Help Finding the Name of a Song by a Finnish Female Singer of Spanish Descent

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
musician1978

Post by musician1978 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:59 am

I lived in Costa Rica for many years and there I heard a beautiful dance song at a club in the late 90s (1997-1999) sung by a Finnish woman who is of Spanish descent but sang a song in English that don't know the name to and have been trying to find the name of it ever since. I don't know the name of the singer either.

The chorus said something like "closing in on that someone" or "closing in on that something". It was a very uplifting and happy dance song. I don't know much of the subgenres of electronic music, but the tempo of the song was at a moderate dance pace.

I was also told that Makki Kolehmainen might have produced her music as he is a famous producer but haven't found a way to communicate with him.

Can anyone please help me? Thank you so much.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

StellaS

Re: Help Finding the Name of a Song by a Finnish Female Singer of Spanish Descent

Post by StellaS » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:01 am

Maybe something by Anna Abreu? Although she is Finnish-Portuguese.

Edit. And too young, too. Sorry.

inkku

Re: Help Finding the Name of a Song by a Finnish Female Singer of Spanish Descent

Post by inkku » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:08 am

Here you can find a list of music produced by him
Perhaps his group Aikakone, the lead singer was Sani? Also others Charlott?
https://www.discogs.com/artist/124349-M ... lter_anv=0

musician1978

Post by musician1978 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:55 am

StellaS wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:01 am
Maybe something by Anna Abreu? Although she is Finnish-Portuguese.

Edit. And too young, too. Sorry.
Thank you very much for replying. It means a lot because I've been searching for that beautiful song for so long. I will try to upload an audio file with me playing the part I remember on the piano, perhaps that could help.