Family ties visa

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Kokomi252

Family ties visa

Post by Kokomi252 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:34 pm

Hello, I want to ask if there any possibility about the waiting time for a family ties permit could be finish earlier ?
I am currently waiting for a decision, but what makes me concerned is I am currently 22weeks pregnant, and it is estimated that I will give birth on Christmas, is there any chance that I could cet a permit before Christmas ? , because I really need support for my pregnancy and the birth of my son later.
I came here for working visa on February, unfortunately I got negative decision and at the same time also pregnant, I did filed an appeal for my working visa and still waiting the result, but iam aware that I couldn't wait any longer if it takes more than 8 months (the court told me), I did went to doctor (private clinic) few times and it costs me quite expensive.
I hope i could get the permit soon and get some support for my pregnancy.

Thank you.

Family ties visa

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Kuzay

Re: Family ties visa

Post by Kuzay » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:16 pm

Hi, have you told the authorities (Migri) that you are pregnant? It could be a reason for them to give your application a higher priority.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:35 pm

Kokomi252 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:34 pm
Hello, I want to ask if there any possibility about the waiting time for a family ties permit could be finish earlier ?
https://migri.fi/en/expedited-processing1
Kokomi252 wrote:
I am currently waiting for a decision, but what makes me concerned is I am currently 22weeks pregnant, and it is estimated that I will give birth on Christmas, is there any chance that I could cet a permit before Christmas ? , because I really need support for my pregnancy and the birth of my son later.
You are now married to the father of your unborn child?
What is his citizenship?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:43 pm

Kokomi252 wrote:
I came here for working visa on February, unfortunately I got negative decision and at the same time also pregnant, I did filed an appeal for my working visa and still waiting the result, but iam aware that I couldn't wait any longer if it takes more than 8 months (the court told me), I did went to doctor (private clinic) few times and it costs me quite expensive.
I hope i could get the permit soon and get some support for my pregnancy.
Access to public healthcare is possible for family members when the permit is being processed. You need to get a municipality of residence from DVV.

"In addition to the preconditions mentioned above, you will get a municipality of residence if your family member living in Finland already has or is assigned a municipality of residence."

https://dvv.fi/en/foreigner-registration

Many municipalities offer maternity clinics to everyone regardless of status.

"Pregnant women residing in Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa, Turku, Tampere and in some other smaller cities are entitled to the same healthcare as residents at the same costs."

https://www.globalclinic.fi/en/