Receiving decision for paper application (Intimate Relationship)

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
actualbunnyvolunteer

Post by actualbunnyvolunteer » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:58 am

Hello.

I am a non-EU citizen, engaged to a Finnish citizen. I applied for a residence permit on the basis of intimate relationship back in November 2020. After radio silence for nearly 7 months, my fiancée finally received a letter with supplementary questions for me and herself in June 2021. We have responded and now we're waiting for a decision.

Because my RP application was a paper application, I was wondering as to how Migri would deliver the decision on my RP application. I read people who did a paper application get an email from Migri telling them to go to the embassy for the decision, but I was wondering...

Does Migri mention the email whether the decision is negative or positive?

And after receiving a positive decision, do you have to go back to the embassy two weeks later to pick up the RP card?

The Finnish embassy in my country is a bit far from where I live, about two hour plane ride, so I'm trying to avoid flying back and forth and wasting money on these trips.

Thank you.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

pepino

Re: Receiving decision for paper application (Intimate Relationship)

Post by pepino » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:29 pm

From my experience applying for the intimate relationship permit in late 2019, I received an email from the embassy saying that a decision has been reached and I must go to the embassy to receive it. The decision was not told in the email. When I did go to the embassy, I immediately received my permit card and the paperwork with the positive decision.

I hope this helps.

AmeriFinn

Post by AmeriFinn » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:38 am

actualbunnyvolunteer, just checking to see if you received a decision yet. I applied in March 2021 (4 months after you). Curious if you have received word and if so, when.

actualbunnyvolunteer

Post by actualbunnyvolunteer » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:55 am

AmeriFinn wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:38 am
actualbunnyvolunteer, just checking to see if you received a decision yet. I applied in March 2021 (4 months after you). Curious if you have received word and if so, when.
Yes. I got a positive decision in October 2021. That is about 11 months after I applied. Good luck to you!

SecretCode

Post by SecretCode » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:34 am

actualbunnyvolunteer wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:58 am
Because my RP application was a paper application, I was wondering as to how Migri would deliver the decision on my RP application. I read people who did a paper application get an email from Migri telling them to go to the embassy for the decision, but I was wondering...
Does Migri mention the email whether the decision is negative or positive?

And after receiving a positive decision, do you have to go back to the embassy two weeks later to pick up the RP card?
I posted my dates in Residence Permit on grounds of “Intimate Relationship” - Finland Forum

In my case, the email did not state what the decision was, but it did state that I could come to the Consulate to collect the decision and the card. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't issue a card for a negative decision!

It also means in my case I got the card immediately, no 2-week wait, though I've read people here saying that happens.

My decision was like yours about 11 months after the application.