Extention of my work permit!

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Oak1

Post by Oak1 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:27 pm

Hi every one here!

I want to share my experience with the extention of my work permit in Finland that may it's useful for some of you.

I have applied for an extention of my work permit (Type B permit) in November 2019
I got a negative decision in July 2020 based on a negative partial decision of the TE office in February 2020, the TE office said that they didn't get the needed documents from my employer!
I made an appeal on the negative decision of the migration office in the same month of July 2020 to the adminstrative court of Helsinki, I enclosed all the needed documents from my employer with the appeal, I sent the appeal and the documents from my employer to the court by email. I did every thing without any help from a lawyer.
In September 2020 again the court sent me a letter by post telling me that the TE office informs that the documents that I have enclosed with my appeal is not enough!
Again I contacted my employer and got new documents and forwarded them to the court and the TE office by email
My employer also sent them by post to the court and to the TE office.
Finally after ONE YEAR of waiting and in September 2021 ,the court informed me about the final partial decision of the TE office and it was a positive decision!
In October 2021 ,the court sent me their final decision and informed me that they have turned back the case to the migration office to give a final decision due to the final partial decision of the TE office.
In the end of October 2021 I got the final decision from the migration office and it is a positive decision (Type A permit)

Best wishes for all of you!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

vincentsky

Re: Extention of my work permit!

Post by vincentsky » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:07 pm

I'm happy it worked out for you.

Mine was a little more streamlined but things came to a screeching halt after the TE office overturned their negative decision. There's been no word from Migri since August.

Oak1

Post by Oak1 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:46 pm

Hi,
Thanks.
The TE office overturned my negative decision and sent it to the court of Helsinki, then the court gave a decision and forwarded the case back to Migri.
If you didn't get a decision from the court please contact them and ask about it and if they have forwarded the case to Migri or not yet.
My regards and good luck.
Last edited by Oak1 on Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naomi 123

Post by Naomi 123 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:45 pm

Hi, could you please tell me the papers required from employers side.

Thank you

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:02 am

Naomi 123 wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:45 pm
Hi, could you please tell me the papers required from employers side.
For the employer it's easier to do it without paper online at https://enterfinland.fi/eServices/home/employer