Moving to Finland as a EU citizen-What are the steps to follow?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
betelgeuse

Re: Moving to Finland as a EU citizen-What are the steps to follow?

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:32 pm

NukkuMatti wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:44 am
I guess what is meant by proving sufficient means of support, you might not even need to show a bank account, just an official payslip or paper that proves you get sufficient income monthly..

For example if you have a disabilities benefit allowance (or pension) from lets say Holland, and it is above the limit required for residency, you can just move here and not even need to show a bank account, only the paper of the decision on your allowance...

In that case you will have the public health insurance form the other country (in this example Nehterlands) as well..

But.... that is what I was told and I have been wrong before :lol:
If there’s a payslip, then registration is based on employment.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:37 pm

SimaNainen wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:22 am
3. Then I chose Registration of an EU citizen's right of residence in Finland because I do not have any family members in Finland. My Finnish boyfriend is not a family member because he isn't my spouse.
In Finnish immigration a spouse is also someone who you have cohabited with for two years. However, for EU registration it only matters if the Finnish spouse has used their free movement rights. Otherwise only the domestic law route (a residence permit) is a available.

NukkuMatti

Post by NukkuMatti » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:40 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:32 pm

Unless the payslip is from a non Finnish based company : for example an online entity based in Ireland paying your salary (remote work only).
Or you are a youtuber... etc.

Modern on line world does not require you to live in the country where you work and or get paid anymore...

Same counts for the payslip from your pension provider from another country...

Then the registration cannot be based on employment of course.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:36 pm

NukkuMatti wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:40 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:32 pm

Unless the payslip is from a non Finnish based company : for example an online entity based in Ireland paying your salary (remote work only).
Or you are a youtuber... etc.

Modern on line world does not require you to live in the country where you work and or get paid anymore...

Same counts for the payslip from your pension provider from another country...

Then the registration cannot be based on employment of course.
There is no requirement for the employer to be resident in Finland. A youtuber could register as self-employed (if they haven’t incorporated).