Work Permit during probation period

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Sunnydale

Post by Sunnydale » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:57 am

Hi,

I need to apply for residence permit on the basis of work. I need advice.

1.Does anyone know whether Migri gives work permit during the probation period of job?

2. If I get 4 years work permit, and dont work later on, does Migri check whether I'm working during that 4 years time period? Do they ask for pay slips or work contract at any time in those 4 years?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: Work Permit during probation period

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:13 am

Sunnydale wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:57 am
Hi,

I need to apply for residence permit on the basis of work. I need advice.

1.Does anyone know whether Migri gives work permit during the probation period of job?
Probation period (koeaika) or not, it is still work, with a contract existing between the employer and the employee.
Sunnydale wrote:
2. If I get 4 years work permit, and dont work later on, does Migri check whether I'm working during that 4 years time period? Do they ask for pay slips or work contract at any time in those 4 years?
See https://migri.fi/en/working-in-finland ("Changing jobs and end of employment")

Sunnydale

Post by Sunnydale » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:49 pm

Ok thankyou for guiding.

I have another question as well.

When someone has RP based on family ties and now he wants to change the permit based on work, does he apply for an extended permit or first permit? What are the chances of getting a 4 years permit when someone is changing the grounds of residence permit?

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:51 pm

Sunnydale wrote:
In the normal case where someone is hired from abroad the residence permit is granted before the beginning of the probation period.
Sunnydale wrote:
2. If I get 4 years work permit, and dont work later on, does Migri check whether I'm working during that 4 years time period?
An A or B permit can be cancelled when the reason for granting it no longer exists.
Sunnydale wrote:
Do they ask for pay slips or work contract at any time in those 4 years?
It would be archaic if they'd ask you for information that is already in a government database.
Finland has a national Incomes Register, all salaries paid are listed there immediately.
Sunnydale wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:49 pm
When someone has RP based on family ties and now he wants to change the permit based on work, does he apply for an extended permit or first permit?
It's an extension on new grounds, which must fulfil the rules for the new grounds.
For a residence permit on the basis of work this includes a check by the employment office that you aren't doing a job where unemployed persons are available who could take the job instead.

Sunnydale

Post by Sunnydale » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:28 pm

Thankyou for answering.

I have two more questions,

1. If a person has a valid A permit but he wasn't in Finland for a period of 9 months due to personal reasons and then he comes back to Finland and there are only 3 months left till he finishes his 4 years of A permit, woul this person be eligible for PR? Would there be any effect of 9 months of absence? I understand that those 9 months would not be counted in the 4 years time period but other than that would it be any issue in applying for PR?

2. Has anyone any experience of being fined by the court and still gotten a PR?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:39 pm

Sunnydale wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:28 pm
Thankyou for answering.

1. If a person has a valid A permit but he wasn't in Finland for a period of 9 months due to personal reasons and then he comes back to Finland and there are only 3 months left till he finishes his 4 years of A permit, woul this person be eligible for PR? Would there be any effect of 9 months of absence? I understand that those 9 months would not be counted in the 4 years time period but other than that would it be any issue in applying for PR?
” Residence is considered continuous if an alien has resided in Finland for at least half the validity period of the residence permit. Absence resulting from ordinary holiday or other travel or work at a work site abroad on secondment by a Finnish employer is not considered an interruption of continuous residence.”

https://www.finlex.fi/en/laki/kaannokse ... 040301.pdf

Sunnydale

Post by Sunnydale » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:37 pm

Thankyou betelguese, your answer has helped clarify my confusion.
This means that 9 months of absence wouldn't affect the time period of 4 years for permanent residence. But what about showing the last 6 months bank statement and payslips? I didn't had a job before and since I wasn't in Finland bank statements don't have much to show either.
I'm worried if this would negatively impact permanent residence application?

Sunnydale

Post by Sunnydale » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:50 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:39 pm
Sunnydale wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:28 pm
Thankyou for answering.

” Residence is considered continuous if an alien has resided in Finland for at least half the validity period of the residence permit. Absence resulting from ordinary holiday or other travel or work at a work site abroad on secondment by a Finnish employer is not considered an interruption of continuous residence.”

https://www.finlex.fi/en/laki/kaannokse ... 040301.pdf

Thankyou betelguese, your answer has helped clarify my confusion.
This means that 9 months of absence wouldn't affect the time period of 4 years for permanent residence. But what about showing the last 6 months bank statement and payslips? I didn't had a job before and since I wasn't in Finland bank statements don't have much to show either.
I'm worried if this would negatively impact permanent residence application?
Would like your opinion on this!

Jane23

Extension of work permit

Post by Jane23 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:49 pm

Hi everyone

I have an A permit for a period of six months which got expired last week but I have applied for an extension, I no longer work with the company that gave me the 6months contract although it was a gig job. I work as a gig worker now in another company but in the contract there is no end date. What do you think will happen to my application as migri are requesting for an additional doc that my employer should fill a terms of agreement form. But my employer said he can’t because it is a zero hours contract and also a gig job. I don’t know what to do or what to reply migri. Please kindly assist.