Offline Laptop battery stores

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
nimap

Post by nimap » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:37 pm

I need to buy replacement battery for my old laptop, the model I need is available online from ebay, amazon, etc. from germany, uk, france, china, usa, etc. The problem is the item cannot be shipped to Finland. I have bought some replacement batteries from ebay uk few years ago, didn't have problem there, but now all the sellers says they do not ship to Finland for the battery model I need. There are other models which has options to international delivery, so this cannot be battery shipping restrictions.

However, is there any stores in Finland that sells replacement batteries for laptops? I tried Gigantti, Verkkokauppa and Veikonkone already and they do not have the model I need.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Offline Laptop battery stores

Post by FinlandGirl » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:44 pm

nimap wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:37 pm
I need to buy replacement battery for my old laptop, the model I need is available online from ebay, amazon, etc. from germany, uk, france, china, usa, etc. The problem is the item cannot be shipped to Finland. I have bought some replacement batteries from ebay uk few years ago, didn't have problem there, but now all the sellers says they do not ship to Finland for the battery model I need. There are other models which has options to international delivery, so this cannot be battery shipping restrictions.
Does the model you need have more than 100 Wh or more than 20 Wh per cell, and the other models don't?
These are the limits where normal shipping is no longer feasible under the new regulations.
That's also the reason why an Apple MacBook Pro has a battery with 99.8 Wh capacity.

Is a battery with lower capacity available for your laptop that can be shipped?
nimap wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:37 pm
However, is there any stores in Finland that sells replacement batteries for laptops? I tried Gigantti, Verkkokauppa and Veikonkone already and they do not have the model I need.
Easiest would be to ask the manufacturer of your laptop, do they have some online chat or other contact option?

nimap

Post by nimap » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:27 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:44 pm
Does the model you need have more than 100 Wh or more than 20 Wh per cell, and the other models don't?
No, 69Wh is enough for my need and the particular model I was looking for. Most sellers had free delivery options in their country and no delivery option to Finland. I have asked some sellers if I pay extra for delivery will they deliver to Finland, waiting for response.
FinlandGirl wrote:
Easiest would be to ask the manufacturer of your laptop, do they have some online chat or other contact option?
I have Dell. I asked them and they said they do not have batteries for my laptop model.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:58 am

nimap wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:27 pm
FinlandGirl wrote:
No, 69Wh is enough for my need and the particular model I was looking for.
If this is a 3-cell battery it is over the limit.

NukkuMatti

Post by NukkuMatti » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:43 pm

What you can do, if it is an old fashioned battery pack with inside the "tesla" batteries 18650, you can try to refurbish your old by replacing the old cells.
Most older battery packs that contain such cells, are possible to open up without breaking them if you are careful.

This can be tricky however... the whole operation has something similar to an open heart surgery.... the little circuit board inside the battery, might need to remain powered not to lose memory stored in volatile memory, if it loses the information the circuit board will be dead... so need to connect the new batteries first before disconnecting the old ones.

I have successfully done it twice with my Laptop battery (an old Thinkpad of 2005 running XP with programming software on it for the ECU of my car 8) ).

But you need to be handy with soldering stations and have knowledge of electronics...
I cannot help you out here... to busy fighting all the wrong decisions from Kela the last few months...they seem to have hired new zombies... :?