Enter Finland - Registration of an EU citizen's right of residence - online form mistake

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
chybusor

Enter Finland - Registration of an EU citizen's right of residence - online form mistake

Post by chybusor » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:04 pm

Hello,

After I submitted my application and after I paid for it, I noticed that it is selected Country of origin - Finland and Citizenship - Finland.
I'm sure I have selected Romania and Romanian.
I have used the "Send additional information" button where I have written the correct information.
I have an appointment for 3.08., this Tuesday and I'm worried that this will delay my application.

My question is if anyone else had problem when selecting Country of origin and Citizenship... (Also, I used Chrome when I created my account, but after I was submitting my account information, I received error, tried over 5 times and after that I tried on Edge and it worked to create my account from there)

Additional info: I have a relationship with a Finn, for over a year and a half. I have applied based on Employment contract (took me 3 months to find a job here) , even if I moved in Finland in May.

Thank you for eventual responses

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

jaatelo

Re: Enter Finland - Registration of an EU citizen's right of residence - online form mistake

Post by jaatelo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:24 pm

chybusor wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:04 pm
After I submitted my application and after I paid for it, I noticed that it is selected Country of origin - Finland and Citizenship - Finland.
I'm sure I have selected Romania and Romanian.

Additional info: I have a relationship with a Finn, for over a year and a half. I have applied based on Employment contract (took me 3 months to find a job here) , even if I moved in Finland in May.
Romania is a European country.

You don't need to be in a relationship with a Finn to apply for right of residence.

Send supplement information and correct your country of origin. This type of mistake happens all the time and the supplementary information form is for this purpose also.

chybusor

Re: Enter Finland - Registration of an EU citizen's right of residence - online form mistake

Post by chybusor » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:33 pm

I visited today there and the lady that seen my error laughed, she changed the country of origin and the citezenship to Romanian.
After I left her office, I noticed that on the paper it didn't changed, was still Suomi. Went back, she changed it again. Might be some software problem.

I needed to register there first and after they made a decision to regarding my application (which cannot make before I start to work - their words) I have to go to the DVV to get the identity number and then I will get tax number and tax card. Those were the instructions I received today.
In other words, I panicked for nothing.