New sauna and New WC construction

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
ddfreedie

Post by ddfreedie » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:50 am

Hi

Looking for some information regarding the below

[b]Question 1[/b]
1. How easy is it to build a new sauna in an apartment.
2. Do housing company generally allow is to do this. I may have to use an open space next to toilet for setting up sauna
3. What is the procedure and cost (small one for 2-3 people) we can expect for this activity (approx cost)
4. Any good pointers for the same

[b]Question 2[/b]
1. There is a separate room for WC and another room for bathing. They are adjacent to each other but WC may not align exactly but slightly apart by a few inches
2. Thinking to have one more WC in the bathroom as well
3. Do housing company generally allow is to do this
4. What is the procedure and cost (small one for 2-3 people) we can expect for this activity (approx cost)
5. Any good pointers for the same

Sample imaging below
https://hott-buzz.blogspot.com/2021/11/

TIA

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: New sauna and New WC construction

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:27 pm

ddfreedie wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:50 am
Hi

Looking for some information regarding the below

Question 1
1. How easy is it to build a new sauna in an apartment.
2. Do housing company generally allow is to do this. I may have to use an open space next to toilet for setting up sauna
3. What is the procedure and cost (small one for 2-3 people) we can expect for this activity (approx cost)
4. Any good pointers for the same

Question 2
1. There is a separate room for WC and another room for bathing. They are adjacent to each other but WC may not align exactly but slightly apart by a few inches
2. Thinking to have one more WC in the bathroom as well
3. Do housing company generally allow is to do this
4. What is the procedure and cost (small one for 2-3 people) we can expect for this activity (approx cost)
5. Any good pointers for the same

Sample imaging below
https://hott-buzz.blogspot.com/2021/11/

TIA
The steps to take:
1) discuss with the housing manager (isännöitsijä), ask the housing company for a permission
2) if given a permission, make building plans, check with the local building control authority if a building permit is needed
3) have the renovation done, have the housing company inspect and approve the water proofing before proceeding further

A rough estimate of the costs for a sauna, a few thousand euros. The floor needs to be opened to allow for new drainage pipes and proper sloping towards the drain, also a vapor barrier needs to be built for the walls. The price varies depending on the company and the visible materials (furniture, paneling, tiles,...) used. Once you have a permission from the housing company, you can ask quotes from a few building companies to gauge the pricing. Do NOT attempt to do the renovation yourself (I'm assuming you're not a professional builder, otherwise you wouldn't have to ask these things).

You have to get the permission for your apartment from your housing company, so it doesn't really matter whether housing companies generally allow such changes. Depending on the specifics, it may be that the renovation realistically cannot be done.

FinlandGirl

Re: New sauna and New WC construction

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:52 am

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:27 pm
A rough estimate of the costs for a sauna, a few thousand euros. The floor needs to be opened to allow for new drainage pipes and proper sloping towards the drain, also a vapor barrier needs to be built for the walls. The price varies depending on the company and the visible materials (furniture, paneling, tiles,...) used. Once you have a permission from the housing company, you can ask quotes from a few building companies to gauge the pricing. Do NOT attempt to do the renovation yourself (I'm assuming you're not a professional builder, otherwise you wouldn't have to ask these things).

You have to get the permission for your apartment from your housing company, so it doesn't really matter whether housing companies generally allow such changes. Depending on the specifics, it may be that the renovation realistically cannot be done.
The second WC sounds realistic, but depends on the plumbing work required for the wastewater.