Citizenship Application 2019

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
rucindrea

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by rucindrea » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:44 pm

ozil-madrid wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:10 pm
Hi everyone,

I was wondering how does migri check travelling records of person applying for citizenship specially of one travels in EU zone where there is no passport stamps in the passport or anything of that sort, any ideas ?

Also do you have to list all your trips from last 4/5 years, i find that a bit too much!

Lastly, once one submits the application, can i choose date to prove my identity or do they send to me specific date ? And what happens there when one goes to prove identity, how good does my finnish need to be as i have very limited skills .

Thanks!
I don't know if they can actually check your travels within the EU, at least I cannot imagine how they would...

I added all the travels from the past 9 years, it was the most difficult part of the application for me. But since most of my travels were by plane, I had the booking info in my email and I searched for it that way. I travel for work on average once every 2 months, so it was a lot of work..

After you fill in and pay for your application, you get to choose what date and time you book to prove your identity, and also which Migri center you want to visit.

The interview itself was not very difficult in terms of Finnish skills, they are not testing you again (you have a document that should prove your language skills). They only asked me a couple of clarifying questions about my travels (is it work related?) and one about the company I work for (since it's partly my own). I started to explain the company situation in Finnish but I switched to English to explain more complicated stuff and the Migri officer didn't seem to mind.

I only received the automatic message about travel and means of support at 6 months, and once the application went to phase 2 (after 8.5 months) I got a positive decision in a couple of hours.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

ozil-madrid

Post by ozil-madrid » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:13 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your info!

When you mention :: I only received the automatic message about travel and means of support at 6 months, and once the application went to phase 2 (after 8.5 months) I got a positive decision in a couple of hours.

Do you mean you hadn't provided the travelling info before and after 6 months they asked for you to add info about travelling in your residence time ?

Thanks!

rucindrea wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:44 pm
ozil-madrid wrote:
Hi everyone,

I was wondering how does migri check travelling records of person applying for citizenship specially of one travels in EU zone where there is no passport stamps in the passport or anything of that sort, any ideas ?

Also do you have to list all your trips from last 4/5 years, i find that a bit too much!

Lastly, once one submits the application, can i choose date to prove my identity or do they send to me specific date ? And what happens there when one goes to prove identity, how good does my finnish need to be as i have very limited skills .

Thanks!
I don't know if they can actually check your travels within the EU, at least I cannot imagine how they would...

I added all the travels from the past 9 years, it was the most difficult part of the application for me. But since most of my travels were by plane, I had the booking info in my email and I searched for it that way. I travel for work on average once every 2 months, so it was a lot of work..

After you fill in and pay for your application, you get to choose what date and time you book to prove your identity, and also which Migri center you want to visit.

The interview itself was not very difficult in terms of Finnish skills, they are not testing you again (you have a document that should prove your language skills). They only asked me a couple of clarifying questions about my travels (is it work related?) and one about the company I work for (since it's partly my own). I started to explain the company situation in Finnish but I switched to English to explain more complicated stuff and the Migri officer didn't seem to mind.

I only received the automatic message about travel and means of support at 6 months, and once the application went to phase 2 (after 8.5 months) I got a positive decision in a couple of hours.

ozil-madrid

Post by ozil-madrid » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:20 pm

by the way, do they usually ask for the older passport or just the current one ?

Cheers!

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:25 pm

ozil-madrid wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:20 pm
by the way, do they usually ask for the older passport or just the current one ?

Cheers!
Yes older passport will need to be provided.

ozil-madrid

Post by ozil-madrid » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:50 pm

What if i don't have it anymore :O ?!?!?

heretostay wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:25 pm
ozil-madrid wrote:

Cheers!
Yes older passport will need to be provided.

rucindrea

Post by rucindrea » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:00 am

ozil-madrid wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:13 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your info!

When you mention :: I only received the automatic message about travel and means of support at 6 months, and once the application went to phase 2 (after 8.5 months) I got a positive decision in a couple of hours.

Do you mean you hadn't provided the travelling info before and after 6 months they asked for you to add info about travelling in your residence time ?

Thanks!

rucindrea wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:44 pm
ozil-madrid wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
No, what I mean is: I provided all the travel info in my application. After 6 months had passed, I received an automatic message requesting me to update my travel info and means of support since the application time and I supplied that info. At the time of the automatic message, my application was still in phase 1, so no one had yet looked at it.
Last edited by rucindrea on Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

rucindrea

Post by rucindrea » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:02 am

ozil-madrid wrote:

Cheers!
They only asked to see my current passport, when I went to prove my identity. I didn't have to provide any older ones.

Naeem89

Post by Naeem89 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:18 pm

Bad news for new and probably old applicants, the processing time for citizenship application has been changed to 12 months

ozil-madrid

Post by ozil-madrid » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:23 pm

Is this from the processing time calculator or is it some official news ?
Naeem89 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:18 pm
Bad news for new and probably old applicants, the processing time for citizenship application has been changed to 12 months

rucindrea

Post by rucindrea » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:27 pm

The processing time checker shows 11-12 months now for new and old applications... :(

ozil-madrid

Post by ozil-madrid » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:51 pm

All,

Anyone here knows/applied for the citizenship without mentioning full travel dates as they couldn't track all their travels and had a positive/negative decision based on that ?

How do they check/know/ask you to provide info if there is a system to track it ? Or is there no system and it just depends if you remember all the info or not ?!

Appreciate answers based on facts :) !!

Thanks.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:31 pm

ozil-madrid wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:23 pm
Is this from the processing time calculator or is it some official news ?
Naeem89 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:18 pm
Probably related to this: https://migri.fi/en/article/-/asset_pub ... euvottelut
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

random-username

Post by random-username » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:48 am

Another week started, any news from anybody?

Beetlejuuuice

Post by Beetlejuuuice » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:16 pm

Hello, got a positive decision today, here is the timeline:
27/03/2019 proved identity
26/09/2019 sent additional information
29/10/2019 A decision has been made

Good luck to all, who are waiting! I hope you get your positive decisions soon!
Applied in Rasio service point. Non EU-citizen.

daramolad

Post by daramolad » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:50 pm

My friend of mine who applied in March 28th 2019 just received a positive decision today. 3 hours after her Appplication moved to stage 2 she got the decision.