turkey you can also piss off to live in bad kebab countries and pay 5000 euros to get off with a month? Anyways, theres both options - *but* as I said to avoid any social stigma if one can play with the years then if its an option. I mean you never know if you end up with the conservatives or the libertines in life.
Cheers, Hank W.

FIRAT

Post by FIRAT » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:42 am

Hank W. wrote:Isn't in Turkey you can also piss off to live in bad kebab countries and pay 5000 euros to get off with a month? Anyways, theres both options - *but* as I said to avoid any social stigma if one can play with the years then if its an option. I mean you never know if you end up with the conservatives or the libertines in life.
Sorry i couldnt really get what you meant :S a bit simpler english pls? :D

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:53 am

Well, its this: For Turkish citizens who have worked outside Turkey for at least three consecutive years, on condition that they pay a certain fee (currently 5112 EUR), a basic military training option of twenty-one days (previously twenty-eight days) is offered instead of the full-term military service of 15 months = piss off to live in bad kebab countries and pay 5000 euros to get off with a month. ?
Cheers, Hank W.

FIRAT

Post by FIRAT » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:02 am

Hank W. wrote:Well, its this: For Turkish citizens who have worked outside Turkey for at least three consecutive years, on condition that they pay a certain fee (currently 5112 EUR), a basic military training option of twenty-one days (previously twenty-eight days) is offered instead of the full-term military service of 15 months = piss off to live in bad kebab countries and pay 5000 euros to get off with a month. ?

Well i am not gonna pay that money or do army in Turkey :D i will do it here even i dont like armies :D

Karhunkoski

Post by Karhunkoski » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:13 am

FIRAT wrote:Hank do you really think all Turks does hate people who hasnt been in army? :D
Well Hank' correct, the issue doesn't bother many Finns either. But the problem comes with the guy sitting across the table in your job interview, for most immigrants he is the guy who really matters. Now if this guy happens to be even only partially concerned about hiring an immigrant, not ticking the national service box can be one reason/excuse not to take him on.
Political correctness is the belief that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

koli

Post by koli » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:22 am

I don't know what to say, it's just some people don't accept that people are different, they have their own likes and dislikes, goals, ambition etc (even identical twins can have different beliefs and faiths). Why do you want others to think the way you think? If everybody thought the same way, this world be so boring. I don't wanna say anything else, it's my life, I will do what I want to do.

Good luck everybody!