Residence Permit on grounds of “Intimate Relationship”

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
AmeriFinn

Post by AmeriFinn » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:02 pm

Hello all. I’m new to the forum. I was wondering if there are others on here that have applied for a Residence Permit on the ground of dating or intimate relationship. I know the Migri site estimates approximately one year for the application to be reviewed and approved/denied. I applied in March 2021 (I am engaged to a Finnish resident) and am currently #36 in the queue. I was #69 in mid June and it only progressed to #60 in 4 months. The last 3 weeks or so I went from 60 to 36, which I am delighted about. I was just curious if others could share when they applied and what # they currently are. Just a curiosity factor more than anything. I know I need to be patient, but it is so hard to be- lol.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

pepino

Re: Residence Permit on grounds of “Intimate Relationship”

Post by pepino » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:40 pm

Welcome,
There are quite a few posts on the topic you can read through if you use the search function on the forum. I successfully applied for the intimate relationship permit at the end of 2019. It only took two months from application to receiving my physical permit. However, I'm currently waiting for my new application to be processed and migri has informed me that the waiting times are quite significant now, so, I'm not sure if you will have as quick of a turn around for that permit as I did.

Good luck!

AmeriFinn

Post by AmeriFinn » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:08 pm

Thanks for the welcome and reply. My wait is definitely longer than yours as it has already been 7 1/2 months and I anticipate at least 4 more months based on the Migri website. What country had you applied from? I am in the USA. Yes, I have read other posts on this topic already. I was just curious if there are others on the forum that have applied for a first residency permit and are still waiting. :thumbsup:

pepino

Post by pepino » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:40 pm

AmeriFinn wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:08 pm
Thanks for the welcome and reply. My wait is definitely longer than yours as it has already been 7 1/2 months and I anticipate at least 4 more months based on the Migri website. What country had you applied from? I am in the USA. Yes, I have read other posts on this topic already. I was just curious if there are others on the forum that have applied for a first residency permit and are still waiting. :thumbsup:
The waiting times can be all over the place it seems! Even before Corona. I'm from the US; however, I applied for the permit at the Finnish Embassy while living in London.

SecretCode

Post by SecretCode » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:27 am

I applied in person at the Consulate in London on 5 May 2021. (Apparently since this application can't be done online, I was never given any online tracking or queue number - not sure how OP managed that.) The tracker indicated 9-12 months (it was less initially but I was resigned to the delays).

This was already quite a delay from when I prepared the application, because the Consulate were not taking any appointments during the winter 2020-2021 covid wave.

3 March 2022 - they emailed me to say they were posting a request for additional information (which was a step I expected) - I submitted this on 18 March.

1 April - they emailed me to say I could collect the decision and the card. They didn't confirm what the decision was in the email, but saying the card was ready was a fairly strong clue.

5 April (exactly 11 months from submitting the application) - I collected the card at the London Consulate.