Moving away from Finland (Steps related to Permit etc)

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
duzah

Post by duzah » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:18 pm

Hi!

I got a job in another EU country. I am a Non EU currently holding Type A Finnish Permit. I will be moving and relocate to another EU Country soon. Can anyone please advise on the steps or things need to be taken for this purpose with regards to permit etc? I mean, if there is a checklist, it will be good too. I found several links from expat-finland, but the information is scattered all over the internet with no official checklist etc.

To make my questions more detailed, do I need to contact Migri to cancel my permit (I am not returning back to Finland)? Who else should I inform about this? And how about maistraatti etc? Please advise.

Really hoping to hear from you.

Thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Moving away from Finland (Steps related to Permit etc)

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:31 pm

duzah wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:18 pm
Hi!

I got a job in another EU country. I am a Non EU currently holding Type A Finnish Permit. I will be moving and relocate to another EU Country soon. Can anyone please advise on the steps or things need to be taken for this purpose with regards to permit etc? I mean, if there is a checklist, it will be good too. I found several links from expat-finland, but the information is scattered all over the internet with no official checklist etc.

To make my questions more detailed, do I need to contact Migri to cancel my permit (I am not returning back to Finland)? Who else should I inform about this? And how about maistraatti etc? Please advise.

Thanks
Main places to notify are DVV and Kela. Migri will get information from the population register (DVV).

duzah

Post by duzah » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:31 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:31 pm
duzah wrote:
Hi!

Thanks
Main places to notify are DVV and Kela. Migri will get information from the population register (DVV).
Do I need to personally contact MIGRI for this? Or, is it if I already notify DVV, my permit will then be automatically cancelled? What is the min deadline to do this? 1 month? Please advise.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:04 am

duzah wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:31 am
betelgeuse wrote:
duzah wrote:

Thanks
Do I need to personally contact MIGRI for this? Or, is it if I already notify DVV, my permit will then be automatically cancelled? What is the min deadline to do this? 1 month? Please advise.
Migri wrote: If you move permanently away from Finland, your residence permit will be cancelled.
If you notify DVV that you are permanently moving away, the cancellation should come automatically.
In any case there is no penalty for you if your Finnish RP is not being cancelled by Migri.

Notifying DVV is important, you avoid a taxation mess when your official moving date is chosen in a way that you are never residing in one country while being employed in the other country.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:33 am

duzah wrote:
betelgeuse wrote:
You must notify DVV latest one week after the move.

duzah

Post by duzah » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:44 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:33 am
duzah wrote:
betelgeuse wrote:
Do I need to return the Finnish Type A Residence Permit card to MIGRI? Or is it sufficient to notify just DVV?

If yes, how can I return the Residence Permit?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:23 pm

duzah wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:44 am
betelgeuse wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:33 am
duzah wrote:

Do I need to return the Finnish Type A Residence Permit card to MIGRI? Or is it sufficient to notify just DVV?

If yes, how can I return the Residence Permit?
You don’t need to retun the permit due to a DVV notification.

zrurikesy

Post by zrurikesy » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:24 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:04 am
duzah wrote:
betelgeuse wrote:

Do I need to personally contact MIGRI for this? Or, is it if I already notify DVV, my permit will then be automatically cancelled? What is the min deadline to do this? 1 month? Please advise by ksaexpatsguide
Migri wrote: If you move permanently away from Finland, your residence permit will be cancelled.
If you notify DVV that you are permanently moving away, the cancellation should come automatically.
In any case there is no penalty for you if your Finnish RP is not being cancelled by Migri.

Notifying DVV is important, you avoid a taxation mess when your official moving date is chosen in a way that you are never residing in one country while being employed in the other country.
You don't need any kind of DVV notification.